Offer compensation on 10th anniversary Bristlebane's Party Machine Quest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tanacious, May 6, 2020.

1. Tanacious Lorekeeper

Hey there,

Not that it will happen..... But given that the server has crashed yet AGAIN.... it will be now near impossible to complete the 10th anniversary quest involving following around Bristlebane's Party Machine.

My suggestion is to just credit the achievement to all players that presently have or have had the quest active. The reward is an xp potion and some plat, but the achievement is what is more important for completion.

At this present time completing the quest may be difficult to do considering that the Party machine resets it's starting zone to the top of the quest list.

Unless you want players risking their health by staying up for 20 hours straight, crediting the achievement so they don't have to would be a generous gesture.
  2. Thunderkiks Augur

Anniversary goes until the 10th.
  3. Tanacious Lorekeeper

Since you are challenged with time based math like so many others when dealing with this quest, I will help.

3 hours a day x 3.5 remaining days is 10(.5). 6 hours a day x 3.5 days is 21. 7 hours a day x 3.5 days is 24(.5). This is also assuming you have a completely blank or only 1 or 2 done near the middle to bottom so this server downtime right now is beneficial to you for the BPM to start over.

If you were to stay on for 6 hours a day, with a +4 shift for each day, you stand a chance at getting it done, thus "near impossible". Not really something I want to do mind you, but thankfully I already have it done, pending we don't receive a 2 day rollback.

You can only update the quest once per hour at the fastest because the BPM stays in the zone for the entire hour. It also goes down the quest list, on the /up time hour, so if you already have that one, or the server crashed and it started over, it can throw your completion off.

Pretty crappy if you are 1 or 2 away and they are at the bottom, after you have spent days chasing this thing around, and then the server crashes, moving the BPM all the way back up to the top.

Thus the askance for achievement compensation, because it is not feasible to complete this server /up time oriented event due to unforeseen server downtime, twice within the last week or so.
  4. Thunderkiks Augur

Oh I'm well aware of the task and have completed it on over 30 characters. I have been the crazy type to stay up the whole 20 hours also to finish lol.

I wasnt trying to be rude, just pointing out it runs until the 10th in case you didnt know.
    Nolrog likes this.
  5. Old&Slow Journeyman

Have only done it twice (finished both about 3 days ago), I would think the server crash would help finish not hinder. BPM would be easy to find if you log within 20 hours of server "/up" time. No formula necessary.
    And, knowing right where he is and catch him at tail end of his show, you could get 6 updates in a 5H-5h15M period. Actually, that is how I was able to finish, the last crash/update before this one helped me find and finish this and the 10th Anniversary quest.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  6. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Honest question...why is this quest worth doing and worth doing on 30 characters?
  7. Thunderkiks Augur

For me its completion. They do offer an XP option and when you do all the tasks you get a mount as well. Plus that diety fireworks.
    My list of important anniversary tasks is 6,9,10,12,13,15,16,18 charm only,19 and now 21.
    I will get 14th augs too if the characters are new for a quick good aug until I can camp them better.
    Deux likes this.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This quest went active this year last month on April 12th. That gives us 30 days to get one zone a day. There are 20 updates. So yes it is close but you can also park your character overnight in a safe spot where he is due to path and get the update that way.

I forgot about this quest this year and didn't get started till the end of April and was able to complete it last week. Yes, the server crashes helped speed things up and made this very easy to complete this year. I didn't have to camp over night. You don't have to stay logged in the whole time or if you do then go do something else in life and come back and run to the zone he is due to pop into.

And wow, was I glad I remembered that other quest that is also dependent on getting the party machine to update too.

edit You want them to just give the completion to everyone who has started it cause the reward is "just" an xp potion and some plat-----yeah, you forget about that free mount? They don't give those away.