old old old player returning after a long time

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by rick, Jan 22, 2014.

1. rick Augur

been debating whether to bother subing to a silver or not (not sure if I want to go gold as I am waiting to see what EQ next is like and yet I went with a founder pack for it to see what it is like)..

just debating whether i should and whether it is worth it for short term (If EQ Next as good as I hear it might be will be going to sub station again)

any view points for a silly player who has been gone since Sept 2000 really and found they still have the EQ itch (already played my druid a lot longer than I should have as the old all night jam session occurred)
  2. Jubaii Elder

Greetings and salutations. You should check out Return to Glory on the Test server. Http://returntoglory.guildlaunch.com The Test server is free and all gold accounts. You get all the latest xpansions. We are a Progression guild about to start Gates of Discord. We also have a lot of higher level grouping going on during off nights.

If this is something you are interested in, you can /testcopy your toon from a live server right over to the test server for free. We are capped at 65 for our raiding toons, but like I said there is a lot of higher groups on off nights. Hope you check us out.

Ghirardelli 65th Level cleric
    Guild Leader of Return to Glory
  3. -braedo- New Member

I have been playing on and off for the past 10 years or so. and while the biggest downfall (by far) for me is the terrible graphics that EQ has to offer. other than that, I still think EQ has a lot to offer, and one of the best experiences out of all MMOs (ymmv) That said, things have changed a lot since 2000 and you will want to do some homework on mercs and the quests that have been implemented to help make leveling easier. I would absolutely recommend starting a new toon at this point, as you will level very fast and it helps to get re-acquianted with everything. also, my sig has a link for the refer a friend program, which will help get you started with free gear, or if you want to do it yourself, you can recruit yourself as well.

good luck, and if you have any questions feel free to PM me
  4. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

That link won't work for him, he already logged in. It only works if you follow it before logging in after 180 days offline.

You should already be Silver on your old account which will have nice veteran rewards in /claim that make it probably not worth it to make a new account via those links.

I suggest making a new character to go through the tutorial as it has a lot of important lessons in there. Then you can go back to your main character.

If you're on Bertoxxulous, I help with Epic kills and J5 mercs.