Obvious xp problem take 2

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FaloverC, Feb 10, 2020.

1. FaloverC Journeyman

I previously suggested allowing xp potions to stack with The Lesson of the Devoted veteran AA reward. I could not find that post, so here is an updated version.

I purchased a valentine's day shared potion for my family group last week. We used it on Saturday along with our normal xp burn. I misclicked my Lesson on once character so I decided to see if it would stack with the shared xp potion. I was surprised when it allowed me to activate it, but it did not grant any additional xp. In fact, the xp stayed at the shared potion rate and displayed both icons in my buffs.

I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER POTION UNTIL YOU FIX THIS! I will wager that DBG sells a ton more potions during bonus xp events because THEY STACK! Make Lesson of the Devoted stack with xp potions!
  2. Laronk Augur

I think they want to avoid stacking multiple exp potion buffs
  3. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

No potion fix will fix the XP problem in TOV :D
  4. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

To clear it up, when XP bonus do stack, they are ADDITIVE, not multiplying.

For example, when my 'normal' accounts get 1 aa a kill, my RAF Host gets 2, and my RAF Guest gets 3 when lower level. If I hit Lesson on all those accounts, the normal gets 2, host 3, guest 4; ADDing 100% of the base XP to each, NOT Doubling the whole awards to 2, 4, 6. Same with Bonus XP time.

My point being that allowing lesson and potions to stack wouldn't be *too* overpowered, you would get the same total XP when grinding for an hour with +200% for a half hour vs. +100% for the full hour; not some crazy 20x XP for stacking potions/lesson/RAF/Bonus weekend/ENC aura.