Off topic HULU

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Sorry off topic,
    https://www.hulu.com/welcome

I had to tell ya.

So when they do lifetime sub for EQ let me know ;P
  2. Khat_Nip Meow

key word: ad-supported.
    I imagine it's a great deal for anyone that doesn't mind their shows/movies being interrupted with nonsense.
  3. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I didn't get any interruption during playback of movie.
  4. KrakenReality Augur

Yeah, Hulu sucks. Subscription plus ads, and there’s so many and feels like forever.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

For a typical sitcom/anime or whatever, its like 3 minutes of ads per show. Its not that bad.
  6. Captain Video Augur

You can Hulu for free using Microsoft Bing points.
  7. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Please continue...
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You use Microsoft's Bing for your searches and earn points which you can then use for gift cards etc. You can also use it thru X box.
  9. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Bing? BAH!
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

Wow. They really are desperate for someone, anyone!, to actually use Bing.
    Miss_Jackie and Shanarias like this.
  11. Zynt Augur

Hulu w/ ads is also free if you have a Spotify paid subscription.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Hulu pretty much sucks, they can't even properly determine when you have watched an episode of a show. It gets really old to finish watching an episode of a series and wanting to move on to the next one only to find you are sent back to the one you just watch most of the way through because hulu decided you didn't finish it even though you just did.
  13. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I don't know what security settings you have going, but HULU remembers what I watch.

For anyone that doesn't like HULU, cool.

But I wanted to pass a good deal at $1.99 a month for 12 months, that's a once in a year deal.

Sorry I even mentioned it.
  14. Bobokin Augur

Hulu has ads, but most of the movies do not.

The Hulu interface is bad though, and streaming lags and often locks up on all of my televisions.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

You misspelled "Amazon Prime Video".
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It has nothing to do with security settings but when you finish watching an episode on the app and you click to watch the next one and it instead starts up the episode you just watched most of the way through there is a problem.
  17. Cicelee Augur

Wife and I have the Hulu without ads. Pay 12 per month. Seems to be just fine for us, no issues.

And the Hulu deal in OP is not that amazing considering the Disney promotion where you get Hulu, Disney plus and ESPN plus for 10 a month. Considering Disney itself is 7 a month and ESPN plus is I think 5-6 a month (which is a complete ripoff since you don't get live ESPN), it really isn't that great a deal. We have Disney plus because it is amazing and would rather pay extra for no ads or commercials on our Hulu, hence why we don't do the bundle.

Now if only ESPN plus actually played live ESPN, then I will sign up for life. I miss my ESPN
  18. Fian Augur

We opted to cancel our Cable TV subscription and went with Hulu Live instead. Cut the bill to about half. So far we are liking it.