Obligatory RoI You Know What Thread

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xnao, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Hatsee Augur

A thread has always been made, it's tradition.
  2. Falos Augur

This is true (and has been for as long as I can remember, at least since underfoot), and i'm sure if the shoe had been on the other foot and another guild like CT or MS, or anyone for that matter finished first ROI people would have made the same post towards whoever won.

That being said, I hate to say it but depending on how tier 3 goes, any guild that beat this expansion in the first week, or first two weeks will be the guilds that suffer the most painful farm duration in yearssss. I don't envy raiders right now lol, either way grats and as others in this thread have said a post like this is pretty standard when an expansion is completed, no matter who the winner ever turns out to be.
  3. Kreacher Augur

4. Imrahil Augur

Congrats RoI, well done everyone!

Now let's hope for new content in May ;)
  5. Retrievil Elder

Grats guys.
  6. Siddar Augur

What was broken that needed hot fixing?
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Event 2 in Xorbb would not spawn if you got a new DZ after beating Event 1.
  8. Siddar Augur

Aw I see.

Gratz RoI
  9. Axxius Augur

The only raid that was beaten by ROI in more than 1 or 2 attempts? Looks like some guild did their job tuning a raid to be actually challenging for its tier instead of just using Beta to gather info like everybody else. ;)

I remember when raids in EQ used to require multiple days (some even weeks) of work from the very top guilds before falling. Beating expansions like GoD, OoW, DoDH, TBS, SoF was much more satisfying back then, wasn't it?

Grats ROI! :cool:
  10. Candydare Elder

Yes, we were happy to see some raids were challenging because it will make farm mode less boring.

We are very proud of our serverwide win even if it took less time than VoA!:)
  11. Hatsee Augur

Xorbb himself took a bit, it's an interesting event.

Xorbb 1 though was not tuned, or so poorly tuned it's hard to guess how it could happen.
  12. Noobieguy Augur

Xorbb was "tuned", though not sure what changed afterwards.. Have 1 more raid before we get to it in live (hopefully this weekend). Was tuned as the end zone of the expansion.
  13. Qwestwic Augur

Xorbb 3 is properly tuned, and has a really nice feel when you beat it. Whoever tested Xorbb 1 probably just started playing Everquest over the summer.
  14. Xnao Augur

I wish I could snap my fingers and say "Oh not he didn't."
  15. Noobieguy Augur

Lemme guess, you guys tuned Xorbb 3 :rolleyes:
  16. Luft Elder

17. Zahrym Augur

Expansion was decent actually, better then I was expecting especially from events like Xorbb 3 that had a true 'end of a tier' feel to them, and were very fun and rewarding. After such a short beta I was surprised by the polish on some of the raids, but saw it fall incredibly short on others.

But this is what happens without keys, it's a sprint to the end.

Also Xorbb 1 was either intentionally terribly designed or had terrible testers.
  18. Atvar Augur

Still waiting to see Xorbb 1 at max level and all my spells and a few pieces of RoF gear....
  19. Stubar Augur

Xorbb 1 may or may not be tuned correctly, who knows. The issue is there are no real apparent clues to let you know if you're doing something wrong or right.

Couldn't agree more about Xorbb 3, that event was tuned very well indeed.
    Shards definitely the most fun raid so far, followed closely by Vulak IMO.
  20. Qwestwic Augur

The only zone we tuned with a developer was Kael. Every other event that we saw on beta was on our own accord.