Ogre Stun Immunity

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gnomie, May 14, 2022.

1. Gnomie Denser than most

I've 1-2 grouped Yeli multiple times, and I will say that we had a MUCH easier time healing the ogre tank than the non-ogre warrior. They get bashed and stunned in melee range right after a summon, and are out of range of cleric heals until that stun goes down (If clerics are hiding from AOE). It can definitely lead to tanks getting murdered if they aren't ogres.

When I was boxing some fights in Ssra temple, I actualy got frustrated with the chain stunning as a halfling warrior, and race changed to ogre for a week or two. It took me from wiping to having an easy fight with almost no damage taken. Take arch lich for example. His ramp damage is insane if a tank just stands there and eats it. I've seen multiple ramp tanks go down due to a tank getting stunned. Ogres completely negate this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They can be stunned, they only have protection from frontal melee damage and there are more things that can stun them then that. And I disagree with giving all the races/classes the same bonuses as that just makes the game more boring.
    code-zero and Skuz like this.
  3. Arclyte Augur

make little vietcong tunnels in dungeons where only halflings / gnomes can crawl through
  4. Gnomie Denser than most

I think the biggest issue is that many races/classes no longer have a bonus at all, while some races retained large bonuses.

I'm all for what some others have suggested, and bringing back some balanced bonuses to the different races.
  5. Zansobar Augur

I think you are downplaying the negatives to playing an evil race, especially a huge size evil race Pre-POP. If Ogres didn't have frontal stun immunity or Iksar didn't have regen, why would they be played at all?
  6. Arclyte Augur

[IMG]
  7. Branntick Augur

Iksar will always be played because it's a gigachad race despite happening to be meta.
    Ponter likes this.
  8. Aenoan Augur

Iksar is so chad. I would consider not being a Half Elf
  9. Manafasto Augur

Go gnome or go home but I do like ogres as well.
    Appren likes this.
  10. Pizzanomicon Augur

I mean ultimately everyone is a dark elf, but who am I kidding xD.
  11. SoandsoForumUser Augur

12. The_Grim_Ogre New Member

OP is the reason we can't have nice things. Wahh I don't have stun ability, take it away from those dirty Ogres. Wahhh.

Ogres are KOS about everyplace, and the biggie...we are huge, and need to either hope a shaman will shrink us, or pay 100's of PP for potions. 2 things you don't need to worry about.

Stop crying, you get your stun immunity AA's, and we get to farm Cobalt Bracer.
  13. MMOer Augur

have not read this thread so sorry if already said... but I think frontal stun immunity should be given to shields.

But take that away what do you give Ogres in return? No stun then Troll and Iksar are kings?
  14. Herf Augur

Decades ago an Everquest 2 was announced and it had zero racial abilities; all the races just looked different, but that was all. I had no interest in playing that game.

Original EQ, the game with built in racism :) , constantly leads to funny insults between the races, Trolls baking dwarf and halfling body parts, etc. Solid entertainment :)
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You need to get your eyes tested sir, only humans have no bonuses at all.
    Maybe looking at kneecaps all your life makes you short-sighted as well as narrow-minded?

16. Gnomie Denser than most

[IMG]
  17. The_Grim_Ogre New Member

18. Ponter Elder

This. EQ was never supposed to be perfectly balanced. This was fundamentally meant to be a game where race and class mattered.
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Ponter Elder

Humans were *meant* to have the +5% exp bonus, so it wasn't even planned for them to have no bonus, it was an accident.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I think I just got deja vu