Offline trading semi-rant

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cronar, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Cronar Elder

I know i am late to the party but i have to get this off my chest.

While offline trading in its current form is miles ahead of the previous version, it still pales in comparison to the broker system in eq2.

For those who don't know, in eq2 you could trade on multiple characters at once and still play whatever character you want.
    You place your bags filled with stuff to sell in your broker board and go on your merry way.

Why was this not implemented in eq1?

Granted a lot of people don't own homes in eq1, but a sytem could have been put in place where in the bazaar zone a player interacts with a broker board and loads their stuff up and puts it up for sale.

In its current form, having a character on bazaar duty still ties up an account, making it unplayable.

I suppose this is a coding issue, but i hope that soe hasn't stopped trying to find a better way to make selling easier.

Thanks.
  2. Greymantle Augur

So make a silver account and set up a trader on it.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Cronar Elder

I shouldn't have to create a seperate account for trading.
    It gives SoE a false sense of player numbers and it leads to hassle to transfer all the stuff you want to sell to the mule account.
    Kanuvan likes this.
  4. Silv Augur

You know what was a hassle? Sitting in the East Commons tunnels /auc stuff to sell and only being able to inspect items in a trade window.

Like Grey said- make an account for your trader. It also has the advantage of allowing you to play the "bazaar" game and update prices in realtime whenever someone thinks they can undercut you.
  5. Hatsee Augur

Hardly, being an auctioneer was the best part of that.
  6. Greymantle Augur

Why shouldn't you? There is no law that says they (SOE) ever had to make stuff tradeable/sellable. So you have to do a bit of work to move stuff to a mule. I gather you have not played for long. When the game first launched the only way to move stuff from one toon to another on the same account was with either having a friend hold a bag, or dropping one and praying that nobody took it or you could get back in time before it rotted, to pick it up. They have made MANY accomidations to make it simpler and safer and faster .
  7. Silv Augur

Ha, true. I definitely made a killing selling Stein of Mogguk's back then.
  8. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I am happy with the current system. Do I wish I could just load it up on something like the parcel dude and leave the guy in the baz...sure. But not enough to get all bent out of shape over what is a major upgrade.
  9. McDougal Augur

LOL I remember finding an empty room in Qeynos running my alt there,dropping a bag with the goodies,camping then logging on alt and praying no one was around to take the bag :) . On Veeshan Freeport was the auction spot and I was kos so I had to listen in the sewers :/
  10. 7thNecro Elder

So silver are able to set up trader? For some reason I was thinking they could not, but I'm not claiming to have tried it yet. I understand you would still need RoF on them to use the offline mode, but if I can make a silver for trader, I actually think I will.
  11. Cronar Elder

No, i started eq1 on March 16th 1999. I just haven't posted anything in an age and a half. Btw i dig the new forum set up :)
    I remember well moving two toons to an area to drop stuff for another toon. Always frightened that someone else would come along and take it.

Like i said, what we have now is indeed a million times better than the tunnel and still better than before in the bazaar since you don't have to keep the computer on.

Simply put, if eq2 didn't have the broker system they have had since day one i wouldn't think anything of it, but the fact is that it exists and it is mind boggling why it make it into eq1 when they finally changed the system. I suppose the conspiracy theorist in me believes it is because they saw the delivery option add on as a selling point to make money.
  12. Tegila Augur

no they cant
  13. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I still haven't met anyone who even used the vouchers they gave us in /claim.
  14. Tegila Augur

ive used all of mine on main some on an alt and even got more on tirple weekend bc i had spare sc. that said, i wont buy sc jsut for htem, ill use spare sc or the free monthly if im not near a parcel dude. if you buying something expensive and dont want to blow thousands of plat in delivery its not bad
  15. Xirtket Augur

Using the old commonlands tunnels as an excuse to justify the current bazaar system... Way to go.

The new system could use some work as well, while it is a step in the right direction, I think some more creativity could be put into this system to optimize it, or perhaps even take it in the direction of not having to use a character at all to be used as the trader.
  16. Rasputyn Elder

I'm totally into this, please show me how.
  17. Talif Augur

Devs were asked about this at Fan Faire SOE Live and the reply was along the lines of the usual "not something we're against, but not something we consider a high enough priority to devote the time to-maybe someday".
  18. Shang Augur

P.S. - You can't.