Oath of Marr

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Uuvin, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Uuvin Augur

3-1/2 months ago, I ran out of things to do. So I decided to go to Chapterhouse to farm these. I got 2 in the first weeks after 194 and 192 kills. the next 2 months, 1,289 kills, have gotten me none. Anyone else try farming these in the past 2 months? what is your drop rate? I have discussed this with 3 other people I have met in chapterhouse in August and none of them have gotten one either.
  2. Shiea Augur

I've been camping and trying to farm those things since RoF went live, and I have yet to see a single one...
    Xeladom likes this.
  3. Axxius Augur

I used to farm those during RoF and tried to calculate the drop rate. IIRC my final assessment was that it's 1/500. What you are seeing is pretty normal. RNG is known to be streaky, so getting 2 drops close together can happen. And then your luck averages out by getting nothing in the next 1,000 kills.

P.S. By the way, the difference between the cheap-as-dirt 25 purity augs and Oath of Marr is... 5 (FIVE) hp/mana. So unless you are a min-maxer or really bored, this is not worth the time investment.
  4. Whulfgar Augur

I've farmed Whulf, an entire set, Veirna an entire set, and two alts .. worth of these Oaths. You just have to give it all.. never stop, an then .. give it mo !

GOONIES NEVER SAY DIE ! ! !
    Axxius likes this.
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I'd be curious how the drop rate compared with the brother island one, too. Anyone hit up there a lot?

At least there you can get shinies, current names with t2 stuff and non glowing spells. Maybe make some cash to buy from the bazaar, at least on Drinal you sometimes see them for 850k-2million plat.
  6. Axxius Augur

Pretty sure the Brother Island drop rate is better. But that might just be my experience. I haven't farmed there as much as CH.
    Sheex likes this.
  7. Uuvin Augur

My problem is I cannot molo the brother island names. I knew I could handle chapterhouse trash - even a couple named in there are doable if I am not unlucky. So Bro is not an option for me. Thanks for replies, I will keep plugging along.
  8. Riou EQResource

Brother one should be a zone wide rare, not named only.
    Silv likes this.
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

You're farming purities but hate on the Alaran tear sir? For shame!
    Gyurika Godofwar, Mintalie and Silv like this.
  10. Random_Enchanter Augur

even with the new powersources? IE geomantic steel stone etc. Because I find that hard to belive
  11. Uuvin Augur

Using Magelo : On my cleric, subbing in a 30 (Oath) for a 25 (tranquility) I gain 25 mana and 17 hp (no ac change) using the healer powersource (ocean). On my rogue I add 2 AC and 49 hp using a steelstone. I agree that is isn't worth 1 mil plat nor a week of farming per oath. But, if you have nothing else to do and still want to play, it gives you at least a little incentive.
  12. Brudal Augur

5% for the steelstone would be 40 hit points; combine would be 15hp and 25mana per slot. Great for Magelo padding.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  13. Whulfgar Augur

Or .. for those of us, who like to min max every possible avenue of play !
    /nod.
    Mintalie likes this.
  14. Kiillz Augur

they are good to do cuz a lot of tribute to be gained along the way, good way to make up raid level/ glyph xp back, 20 slot bags drop, and glowing motes ( least on Povar) sell for bout 40k a pop, oh plus a good caster/shaman aug in there for alts. THAT being said, after farming a set for Kiillz, and one that I got for Repthor bout a month ago? yea been bout 1500 kills and counting now and not a drop.

BTW its a random trash drop on oaths, ive never seen one drop yet even on my set from a named. I got lucky on Brother couple times but I think CH at the TIME when farming my set was much better rate then Brother, with this current drop rate now I m not so sure now.
  15. Brudal Augur

I will look into getting 5 more accounts going so I can get better.
  16. Whulfgar Augur

You may try ..

But I doubt it ..
  17. Axxius Augur

Oaths (and Xorbb powersources) were selling like hot cakes at the time. And Kronos were much cheaper than they are today. ;)

Alaran Tear can't be sold. It's your personal OCD certificate.
    Mintalie likes this.
  18. Axxius Augur

Oh yeah, that was before TDS. Let's check what it is now...

Priceless Diamond of Ethernere is 30 purity that can be easily removed for this purpose. Replacing it in my shoes with a 25 purity aug to see the difference. I am using Combine Power Shard.

With 30 purity: 4929 mana.
    With 25 putiry: 4904 mana.

Ok, so that's 25 mana with TDS power source. Or 200 mana total from 8 armor pieces. Still only matters for min-maxing and magelo padding.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  19. Random_Enchanter Augur

Spell damage difference? i agree its min/maxing but what else are you going to do? go on ragefire or lockjaw and kill sky trash on island one and get banned for three days? or farm for the tear? or this?
  20. Iila Augur

I was selling oaths for 600k while kronos were 200k

Screw magelo rankings, I'd sell the 5 purity difference from my base stats for 3 kronos all day long.

Until that day comes, I'll have to stick with not updating my magelo to piss off ebonylight.