Odd issue with Win 10 and EQ UI

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Cicelee, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Cicelee Augur

Running Windows 10 on laptop, if it matters. Log onto EQ, charater enters into world. I am using default EQ UI. I have two hotbars that run along the bottom of the screen. I play in full screen mode.

If I move cursor to bottom to click a hotbutton, EQ minimizes and I get sent to desktop. I click EQ icon on the taskbar, UI comes up again. I click another hotbutton using mouse at bottom, I get kicked to desktop again with EQ minimizes. After this second time, I bring up EQ and can click any hotbuttons at bottom without issue. It is just the first two times I try to click I get sent to desktop.

Thoughts?
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This is Win10 being overzealous. I presume you have "Auto Hide Taskbar" enabled?

- Right-Click Taskbar
    - Click taskbar settings
    - Disable all references to 'Automatically Hide Taskbar'

EQ should function normally when you click at the bottom of the screen.
  3. howtor New Member

All so make sure that you are in fact in full screen mode and not windowed under the display settings of eq.
  4. Neranya Journeyman

I've returned to EQ after a six year hiatus a few days ago, and I noticed the same issue as the OP. I play in Full Screen mode. I assumed that Win10 was somehow 'peeking through' the game and believed I was clicking on the Taskbar. Someone recommended I move the Taskbar to the top of the screen where I never click, which I did last night just prior to logging.

After reading your reply I checked the Taskbar Settings and the two references to 'Automatically Hide Taskbar' and both of them are set to 'Off' (I didn't change them). I moved the Taskbar back to the bottom just in case there was a glitch that caused the settings to change when moving it, but as I anticipated the settings didn't change. I even turned 'Auto Hide' on, and then back off again.

For the time being when I play EQ I'll move the Taskbar to the top. I prefer it to be at the bottom (after years of seeing it there) but it only takes a few seconds to switch it back and forth. It's not a huge deal, but I can see where having EQ minimize in the middle of a fight could be rather distressing. :eek:
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

With EQ in the foreground, press ALT + ENTER. This will toggle between full screen and windowed mode.
  6. Neranya Journeyman

I just logged on to EQ with Taskbar at top of screen. I clicked all over the top of the screen. Nothing happened. I clicked on the bottom (where my hotbars are) and the game minimized once. So who knows what is causing this? But thank you for your information.
  7. Neranya Journeyman

From what I've been experiencing (and the OP mentioned this too) once EQ minimizes two or three times, it stops doing it. Why, I have no idea. So after logging in a character I start clicking around the bottom to get EQ to minimize a few times until it stops. At least that way the game won't minimize later in the middle of a fight (hopefully).