Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Obliteration Elder

Completely agreed, this is EverQuest and WoW is somewhere else.

People who want either system can choose to play whichever they want, this will be a traditional EverQuest tlp, the same game that has kept people here for over 20+ years
  2. Cicelee Augur

Am I the only one who finds it slightly funny that feedback (1700 posts and counting) is being given on something that has not been implemented in game and all of us are merely speculating with our feedback?

Maybe we should see how it actually operates first before giving feedback? I don't know what else can be said that hasn't been said in 1700 posts already...
    Ruhi, Zrender and Servers_are_Down like this.
  3. Servers_are_Down Error 404: Server status not found.

YUP. Sometimes Karens and Kevins just need to feel heard, even if it means absolutely nothing since there hasn't been anything implemented/updated since the initial announcement. x)
  4. Midorikumo New Member

Encounter locking has been in almost every MMO I've played in the past 10 years. I consider it a very favorable feature. Don't forget how wizards KS'd after a mob was down 30 or 40% in the original game. Heck, one did it to me on a free server just yesterday. Very irritating.
    Zrender likes this.
  5. 7arami Irritably sharp-tongued.

Locking up encounters? BOR-ING! Let's spice things up and have some REAL competition! Who needs to resort to dirty tactics such when we can show off our SKILLS and prove who's the real boss? Let's see who can KILL that mob the FASTEST and leave those KS-ers in the dust! Now THAT'S what I call an Everquest TLP Server!
  6. 7arami Irritably sharp-tongued.

"Feedback, feedback, feedback! Why wait until something is already in the game and ruining everyone's fun to start giving feedback? We need to be proactive and make our voices heard before it's too late! And who cares if it's all speculation? It's better to be prepared and have our opinions heard than to be caught off guard and wishing we had spoken up earlier. So keep the feedback coming, folks!"
  7. 7arami Irritably sharp-tongued.

Locked encounters are designed to prevent players from interfering with each other's hunting, so unfortunately for your box shaman, throwing out random non-damaging slows and debuffs will no longer be possible.
  8. Tucoh Augur

Sadly there is a narrow window of opportunity to provide meaningful feedback. That window closes long before players can actually experience the changes.
    ForumBoss and 7arami like this.
  9. 7arami Irritably sharp-tongued.

As they say, the early bird gets the worm. Or in this case, the early feedback gets the fix!
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Just because Evequest did something back in the day doesn't mean that it was the correct thing to do and should never be changed. Games have evolved a lot from back then when time sinks were considered difficulty.
    Zrender and Rijacki like this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You can also wait until they provide an update with more information instead of just going the doom and gloom route.
    Zrender likes this.
  12. 7arami Irritably sharp-tongued.

Listen, sweetheart, waiting around for updates is for amateurs. If we want to get things done, we need to start making noise and shaking things up! And don't you dare call me doom and gloom, I'm just being realistic. Now, let's get to work and start making some noise!
    Hdizzle likes this.
  13. wade_watts Augur

Typically companies test new game mechanics in test environments instead of rolling them immediately into production and calling it a fun new adventure. People seem to be questioning two things primarily. 1) why this ruleset out of everything else - a generally bland server with some new aggro/engagement mechanism. 2) testing a fundamental mechanic change likely intended to be brought to broader EQ on a TLP as if it was a test environment. This doesn't seem to add to the nature of the TLP, it's just using this launch as a convenient test bed.

These both seem like perfectly valid things to complain about. The company has a history of announcing something fairly late, not fully thinking things through, and then having to change-course when it becomes clear that they are quite distant from what the players actually want. Seemingly the only way to get the attention of DPG at this point is to wave hands very loudly in the forums and hope that enough people are doing the exact same thing thus causing them to contemplate their choices. If there was better or more consistent community engagement I would agree that this is all likely unnecessary.
    Thatoneguy666 and ForumBoss like this.
  14. Installing Updates Lorekeeper

Well the main Oakwynd complaint thread is currently 86 pages long, so it's tough to read all that. The new TLP certainly sounds like a disappointment, though.
    Lynada and Schwifty like this.
  15. Hdizzle Augur

I feel bad for 'em. They probably thought everyone would love Wow Combat.
  16. Arclyte Augur

17. 7arami Irritably sharp-tongued.

Absolutely! They were probably like, "wow, everyone loves WoW, so why not add their combat to EQ?" But hey, it's all about trial and error, and at least they're trying something new.
  18. Soldrin New Member

I don't understand how this concept is hard for them.

Start with the easiest fix. Add free trade/random loot. Launch server. Take feedback on FTE post launch. Adjust or remove as necessary.

Bonus: Would advise you front-end those bonuses more to make them more prevalent and beneficial to the player base earlier on in the unlock schedule.
  19. brickz Augur

Wow hasn't had a "first to engage" tagging rule in over 6 years now because it sucked even over there. It's all personal loot with no tag restrictions now
    7arami likes this.
  20. Soldrin New Member

I don't think $20 would be necessary as most would sign up if they discounted it for all access members. I wouldn't even need to be hard to achieve 100 levels every season as most games make it fairly easy. Just an added draw for players.