Old noob casual contemplating to return

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Doeda, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Doeda New Member

Hi, old n0ob casual dude here thinking about returning, just wondering (this is my title idk why the N word is ****?)
    1. if pet exp nerf is lifted on these servers? (pet does X more dmg than you, you get less exp a kill)
    2. Bards solo abilities nerfed? (swarm kiting/charm kiting)
    3. Race/Class exp downside, (hybrids take foreeeevvvverrrr to level up?)
    4. What server to roll on for the ultimate EQ group scene (I'm down to sit for 8 hours and grind exp Progression server that is.)

-I can't really think of much but those were my major concerns as of now maybe will add/edit later since I am downloading the game atm and would like to know these things before I waste 15$
  2. Machen New Member

1. Pet exp nerf is still there, but only if the pet does 100% of the damage. As long as you get one nuke you will get full exp. Also doesn't apply at all if you are in a group.

2. Bards swarm kiting took a big hit, a long time ago--their pbae's no longer hit for full when mobs are moving. They can still charm/swarm kite just fine though.

3. All of the race/class exp penalties have been removed, although a small handful of bonuses are still in.

4. Fippy is where it is at if you want to group on progression, much healthier population than Vulak.

Also be aware that there are much bigger bonuses for grouping now, so even classes that used to solo extremely successfully tend to gain exp faster in a group.
  3. Geezuz Lorekeeper

I'm not sure if you are stuck on playing on a TLP server but I'd figure I'd reach out to you since you are also a returning player. I would HIGHLY recommend the Test Server, its Free Gold Membership, lots of perks like perma +XP etc. Alot of us old players have recently returned to the game ourselves and have started a progression guild there. We are currently recruiting active lvl 1-60 players seeking PROGRESSION starting @ Classic/Kunark. If this interests you or you are looking for an active group your level to run around with lets chat. You can find more information about us here http://philanthrophy.enjin.com/
  4. Chiltonium New Member

Unless I am mistaken the test server still has the more up to date mechanics and rulesets for EQ yes? Would be vastly different from old EQ.
  5. Toquillaw Augur

Yes, it is all the most current stuff for live servers, plus whatever newer things are in the pipes such as the new Hot zones and the new Heros Forge sets which Phathom tweeted about yesterday, plus infinite copies of characters from live and all their plat. Definitely not old school.