NTTB potential changes?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Daegun, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Dre. Altoholic

This:
    (-----------------clearly defined boundary here----------------------)
    Not this:
  2. Makavien Augur

Exactly And like I said in another post man it is pretty upsetting I know what I read on the preorder page about fixing us and it just hit me that instead of that we have been broken even more so I feel I was falsely advertised to.
  3. Battleaxe Augur

15 years I've invested playing EQ - I in fact want to see the game fixed and I can tell the difference between outside of the EQ culture and within EQ culture.

Some players pine for an asymmetrical "balance" that really only existed from Kunark to GoD. Warriors were on top with tanking. First to do harder group content, more effective vs. nuisance mobs like Drolvarg Ragers and Krigers not only the Primary Tank but the only primary tank. There were two secondary tanks/hybrids that were advantaged vs. weaker mobs and could solo...

...and it ended. SOE said at DoN release that was over.

Fix avoidance. It would be nice but it doesn't change things the next time content is release. Combat self-healing will still have it's advantages and Warriors are not going to have 100% of the time greater survivability than knights. And while struggling for alternatives to the right and obvious fixes, please stop suggesting making our HP container bigger. It doesn't do that much once it's big enough to survive 1 full round. When you see a Warrior lose DI twice in 30 seconds the issue is not an insufficiently high Max HP.

Lemme help.

EQ
    HP regen
    Heal potions
    Warlord's Tenacity
    fairness - not Tank Parity when it means let's have knights share yours' Warriors. Real parity outside of raids.

(------ Line ------)

Buying and selling raid gear.
    Using an exploit to have level 1's trade you exp potions
    DW as a tanking set up

I have a lot of faith in the devs. They are busy as heck for the forseeable future, but I believe when they turn their attention to these matters we won't see ineffective pretzel bending. They've walked along that let's make a dozen Warriors happy path and that particular dozen - not so good at these things apparently.
  4. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Okay, I fail to see why or how you are equating "Dual Wield tanking capability for Warriors" with "Using an Exploit/Bug" of any kind. I guess the idea of DW Tanking is just as offensive to you as cheating?
  5. Dre. Altoholic

So much facepalm. I take it you've never played a healing class. Mobs hit faster than players can cast heals.
  6. Makavien Augur

You know bb I have bought 2 pieces of raid gear ever both of which after I was almost killed in rl and missed 2 months of raiding. I have never even done the lvl 1 exp potion thing I don't even think I have done it for the first time on Finalstand. . And I have never said DW tanking should be all the time just like shield should not be all the time it should be usable in group content that is not hard like sepulcher. And how do you do a personal attack and get away with it ?

And if you don't know how making our hp container would help us or the avoidance would help us go let some mages show you how to tank because the pet will out tank you and survive longer.

My mage pet kills named npc I die to with a single merc while I had 2 or 3 healing me kinda odd huh ?
  7. Brosa Augur

I did not say "unique". Try not to miss quote to fit your agenda. I said "Each class has their own way of survivability" If its not obvious to you the difference between the way a warriors, pallies and sks survive in battle then I have nothing else to say to you. But it is obvious that you do but do not admit the fact that you want to blurr the classes together making them more like each other. More so the warrior like a knight.

Unheard of stamina does not equate to the healing of wounds. It equates to much larger hp pools and endurance regen.

I've always ignored my ability to swarm compared to a knights ability to swarm because I felt it unimportant but this I do know, I was able to swarm a lot better with NTTB. So yes I noticed.
    Healers ninja afking, falling asleep, lagging or LDing does not justify giving warriors the ability to selfheal. Neither does kicking the dirt and saying hey those knights sure get a nifty way of surviving. Can I get some of that?

You are seriously going to fall into his trap on DW is not for tanking ruminate.
  8. Makavien Augur

You actually got me to change which superpowers I would love to have from being able to be invincible and teleport to any planet in the universe to breaking bones with just a thought !
  9. Repthor Augur

well its true that giveing us higher hp whould keep us alive longer. takes longer to beat us to death if u have more hp pretty simple.

but this is not a good idea and isent pratical for a simple reason .. again it whould widely effect raid warriors as well and raid warriors dont need the most love, the group warriors does.

incase you arent aware we are constantly playing leap frog, if we get more hp stuff hits harder to compensate , if we do more dps mobs get more hp.

and if knights start getting one rounded then they will simply get more hp to. so ur not solveing anything

to fix group warriors we have to get somethign that scales DOWN and isent very impactfull to the raid warriors. this is the PRIME reason NTTB was such an awsome ability cuz it SCALED down and dident imact the raiders an awful lot other then the detrimental bug part
  10. Makavien Augur

