Obligatory RoI You Know What Thread

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xnao, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You should also add that we didn't see every event on Beta either, and saw none of the Xorbb ones.
  2. Iila Augur

I severely doubt Xorbb1 had a real tuning pass. It went live with a super easy to trigger zone crash bug that could only have been avoided with keeping JT buff on the raid. The whole event lacks mechanic information bits that show up in every other raid in RoF. And it has far more BS than any other RoF raid.

Xorbb3 is a good endcap raid. It makes sense, isn't hard for BS reasons and feels epic.

With the exception of Xorbb1 and Treezone, I'd say almost all the other raids in RoF are pretty well done and fit with their progression placement.

Evantil: Wth? Boring trash and mini-boss clear? It was a waste of time in CoB and is still the same here.
  3. Mellifleur Augur

Then they allowed top guilds input on the tuning.
    No RoI hate here. Grats, But now your bored for the next 11 months and that just sucks.
  4. Hatsee Augur

Assuming that the next expansion comes out in around October, this is the exact same as last year.
  5. Zahrym Augur

This is my exact point, it's a fundamental flaw I just didn't want to place blame. The encounter gives you no intellectual counters to use logic and progress & refine a real strategy etc.

Vulak and Xorbb 3 are the exact opposite and were well done. Xorbb 2 just kinda felt like 'oh you beat one, here's a chest' but it was decently done.

To elaborate what is a good encounter? This is a relative term based on the player or guilds perception of the event. Some guilds win with DPS, some with 15 healers, some with a solid tank core.
    However the one thing that should remain constant in all raid encounters is the ability to be rational and use logic to constantly refine and improve on your strategy and abilities until you win. In order to be able to apply logic and reason you need certain criteria's to be met. Xorbb 1 had none of them. I'm not saying it was over tuned or the damage was too much, we beat it with an average level well below what was intended. I just mean it had FUNDAMENTAL raid design issues.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

Grats on the win. All events seemed far more polished than last year. But... there is less content this year.
    That said I like most of the content I've seen (and I tested xorbb 3, interesting event)
  7. Starla Elder

Grats!
    They need to make a event just for RoI that takes them at least a month or more to chew on and one that everyone else would complain is horribly too hard, impossible to beat and needs to be tuned down..../teasing...sort of :p lol
    Wasn't that sleeper way back in the day?
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I would say the fundamental change in the game that took place from SoF onward had far more to do with it. Continuously obsoleting old raid content requires that the raids be beaten much sooner to be useful, therefore requiring them to be "easier," otherwise by the time the raids would be beaten, the rewards would be useless and no one would do them. In short, they want *everyone* in the *current* expansion, and that means lowering the bar so that an acceptable number of guilds beat said expansion.

Not only that, but I have continually seen the opposite: "top" guilds want the raids to be made harder, it is the devs and (most) lower guilds that want them easier. I have literally heard these exact words being said in reference to the difficulty of raids vs the top guilds' ability to beat them, "They aren't designed for you." That pretty much says it all. What response is there to that? Move to another game that does design raids for hardcore gamers? No other game I know of comes close to EQ-style raiding, much less anything more difficult.

There is more I could say about it, but I have already replied more to a post that seems like it was designed to generate drama than I should have.
  9. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Would have been nice to come out with a couple of hard mode versions that didn't just drop the number of raiders allowed.
  10. Mellifleur Augur

You look to much into things. You guys said you was bored all year, I merely pointed out the obvious...

No Drama and you "hinting" at it is what's causing it.
  11. Mellifleur Augur

Last year expac came out earlier so took a bit to win.

This year... 2 weeks, but less content...
  12. Starla Elder

I am with ya Tarvas in that I wish they had some events with hard mode versions so that maybe the top guilds would not be done in two weeks. I know being in a mid-tier guild I might not see it all until much later but I am okay with that. Though I like to see/hear the top guilds are having a challenge that gives them a run for the money so to speak. They might like a challenge that makes them want to pull out their hair for months and months? :D I like to see everyone have fun in EQ. :)

btw...I see no drama in the posts but maybe I missed something? And I am hinting at nothing, I am leaving no Innuendos.
  13. Trajet D'Or Augur

Well if boredom = doing events you have already beaten or that pose no challenge.

HoT beaten Dec 16th, 2010 to VoA T3 Dec 15th, 2011 - 363 days of boredom
    VoA T3 beaten Dec 16th, 2011 to VoA T4 Jan 4th, 2012 - 18 days of boredom
    VoA T4 beaten Jan 10th, 2012 to RoF Nov 28th, 2012 - 322 days of boredom
    RoF T2 beaten Dec 4th, 2012 to RoF T3 ???

Maybe off by a day or two if you tried and failed VoA T4 on Jan 3rd or thought all the RoF raids you did on Nov 28th were really easy.
  14. Hatsee Augur

What combination of keys am I hitting that posts something when I'm in the middle of typing?
    shiftie likes this.