Not A Bug Oil of a Frog

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Dyna, Apr 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Wouldn't it have been simpler to make the Glaze Mortar a Tradeskill container, most assume that anyway.
  2. Pawtato Augur

This post represents the history of EQ franchise. Nobody, made you pick this issue to work on or make it more complicated than needed. All you had to do was add a single tradeskill flag to the item, but no you had to get vindictive.

Very disappointing Ngreth, but this is par for the course for this franchise.
    Velisaris_MS and Yinla like this.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

I didn't want to be the one to say it, but yeah...the changes that were made on Test (and soon on Live) felt more like they were made simply out of spite than actually fixing anything.

The original sin in all of this was putting a non-tradeskill container for tradeskill combines in the game. There was zero reason to require this combine to use a different container. As far as I can see (I may be wrong) all of the various glazes are used in pottery recipes. All they had to do was make the combines be kiln only combines that uses the pottery skill...putting another container into the game only for glazes was a needless addition.

I guess the argument could be made for "muh roleplay immersion!", but...really?
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Could really do with a vendor tag put on all items which have no use. Never used to be needed when items were flagged quest or tradeskill now we have more items which have a use but no flag it is needed more. Either that of flag non tradeskill items with a different tag that have a use.
    Dyna likes this.
  5. Zinth Augur

yeah and the closest would be pottery (which all can use) and not poisonmaking (rogue only) if you ask me... gotta love EQ demanding to be inconsistent just because...

and now they remove it on a lot of other glaze stuff on the next patch too I see... typical EQ way of doing things
  6. Dyna Elder

I am so sorry everyone for making this worse by asking about the missing tradeskill tag for the oil of frog.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Zinth Augur

not your fault the devs flew out of the coocoo's nest...
    Dyna likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.