Old monk returning

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Frogmonk, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Frogmonk Journeyman

So, I've been gone for probably 5 years or so. My monk is level 100 right now and I've pretty much no clue what skills/aas/abilities etc I should be using. I did see read a couple things, one of which was how to turn on auto kick/tigerclaw which I thought was really nice. What I'm hoping for is a good place I can go to work on relearning how to play my monk again. I used to be pretty good with him and now I feel pretty lost. I did purchase all access too, so that autogrant on the aa's went through. WOW that was a lot of free aa's and huge jump in power. Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Monkman Augur

For any returning player around 100-105 I always suggest type 5 augs... basically all gear 105+ post TBM expansion has a slot for type 5

You will want to focus on HDex

Best way to get them is to have someone run you through the Into the Temple B mission in TBM which unlocks the merchant that will sell you them

The currency to purchase them is tradeable just do a quick /bag search for “remnants of tranquility”

At 105 each aug costs ~1250

A full set of those alone @105 will net you a ton of extra hp as well as boosting accuracy and proc rate

As for disc/mash key lineup there should be a post in the melee forums for monks that may be dated but still relevant for your current level.
  3. Frogmonk Journeyman

An old friend mentioned that augments have gotten to be quite strong as well as pointing me to some player crafted gear that can be bought in the bazaar that's near raid quality. I have a bit of grinding to do for leveling up, that should help me get back to being comfortable playing. I did see a post about a mash lineup but it was for 110, so I assume I'd just replace whatever level equivalent I have for what was listed. I just need to find a relatively save area to get warmed up in. I could try whatever the 85-95 hotzone is, as it seems that emarr isn't too terribly populated these days. However, I'm open to other suggestions.