O Hadal, where art thou?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Uxtalzon, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Uxtalzon Augur

I... am a fishmaaan of constant sorroooow... *ahem*

Anyway, 100 Alaran here, 100 in every other language, and these Hadal fishdudes are emoting and speaking in garbled junk still. They obviously have their own language, and since devs are too cool to make VoA mobs NOT emote in their own language (as were Alaran NPCs, etc.), I can't read what they say no matter how often it's spammed.

Just wondering if there ever will be a language of theirs that's learnable, or if their gobbledygook fishman speak supposed to remain unreadable and mysterious?
  2. Falos Augur

It's already learnable, there is a task in rubak oseka (i think it may be a shared task that starts in sarith) it requires you to loot some quest item off a mob in hadal and then click the language stones around the central ramp fo rubak oseka, there are 4 or 5 stones, upon clicking the final one (with the quest active) you obtain 100 in the hadal language.
  3. Uxtalzon Augur

Nobody told me that, I can't wait to do that task then. Thank you so much!

Can't wait to go to newbie zones, buff newbs, and when they say thanks, I'll respond in gibberish Hadal.
  4. Talif Augur

Always wondered how I got that 100 in Haldal...
  5. Illusionist_Innania Augur

It's fun because you can't teach anyone, so if people haven't done the task (and specifically been the person deciphering the murals), they wont understand :p
  6. Filatal Augur

It's the first partisan task for Rubak and as Innania said, you have to be the one doing the deciphering. You get 25 points for each mural.
  7. Somebody_Somewhere New Member

Rubak #1: Oseka's Knowledge

This is the first task in a series of five; a shared task (1-6 players) that begins with a Kedge named Solphius Kelprunner in Sarith, located in the northeastern part of the dock area (-35, -905, 0).

Pre-requisites for requesting the task:
    - No tasks
    - 73 Skill Level in Alaran

You say, 'Hail, Solphius Kelprunner'

Solphius Kelprunner says 'The tides of battle turn quickly. The forces of Prexus are winning for now, but we must remain vigilant to keep our edge. In this, I believe you can [help].'

You say, 'How can I help?'

Solphius Kelprunner says 'If you wish to serve Prexus, you must enter the temple of Rubak Oseka and gather information on those that dwell there, so that we may be better [informed] before we launch an offensive against them.'

You have been assigned the task 'Oseka's Knowledge'.

Solphius Kelprunner wants you to investigate some murals in Rubak Oseka.

You will need a scrying device before you can fully understand the murals. Kill Hadal in Rubak Oseka to obtain one.

You say, 'Informed?'

Solphius Kelprunner says 'Religious murals line the walls of the temple interior. Unfortunately we have been unable to decipher them. It is said however that some of the Hadal may hold items that can decipher the murals. Obtain one of these items and decipher some of the murals.'

Kill Hadal in Rubak Oseka to obtain a Hadal Scrying Device 0/1 (Rubak Oseka)

Kill Hadal mobs (the fishman creatures) until one drops a "Hadal Scrying Device". This will open up the next four steps. Whoever loots the item must click on the four murals. These are the painting/picture-looking things you'll see on the center's walls as you make your way down the ramp.

Side Note: Whoever does the mural clicks for this task will be automatically granted a skill of 100 in the Hadal language (25 per click).

Decipher the first mural 0/1 (Rubak Oseka)

Using the Hadal Scrying Device, you are better able to decipher the mural. On Alaris, there was a city dedicated to the sea god, and it too was called Sarith. Sarith means "Unbounded" in the Alaran tongue. It was a huge city, obviously the safest port in the world. When Oseka arrived on Norrath, al did alir best to recreate the city that was dedicated to ali on Alaris. As a mortal, Oseka was a sea-fearing explorer, treasure hunter, and part-time pirate.

Decipher the second mural 0/1 (Rubak Oseka)

Using the Hadal Scrying Device, you are better able to decipher the mural. Oseka has loved the sea ever since al was a child in Sarith, and always had a thirst for adventure and a cunning mind. Al became quite famous for alir exploits, carving out a name for aleself among the Alarans world-wide.

Decipher the third mural 0/1 (Rubak Oseka)

Using the Hadal Scrying Device, you are better able to decipher the mural. As time progressed, Oseka gained a loyal set of followers, the best explorers and most notorious pirates of the surrounding seas. Chased by a few high profile members of authority, al always managed to slip away, quickly cobbling together devious tricks and traps to escape capture. Doing so gained ali the respect of those authorities as well, adding to alir legend.

Decipher the fourth mural 0/1 (Rubak Oseka)

Using the Hadal Scrying Device, you are better able to decipher the mural. Oseka became a god by becoming a famous maritime explorer and a legendary pirate. Though never being one for rules, al did not have a problem with the Triumvirate in most situations, given alir free dominion over the ocean and tides. Alir hometown of Sarith, which al adored despite always being on the move, worshipped al and al rejoiced in it. Al also gained the devout worship of the Hadal, a mysterious underwater race that resided in alir temple of tides called Rubak Oseka. Not that alir free-spirited nature didn't come into conflict with the Triumvirate. And when they did clash, al was never shy about using alir devious mind to find loopholes and rules to bend the Triumvirate's laws.

Return to Solphius Kelprunner in Sarith and speak with him 0/1 (Sarith)

Note: With no lock point, players can be added to this task right up to its completion.

You say, 'Hail, Solphius Kelprunner'

Solphius Kelprunner says, 'So the foolish Hadal and Alarans wish to resurrect their god, Oseka? Even if they did, they are no match for Prexus' forces. I think it's time to use their religious relics against them. Speak to me again if you are interested.'

Reward:
    273 platinum
    Eltarki's Diary - Depths of Thought

Whoever clicks the murals learns the Hadal language. If they click all 4 .. they are 100 at Hadal at the end.
    random_pawn00 likes this.
  8. Axxius Augur

How did you even find this thread, oh master necromancer?
    roguerunner and Ishtass like this.
  9. random_pawn00 Journeyman

He's aliiiive. Anyway, pretty fast task.