Oh BOY!! Decreased Lockout Timers!!!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zoso, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Geroblue Augur

I complain because the thing being given us doesn't help me. If it did help me, I would praise the thing being given us.
  2. Wuddane Elder

This statement is the reason I have lost so much of my patience with humanity over the years.
  3. Bahdah Augur

/wave
  4. Act of Valor The Newest Member

What an embarrassing thing to say.
  5. Vdidar Augur

When will there be a bonus that has customer service actually doing customer service things instead of the Woebot response of “yep you are screwed”?
  6. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Can someone confirm that Gribbles heroic adventures missions are affected by this?
  7. Zamiam Augur

they are not .. iirc they were reduced to 3hour lockout awhile ago and they still are 3 hour lockouts not 1.5..
  8. Geroblue Augur

I'm not embarssed by pointing out the 'bonus' doesn't help me. I am providing customer feedback as to the utility of the bonus for my gaming experience.

Bonus XP helps me, not lockout timers.
  9. Geroblue Augur

Good, that will help me. Thanks for the information.
  10. Geroblue Augur

If someone smashed my foot with a hammer, I would also say that didn't help me. I'm over 70 years of age, I don't have time for bonuses that don't help me.
  11. Bamboompow Augur

Hey Geroblue. There is no comparison here. If someone purposely smashed my foot with a hammer...I might complain about that. Maybe even to the police. If someone gave me a free...whatever...or some kind of bonus...even if its only marginally useful..you say THANK YOU. Get what you want out of it. If it is not as useful as desired than SHUT YOUR FRIGGEN CHEW HOLE. For someone claiming to have reached your age, you managed to acquire very little wisdom along the way. Or perhaps this is just more of what the internet has done to people. Who knows. Anyway...

If you want out of the hole, first you have to put down the shovel.
  12. Sam Hyde "You're" on ignore

Actually you can just fight up to the point where the named or PH spawns, then if needed, drop the mission and re-start it instantly. Completing the mission when you still need the named makes no sense.

You can't reduce a lockout timer if you aren't locked out. Just saying.
    [IMG]
    Pirlo likes this.
  13. Geroblue Augur

I think my feedback to Daybreak that their bonus is of no use to some of the players is helpful to them.

If you like the reduced lockout timers, then good.

But since they are worthless for me, I don't have to like them. And I've been here since 2004. I like playing EQ, and I like bonuses I can use.

And if you think telling me to be silent will work, it wont.
    Pirlo and Barton like this.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Different bonuses are good for the game, some are good for you some are not, some are good for others some are not.

It is because of this that we have 3 different types of bonuses before the next expansion, all will be appreciated by different players, for once there is something for everyone.

Be happy bonus exp is coming shortly. :)

I'm still dreaming of double tradeskill skill up bonus :)
  15. Bamboompow Augur

Fine. That's great. Or finish the mission and get currency and exp. Do what you want other than complain about things that are benign and technically a gift. How many people have gotten a gift for Christmas or whatever that was not exactly what was wanted? Did you tell the gift giver they sucked? How well was that received?

Probably the most intelligent thing mentioned here so far is the comment of having little patience for humanity....
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

To be fair, he was just pointing out that if all you're after is the names, you don't have to rely on the timeout, reduced or not. I found it helpful, as I didn't realize you could skip out after the named popped, and not get the lockout.

He didn't say the reduced lockouts aren't good if you do want to complete the mission.
  17. Geroblue Augur

I am Happy that the bonus xp is coming.
    Yinla likes this.
  18. Barton The Mischievous

1) Be respectful and courteous
    - The purpose of these Forums and other official, Daybreak Games-maintained communication channels is to create a positive and constructive atmosphere for discussion about Daybreak Games Games and topics meaningful to our communities. While we may at times disagree with one another, it is important to maintain an atmosphere of civility and respect so that all voices may be heard. Disagreements with others are acceptable, but must be expressed in a reasonable and polite manner.
    ------------------Keep your name calling and personal attacks to yourself. I for one don't want to read em
  19. Redrum_Redrum Augur

Can we have increased Server Stability spawn rates.
    Thanks
    Geroblue likes this.
  20. Zamiam Augur

bullying is a serous offense :oops: