nvidia kernel error

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Marbles, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Marbles Elder

i am getting an nvidia kernel stopped working but recovered error every 5-10 min. I have had this computer for over a year and was able to play just fine. I downloaded all the nvidia updates and all the microsoft updates and still no help. It is virtually impossible to play.

Has anyone else had this problem? Where you able to fix it?

thank you
  2. Ruhtra Lorekeeper

I had the exact same issue for the last several years. It seemed to happen a lot more frequently even more so than the 5-10 minutes you saw it. Almost every 15-30 seconds. I had 2 sli Nvidia 275 gtx cards and I thought maybe my power supply wasn't big enough (even though the vendor called me and suggested I bump it up to 1000 watt PS) so I pulled one card out and it still was flaky. I lived with it. and it was a pain. It wasn't until Grelleth's Palace where it was so bad I finally went out and bought a new video card. For the last several years UF was I think the first place I started to see it, every-time a new Nvidia driver (both their own and my card manufacturer) came out I would try it.
    I ended up buying a new Nvidia card and have had no issues. With the old set up (275's) a new game or two would flicker and stop responding once or twice in many hours of play. But it still happened.
    I hate to say it I looked everywhere for solutions and I never found anything.
    Good-luck anyway.