Old new player on FV needs help

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Thaisuzie, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Thaisuzie New Member

Just logged in after about 12 years. Starting on FV brand new. My old b/f used to help me out but now I am winging it pretty badly.

Lvl 3 necro Thaisuzie is the name.

I have a couple questions if someone can send a tell in game... Do I need a gold account for that?
  2. Scorrpio Augur

Try to recover your old account. You will have access to some pretty good veteran rewards if you do, and account will be a silver (A5 merc).
  3. Thaisuzie New Member

Working on that. How do I get more bags in the game? Also is there a good source to look up on what spells I should be using at a particular level? So many spells, so little mana...
  4. Moege Augur

Use mixing bowls for bagspace, 10 slot holds giant items for 1 silver each
  5. Scorrpio Augur

Mixing bowls suggestion is interesting but clicking experiment every time will get annoying.
    1. Make hotkey for /open and use it on any targetable barrel or crate you come across in tutorial. Some might have 8-slot bags. Also you can go out to Crescent reach, locate a general supplies vendor and get bags from him.

Once around lvl 10, hit the bears. Watch out for high quality bear skins. These make 10-slot 10%weight reduce packs. There are other options too. Namely, if you get your old account and claim veteran, there might be various other things you can claim including some decent bags.
  6. Scorrpio Augur

For spells, most existing guides on Necros, even if 12+ years old, will be relevant at your stage.
    For all sorts of zone, quest, spell, item info, Allakhazam EQ is best, but they REALLY bombard you with ads unless you have premium. I got premium, it's worth it to me.

About server choice before you get too far: FV ruleset allows sale of many items that are non-tradeable elsewhere. This makes some nicer high end gear more accessible, but it all costs a pretty penny. FV tends to attract players who got cash to blow (usually buying kronos for $$$ and then selling them in-game). As a result, bazaar prices on FV tend to be rather inflated compared to other live servers. You decide if such environment is for you.
  7. Thaisuzie New Member

The reason I chose FV, I live on the west coast and tend to play at 9pm PST. That server seems to be the most populated server around that time. I know the game isn't as popular than it was 12 years ago but I do enjoy grouping as much as possible. Maybe someone has a better idea?
  8. Serikan New Member

I am a returning player like yourself feel free to look me up in game on either this name or ranoros and I will happily answer as much as I can
  9. Thaisuzie New Member

Wow, I can't believe it... I was able to log into my old account. My character is on Zek..... I know the FV rules state, once transfered your done. How do I find out what kind of veteran rewards I have? Do they work for any character I create?
  10. Serikan New Member

Yes veteran rewards typically are account wide and as for claiming them... I am no help because I don't remember
  11. Scorrpio Augur

You need to be careful about this.
    First read this carefully

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Veteran_Rewards

In game you type /veteran on the character you want to have veteran benefits. It should be a character you intend to keep playing cause these benefits do not transfer. Once you claim veteran, the extra abilities show up on your special AA tab.

Also if I understand this correctly: say you got 5 paid years on account. You can claim veteran on one char for 5 year benefits, claim veteran on second for 4 years, claim 3rd for 3 years etc.
    I actually think to experiment with this a bit. I have max veteran on my main (16 years played). Gonna try to claim veteran on an alt tonight...
  12. Schadenfreude Augur

Each veteran reward you qualify for lets you claim all the rewards on an additional character.
    Four years gets you four veteran rewards for four characters.
    Five years gets you five veteran rewards for five characters and so on.
    As previously mentioned the veteran claim is tied to the character claimed on and cannot be re-used.