Old Man McKenzie Lady Vox Requirements

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tyke666, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Tyke666 New Member

Can anyone tell me definitively what are the requirements to be able to enter the Lady Vox raid given by Old Man McKenzie.
    I can join a raid and select a class to play (this is a monster mission). But when I say the keyword to get in, I am told by OMM that I need to prove myself further.

I was not playing when these missions first came out so I have no idea what I might be missing and how to check. If anyone actually knows (rather than guessing - I have done plenty of that) it would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Typically I just do a run through Solteris. You need to complete 7 raids out of these options:

Solteris: Mayong's Mistresses
    Solteris: Deadly Swarm
    Solteris: Stalward Defenders
    Solteris: The Captured Portal
    Solteris: Portal to Dreadspire
    Solteris: The Final Portal
    Solteris: Two Gods
    Meldrath's Mansion: Battle Room
    Meldrath's Mansion: Breakneck
    Meldrath's Mansion: Doctor Brinda Sprocket
    Meldrath's Mansion: Krond the Longhorn
    Meldrath's Mansion: Bargangle Tinkerson
    Meldrath's Mansion: Meldrath
    Crystallos: Halls of Fire
    Crystallos: Keepers of Stone
    Crystallos: Ice Constructs
    Crystallos: Aerius Windfury
    Crystallos: Tjudawos
    Crystallos: Kildrukaun
    Crystallos: Zeixshi`Kar
    Crystallos: Vyskudra
    Crystallos: Brood Mother Visziaj
    Crystallos: Kerafyrm
    Kithicor: Bahgresh
    Kaesora: A Council Divided
    Kurn's Stronghold: Claiming Felbane the Dragon Slayer
    Field of Scale: Jaled Dar's Sacrifice
    Korascian Warrens: Showdown at the Crystal Core
    Rathe's Council Chamber: Eriak's Downfall
    Rathe's Council Chamber: Rallos Return
    Toskirakk: Fall of Toskirakk
    Korafax: Pallorax the Soul Slayer
    Korafax: Mindshear Avatar
    Korafax: Venom Lord Ksathrax
    Tower of Discord: The Mindblight
    Tower of Discord: Trophy Room
    Tower of Discord: Stasis
    Tower of Discord: Scrying
    Tower of Discord: Sacrifice
    Tower of Discord: Overlord Muram
    Tower of Discord: Edge of Destruction
    Temple of Bertoxxulous: Queen Malarian (hard)
    Blackburrow: Stop the Ascension (hard)
    Kithicor: Bahgresh (hard)
    Kaesora: A Council Divided (hard)
    Kurn's Stronghold: Claiming Felbane the Dragon Slayer (hard)
    Field of Scale: Jaled Dar's Sacrifice (hard)
    Korascian Warrens: Showdown at the Crystal Core (hard)
    Rathe's Council Chamber: Eriak's Downfall (hard)
    Rathe's Council Chamber: Rallos Return (hard)
    Toskirakk: Fall of Toskirakk (hard)
    Korafax: Pallorax the Soul Slayer (hard)
    Korafax: Mindshear Avatar (hard)
    Korafax: Venom Lord Ksathrax (hard)
    Tower of Discord: The Mindblight (hard)
    Tower of Discord: Trophy Room (hard)
    Tower of Discord: Stasis (hard)
    Tower of Discord: Scrying (hard)
    Tower of Discord: Sacrifice (hard)
    Tower of Discord: Overlord Muram (hard)
    Tower of Discord: Edge of Destruction (hard)
  3. Horyuken Augur

That content has been out far to long and the world needs 90% rez. It is crazy to think I need to play content that is over 14 years old just to rez as a shaman. Furthermore that list is to long for me to even read. Please open VOX up and make her moloable so I can get my rez stick.
  4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

What's the prevailing strategy now a days for Balreth? A few expansions back I recall only using the Necro pet bomb ability as it dealt uniform damage with no ability to crit or resist and deal partial damage. Did they finally change it and allow killing the failure Golems to complete the event too?
  5. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Nothing has changed for this event
  6. Darchon_Xegony Augur

So basically you have to wear 15 expansion old weapons and not have any procs or damage shield buffs on to try to balance them at 110?
  7. CrazyLarth Augur

http://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Ancient_Heroes
    more than seven raids

I could of sworn the raid requirements was drooped to One raid but I could not find that info. I know I took a raid and just (only the requester needs to be flagged for old raids) Crystallos but it has 10 events and every body was flagged I think.
    Fanra likes this.
  8. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

we took a spin through tower of discord to flag folks for it, and that worked just fine.
  9. Weebaaa Augur

I believe you have the "Unlock (old) Raid Powersources in mind. (Metal, comes to mind) Which was a completely unlocked in 2014
    http://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Power_Sources
  10. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

I've always used a run through crystallos to flag for vox/naggy.
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

No soup (or 90% rezes) for you.
  12. Beinshady New Member

That list of raids is a list of those you can do. Not all are needed. The best way is to do a run through Crystalos(easiest raid set to do). That will flag you for it. Keep in mind that rez stick is a rare drop. You can buy it with brews but it will take quite a few runs through those mm's. The best thing imo is to just but the 96% rezz tokens from loyalty vendor.
  13. Venedar Lorekeeper

The rez tokens can't be compared to the rez staff, we are talking about a 1 sec rez you can cast betwen spell casts in a raid. Token of resurrection have: 7 sec cast time.

It cost 63 brews = 11 days of MM if you loot everything and sell back. It's still a very time consuming thing to do, everday 1,5-2hrs.

If you box, Mage, Ench, Cleric is a good setup for all missions. Necro and Wizzy is really great as well. Dont do melee they suck compared to casters.

If you want to do the raid do 6 mages, if more joins do necro. And just keep sending pets on Lady Vox.
  14. Brohg Augur

I found it *extremely* helpful to have everyone use a Potion of Companion's Amnesia from the Daybreakbux shop, if they haven't done so already as a main caster.
  15. Beinshady New Member

Sorry i forgot about the cast time. That is great for battle rezzing, even outside of raids.
  16. Eckish Lorekeeper

Huh? Rejuvenation of Spirit is a 96% rez for shamans outside of combat. And in combat, you can always Call of the Wild and then handle the exp portion later. Maybe the rez stick has better utility in some situations, but not having it is hardly gating you from rezzing.
  17. SoroxDrinal Elder

Staff has 30s recast - that's why you want it...
    Call of the Wild is 2m recast.

If every dru/sham in your raid has one, it's near instant rez constantly.
    If you have more deaths than rez sticks, you are wiping.
  18. Eaiana Augur

Staff also has a very long range for the rez. It can also be used when freshly rezzed and out of mana yourself. I use it on my raiding Paladin a lot.
  19. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

getting a call instead of a rez gives revival sickness, which limits your mana/end to like 4k until sickness wears off. an actual rez gives resurrection sickness which does not have those limitations. for some classes tehre's effectively no difference, but for any class that can recover a batch of mana/end quickly (shm, wiz, for example, but there are others) the difference is significant.

also, especially in RoS it seems that people like to die in bunches. which means 1 call every 2 minutes is going to really hurt your overall performance as a raid.

not having one isn't sentencing guilds to a wipe by any means, but having it does make an impact.
  20. Eckish Lorekeeper

Which is fine. But that wasn't how the post I replied to was worded. Specifically: "I need to play content that is over 14 years old just to rez as a shaman." Which is just false.

It is certainly a min/max item, but there's plenty of those locked behind old content. There's precedent for some older content to be made more open, but there's also examples of the opposite.