Old EQ players returning to try Agnarr - Have questions

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Poledo_EQ, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Poledo_EQ Elder

Since it has been 15 years since my wife and I played EQ(we actually met playing EQ in 2000), we really don't remember half the things about the game, but we remember a lot more than I thought we would!

We started Iksar, shm/nec team yesterday, it's slow going but it's been a ton of fun already. I think we made it to level 7. We'll be slowly working our way towards Kurns. I've been doing some tailoring to make us some newbie gear, but I can't really remember what options there were for gearing up at those levels. I did find the coif quest, and the corscale stuff. I was hoping someone could give us some pointers on stuff we could obtain at the lower levels and as we level up in Kunark to focus on and look for to help us gear up. Quests, places/mobs to camp etc.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
    snailish likes this.
  2. Thewiz Augur

The best way to gear up is the bazaar. There are TONS of low level options for pennies. Do some loot farming early. One of the best early loot camps is the aviak ruffians in South Karana at the southwest corner of the map. For a necro/shaman I bet you could start there at 12. by the time they go light blue you will have enough plat to gear out both of you nicely.
    Poledo_EQ likes this.
  3. Poledo_EQ Elder

Thanks, I am not sure we'll be leaving Kunark anytime soon. Is there any where to sell there as Iksar? Everything is going to hate us, or is it all coin drops on them?
  4. Thewiz Augur

A lot of gems and plat. You can origin home to sell.
  5. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

What's your in-game name? I'll send you a starter package
  6. Thewiz Augur

Yeah i have some stuff I can send as well.
  7. Poledo_EQ Elder

My Shaman is Shezis, and my wife is Sariku, and thank you!

Sorry, what did you mean by Origin home? It doesn't ring a bell.
  8. Thewiz Augur

Its on your AA tab, general abilities. It's called origin. You can get it at level 5. It gates you back to your guildmaster.
    Poledo_EQ likes this.
  9. Poledo_EQ Elder

Now that is awesome. So you can have a bind, and also port back to your GM anytime? So helpful!
  10. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Sent you a tolapumj robe for the nec
    Charred shield for the shaman
    500p to make things a bit easier early

Good luck
    snailish and Poledo_EQ like this.
  11. Thewiz Augur

I parceled over 2 items for each of you. Good luck!
    Poledo_EQ likes this.
  12. Poledo_EQ Elder

Man, you are awesome. Nice to see EQ is still about the community. Much thanks!
    Herf and Thewiz like this.
  13. Poledo_EQ Elder

Thanks a ton man, like I said Old, it's nice to see the community is still the best thing about EQ.
    Herf and Thewiz like this.
  14. Miss Smartypants New Member

Thank you for your kindness and generosity!
    Thewiz, Herf and Poledo_EQ like this.
  15. snailish Augur

You can make a character with Kelethin as home. Go down the lifts and run south to the big spires. This gets you to the nexus on the moon. Nexus connects to the bazaar. This character can do all your buying and selling.

Pass platinum and gear through your shared bank slots. Or the newer parcel system.
    Herf and Poledo_EQ like this.
  16. Herf Augur

Yes. You can Bind at a location you're Xp'ing at (but away from mobs!) Then use origin to go home and sell stuff, buy food, etc., then use Gate to go back to where you were hunting. Note that Origin has a cooldown, 12 mins???, so you can't just use it at will, but in practice it's great.
    Poledo_EQ likes this.
  17. Poledo_EQ Elder

Can anyone explain the weird loot system? My wife and I managed to set it back to a normal old school loot style for us, but when someone else joins the group it reverts to the other style, and even put the person I invited as a master looter. It's totally confusing.
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

snailish and Poledo_EQ like this.
  19. Poledo_EQ Elder

20. Poledo_EQ Elder

I checked my mail and there wasn't anything in there. Am I missing something?

Edit - NM! Parcels are new as well. had to look it up.
    Herf likes this.