Oath of Marr

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Uuvin, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Axxius Augur

Spell damage matters even less.
    Or play other games between EQ raid days. ;)
    Iila likes this.
  2. Reval Augur

I like to give plat to the poor. It makes me have the highest purity.
    Mintalie and NotSilv like this.
  3. Kiillz Augur

i do it for glyph xp along the way and well Repthor and Weetea like them!(if they drop)
  4. Iila Augur

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.
    [IMG]
  5. gnomeboss Augur

/stab
  6. Uuvin Augur

1289 + 354 = 1633 kills now. no oath. So far out of all the replies, no one has posted they have seen one drop in the past 2 months.
  7. Mayfaire Augur

That's not a very good indicator of anything, though, that people here haven't mentioned anything. Only a very small percentage of players actually read/post in these forums.

I saw one listed in the bazaar for sale the other day, so it must have dropped for someone.
  8. Kiillz Augur

its been bout 2 months since my last one, and if bazaar is any indicator of drops, was a time you would see a FEW oaths for sale at anytime along with the purity of chastity, and I have HARDLY seen any oaths for sale of late in the bazaar.
  9. Axxius Augur

That's probably because nobody farms them anymore.

And did you forget about the 2 drops that you've already got? 2 drops in 1633+194 kills sounds normal. I honestly don't remember if my final conclusion back in 2013 was 1/500 or 1/1000. Your numbers look more like it's 1/1000, but it's just moderately bad luck even with 1/500.
  10. Kiillz Augur

its never been remotely good on drop % anyways
  11. Repthor Augur

i have gotten a drop in the last 2 mounths as a matter of fact got obe last week when i was doing hunters in there. so yeah random is indeed random. and it droped off a tenticle thing in the basement
    NotSilv likes this.
  12. Uuvin Augur

update.

1633 +259 = 1894 kills

and one dropped.
    so ok. thank you everyone for allowing me to vent. just seemed crazy excessive to get 2 in the first 386 kills then none for almost 1900 more.
  13. Mayfaire Augur

This sentence perfectly captures the madness of RNG. :D

Speaking of RNG, I was working on Argin Hiz hunters yesterday. I got 3 names to spawn in about an hour and a half. Fourth name sucked (Captain Dayln). 6 hours later, he still refused to spawn, and my eyes were crossed. After the last clear I could take, I settled down in a safe part of the zone and watched track on the druid. First PH spawns. Second PH spawns, and I was hell-b*tch grumpy, so the computer screen gets the finger and a choice word or two. Then.....boom....named appears on third and final spawn.

So, sometimes RNG just means: how much are you physically and mentally willing to take until the game knows it has broken you? :mad:o_O:cool:
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. Silv Augur

In 10 years we're going to find out that EQ was actually some psychology researcher's 25 year study on the limits of human patience and sanity.
  15. Sindaiann Augur

I know of someone who has farmed 7 Purity of Charity from BI in the last 2 weeks. Total number of mobs killed in that time unknown, which is obviously prudent info.

But from what I have saw, BI drop rate is much better than CH.
  16. Repthor Augur

sanity has logn escaped all everquest players long ago. they can quit the research we are all nutz alreaddy
    Silv likes this.
  17. Drakang Augur

One wizard I know kept count. 21,000 mobs to get a full set of 8. So figure anything less than 1 in 3000 is a good drop rate for you.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  18. Axxius Augur

That was probably before the drop rate was increased. It was really low initially, then a few months into RoF it was increased in some patch. I don't think it's quite as low as 1/2500 now.