Official New TLP 2021- Mischief

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Barder-mangler, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Barder-mangler Augur

https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-mischief-progression-server-2021
    Hail, Norrathians! Fizzlethorpe Bristlebane has gotten all tangled up in our servers and after all the time it took to get him out he left a gift for everyone. Mischief is our new Time-Locked Progression server and we're launching on May 26! So sharpen your blades and prepare your minds, it's time to enter Norrath anew!
    Mischief will be a new way to experience EverQuest as it grew over time, starting during the earlier eras of the game and adding our own twist (inspired by that deviously, fun-loving God of Tricks). The Mischief Random Loot Progression Server will begin with access to the original zones that were available at launch and will gradually add expansions first Classic will run a month, and then subsequent expansions will be opened in a specified cadence later (check out more info on the cadence below!)
    Need to know what to expect on Mischief?
    Mischief Ruleset -
    Mangler XP Progression
    Agents of Change Enabled
    Pick Zones Enabled
    Truebox Enabled
    Free Trade Enabled
    Random Loot Enabled
    • The Mischief server is a new experimental server that randomizes loot.
    • Rare NPCs will drop loot from other NPCs of a similar level within the same expansion.
    • Raids will drop loot from other raid NPCs of a similar level within the same expansion.
    • We may add other special case randomization.
    • Rare NPCs have a greater chance of spawning
    Unlock Cadence:
    • Expansions:
      • 1 month Classic
      • 2 month Kunark
    • 2/3 month regular release cadence
      • 2 months for no level increase
      • 3 months for level increase
    • Exception: LDoN will only be one month

By playing on Mischief you agree to:
    Absolutely No Automated/Unattended Game-play, any incident of automated gameplay is immediate suspension, second offence is ban including Mischief associated accounts.

To play on the Mischief server when it launches, all you'll need is an All Access Membership. You can discover all of the perks of being an All Access Member and sign up here!
    We're also excited to announce in the May update before we launch Mischief we'll be adding a new feature to EverQuest, Item Comparison!
  2. Ruiner Lorekeeper

Kunark launch please. It's such a waste for those low level kunark dungeons to not be utilized as much as they could.
  3. Barder-mangler Augur

Tbh they could do kunark launch, but its only 1 month in classic, seems super reasonable I think? I actually think they got the timing part down perfect. Super happy with free trade. This server seems like "You asked for this, here you go" to me lol... the name may match the inevitability of this server, but time will tell :p
    Faydra likes this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

only 1 month of classic, pretty close to a kunark start by the time you factor in possible queues / typical launch teething problems

I like that the early expension will be faster on this server though, and reducing LDoN to 1 month is a good choice too, will expose a lot more players to GoD+ content potentially.
    Delphwind and Wyre Wintermute like this.
  5. Sythrak20 Elder

Sounds like a fun server to mess around with but not something I'd invest a whole lot of time in. Random drops off raid targets can be bad enough as is without adding another layer to it.
  6. OliverQ Elder

It's basically a krono farming server.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

welp, if thats true then dpg really do like to try and please everyone

i guess pvp tlp could be back on the table now lol
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It's not.
    Lanffear likes this.
  9. Youdeserve New Member

my body is not ready for this.
  10. Beardsy Elder

Just hear me out real quick... Seriously consider this: 1 month for no lvl cap, 2 month for level cap increase, Selo's exp rate. It'd be so much more fun. 3 month unlocks are way too long and 2 months for GoD/DoN/PoR is absolute hell.

^ This actually sounds like it would be a blast.
    Haldi likes this.
  11. code-zero Augur

So much lack of reading comprehension. So any rare from an expansion can drop any item from any other rare in that expansion of similar level? That's going to make it pretty hard to monopolize any drop anywhere. That's not just in the same zone, those J-Boots could drop from any other level 30~40 rare in any other original zone and it can be traded freely.
    Lanffear likes this.
  12. Haldi Elder

Id keep it as is but add Selos xp will be the best server for alts and people to get a full ammount of playtime
  13. Haldi Elder

exactly, it cuts down the bot armies trying to perma camp certain rares. and with pick zones added it makes it so mucheasier for a group to sit and camp a rare to see what they will get. I for one think it is going to be a blast
    Faydra, Lanffear and code-zero like this.
  14. Thrawnseg Augur

Hopefully quest items stay as quest items. Then stuff like PoS/AC Ring/Keys ect will be on the right mobs.
  15. Haldi Elder

Id like it so that epic items are free trade but still need to do the quest just like on FV some epic items obviously will be no drop/trade
  16. Nolrog Augur

17. Basak Augur

Interesting idea. I may have to try it. Though I think I may see about restricting myself to a character of Bristlebane. So either a follower or a race he created. So pretty much any race Rogue or Bard, Gnome Cleric, or anything Halfling (Druid/Warrior/Cleric) This will be fun to figure out.
  18. Demetri Augur

Can you not spam this 30 different places, no, it's quite the opposite.

Would you pay 10k for a DJ ring that you can get in ANY 40+ camp that you do? Probably not - unless you're quite flush already.
    Lanffear likes this.
  19. Geko Elder

Sounds like a waste of time. Trying to re-live the past. Sorry boys, it will never be as good as you remember. Stick to the normal servers .... oh wait .... yeah .... the live servers are the same thing .... re-living the same expansion 4x. More Velious please! /sarcasm
  20. Lejaun Augur

Now the TLP forums will crash as all of the daily and new "When is the next TLP coming out?" and "This is what the next TLP should be" vanish.