Old Characters?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by charlesakinney, Apr 8, 2018.

1. charlesakinney New Member

Hi,

I did a quick scan of the first page of this subset and didn't see anything. Was wondering... I haven't played in about 9 months to a year, maybe June '17 and I had some toons on different servers. I was All-Access. I returned recently with new desktop computer and downloaded EQ. Is there a process to get a list of toons that are still on the server(s) so that I can bring one or more back? Also, is it possible to transfer from say Vox to Errolissi Marr (spelling I never get it right..lol). I am currently All-Access.

It's not extremely important but I did have one "free" upgrade to Level 85. I used him to scout out the vast world. Well Level 84, I zoned in somewhere and stepped off a very high mountain and plummeted to my death and loss of exp to get to Level 84. Whoops.... hehehe

It's hard not having a thorough up to date guide about what seems like frivolous things. Least I never saw "that" guide. Lots of old stuff from 2004 though, does it still apply?

Thanks

Torgron Hu/Pally 33 Erosilli Marr
    Ogreron Ogre/War 15 Erosilli Marr
    Tibbult Half/Druid 7 Erosilli Marr

PS
    If anyone sees me sitting at the entrance of the Guild Lobby and I am not buffed up a bit, would appreciate a moment of your time. LOL :) I am in a Guild but I do a lot of soloing and exploring. THANKS!
  2. Sarkaukar Augur

3. slayerofbats Augur

Make sure you use your old account(s), even if you make a new character, because the old accounts have many bonuses. Also that level 85 boost is really good because it gives a lot of stuff as well as just the level. There are many guides on a site if you google almarsguides everquest. The site is not very easy to navigate but there is so much stuff on there and most of it is quite modern. I recommend googling every question you may have though because when I came back, I found lots of stuff on YouTube and Reddit and various places that was useful.
  4. BlueSapphire New Member

I stopped playing in 2008. I had two accounts, six characters each. I stopped because I moved to Germany where the serve speed was negligible. I was unable to play any on-line game because it was just too slow. And there was no such thing as Daybreak back then...

Anyways, is it possible to recover at least some of the characters from back then? Speeds have greatly improved over the years, yes, still in Germany.
  5. Sarkaukar Augur

Those accounts are still there, simply need to log in with the usernames/passwords. Below is the Help link on steps to attempt recovery said accounts.

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/217481518-How-do-I-recover-my-account-
    Talonthalis likes this.
  6. charlesakinney New Member

I am now confused myself a bit...I think... lol

I believe the toons were on this account I am using now. I don't have access to the old computer as such. I still have it but it doesn't work. The drive I do have though.

A while ago I cleaned up several accounts with support. They listed all of them and I chose to get rid of some of them. However, this account I am using right now I believe had the Level 85 etc.

I will check the external drive to see if I happened to save anything from EQ. The external was unplugged from the old computer to this new one. So maybe....lol

Thanks for the help everyone!
  7. Derd Augur

it's really pretty simple, just go down the server list one at a time hit login and see what's there. Unless you have a really bad internet connection you're talking like a half hour. Less if you never signed into a progression server.
  8. charlesakinney New Member

Well I am not sure now about the account(s). I am old so can't remember schhhhtuffff. It could be that I had a different account under a different email of course. If that is the case AND the toons are still somewhere on DB servers my question would then be is it possible to at least bring over the Level 85 to this account?

I went through every last nook and cranny to see if I had any files or emails but to no avail. It may not have been email. I thought I remember getting a support message on the DB website. I have no messages on this account. lol

It's not that critical but would be groovy (eek!) to have the 85. I will check one more thing and see if that works.

Thanks...
  9. charlesakinney New Member

Okay I am back on the old account. Found it. lol Yes my 85ish Pally is there on VOX. I should be all set now. I hope. I am old but can still take out Fippy! lol :)
  10. OmegaWoolf New Member

How do I find my old sony account? I've been gone a few years nothing looks right I'm completely lost.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Sarkaukar posted the "recover your old account" link a few posts up - click on that and follow thru. And yes things have changed so nothing will look the same.
  12. JPearcy83 New Member

You may want to consider copying either your heroic or your paladin over to test server and giving things a shot there. We have an absolutely wonderful community of people, and with increased xp gain it’s possible to get a brand new character up to level 100+ let alone 85 within a day or two depending on your time.

The server population is slightly lower but still very healthy, which can be good or bad depending on your views. If you happen to be like me, which it sounds like you might be, then you enjoy doing a lot of older content solo or with a merc or one person just for the experience and achievements.

Regardless of your play style, if you feel like giving test a shot look up Croakes and I will help you get your footing in this game again. Good luck wherever you end up and enjoy your time in Norrath!