Old Character Models

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Grasamo, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Grasamo Journeyman

I tried searching the forums, but I did not see a post on this. I googled how to change the character models. You have to start the launcher, then log in. Once logged in, there is a gear icon. For some reason, it disappears for me, so I have to click really fast to even get it to open. The the option to click on Game Configuration does not work. So is it just not allowed to use the old models any longer? I love the old troll and ogre models. I can't play a troll using the new ones.... I just can't stand the look, but I wanted to play a troll beastlord.
  2. Eniner Augur

It works. Try validating your files see if something may be missing for some odd reason. I just open it today.
  3. Grasamo Journeyman

Just did a fresh install, so I'm a bit dubious that it's missing/corrupted files, but it's a bit difficult to do what you suggest when the gear icon disappears after I log in. I believe that's how you do a file validation? I can't see any other option. This is strange.
  4. Grasamo Journeyman

I found what was making the gear disappear. Stupid IOBit Malware Fighter anti-ransomware option. I disabled it, and I was able to do everything.
  5. Eniner Augur

Yea that IOBit has been getting some bad stuff with everquest past few weeks.
  6. Torkaz New Member

Go to your EQ directory (e.g. D:/Sony/EverQuest).

Find the file:
    OptionsEditor.exe

Run it.

Select the old world models you want.

Fin.
  7. kizant Augur

The term isn't "old" models. They're known as the "correct" models or "best" or "proper".
    dirgenoobforreal likes this.
  8. noclue Elder

I've always used pre-Luclin models.
    I've used Launchpad "Advanced Tools" then "Model Selection" to change from the default Luclin models back to older ones.
    This method still works far as I know.
  9. Torkaz New Member

That's the one he's having issues with. If you just start the file directly, it removes the problem he's having.