There is nothing special about a raid warrior right now either especially in cotf tier 1 b we can easily get 1 rounded by 2 bosses so we are pretty much back to being a 3 minute 1 trick pony while knights have 2x back 2 back defensives plus a copy of our furious disc plus they can single pull a mob from 200 feet aaway through the air while we have to chase down everything and get close enough to spit on the npc. Plus all the self healing and most of the discs they use being extendable. We should be awesome Here I will frap a video of how awesome a world of warcraft quest geared protection warrior is and you tell me there is nothing wrong with our class in this game again ? I would do it here to to show the difference but I would be tabbing between 3 screens just to accomplish anything worth doing.
  11. Makavien Augur

And no they actually don't have to raise values of everything when they raise something they could just make it actually fun to do instead. And what I am saying there is not matter how good we are there is always the human error factor within this game to make us fail . So things don't have to plow through people to be hard it is already hard to get 54 people on the same page.
  12. Battleaxe Augur

Lol.

A handful of people agreeing to present a united front and contend a Warrior reasonably "tightens up" and doesn't have time to bleed is reasonable...

but magnificent physiques, hormones, unheard of stamina ought not confer on Warriors higher resting and standing HP regeneration, reaction to wounds like vaso constriction, super human feats like lifting the front of a car so the child can be pulled out, accelerated healing, etc.

I quess professional sports has it all wrong - testosterone, steroids, adrenalin, don't do anything.

Hopefully devs will remember that Stamina IS connected to HP's.

Hopefully devs will remember originally jumping reduced one's Stamina, jump enough and you couldn't jump any more, and there was Stamina twitching - Invigorate. The degree and type of impact "unheard of stamina" is not immutable. It means what developers need it to mean - in this case not just the maximum blood or bodies can hold (HP container size) but how effective we are in managing it's pressure and composition.

Displaying one's war face, mocking the opposition, getting pumped up - physical actions with real world consequences. The mundane can, does, and in EQ should produce some "magical" effects.

We aren't magic practitioners but we absolutely are entitled to impressive outcomes from our physical superiority and training.

"knights have 2x back 2 back defensives plus a copy of our furious disc plus they can single pull a mob from 200 feet aaway through the air while we have to chase down everything and get close enough to spit on the npc. Plus all the self healing and most of the discs they use being extendable."

Self recovery from wounds is not knight only - see Monks, OOC regen, Warlords Tenacity, ...
    Self recovery from wounds IS downward scaling - any old school player that ever wore a Fungi Tunic or popped a healing potion knows this.

Btw, shields are for tanking. When playing the "not in a tank classes characteer" card , keep that in mind.

When some Warriors insist we should be less than knights they really ought not pretend to be surprised if we end up as less than knights.
  13. Damoncord Augur

Does this mean you will quit trying to lock us into S&B 24/7 making us less than knights?
  14. Triconix Augur

This doesn't refute my argument at all, really. You sound very silly when you think you refute something, but in reality you don't. I gave a suggestion on possibly giving you that "self-healing" or way to "refresh that container" of hp by not giving combat healing. Something innate like 10k hp regen would be Warriorly, not knightly. You want active spells to click and mash in order to stay alive. That requires mana, mana requires a caster of some sort, we are not casters.

Because of your lack of a relevant argument, you try to swing the pendulum towards me and try to make it seem like I want a knight's ability? No, sir, that's you and only you. I play my warrior just fine without knight abilities. Take a look in the mirror.

As for fades/FDs, I never asked for that. They were just given to my class when I came back from an extended break. I actually didn't buy them for quite some time as I didnt agree with it, but a max AA warrior is kind of forced to. I try not to use the fade that much, and it's not that good anyways. If you get one proc of Phalanx on a mob and fade, it won't work (and every warrior who has tried knows what I'm talking about). Plus it's a long cooldown and a long caster which any hit disrupts it. Definitely not a good tool to become a puller with.

This is so wrong, it's not even funny. NTTB allowed warriors to vastly cut their damage intake in the group situation. Even as a group geared warrior, taking 20-50% less damage per hit is awesome and allowed for healers to cast maybe just a couple heals per fight. There was no need for self-healing when your healer could keep you up blind-folded. As for raid tanks, it made things extremely easy, but that's just an effect of any implementation. Raid tanks will always see a disproportional benefit to things like this because of their gear. If you implemented self-healing, many raid tanks wouldn't need healers in most group content. What's your point?

Last time I checked, WT does a DoT on yourself directly after giving you 42k hp. How is that a sustainable way of recovery? You lose hp at an accelerated rate with WT on so this logic of yours is backwards to my understanding. You end up losing more HP than it gives you. Did you not know that? You're really stooping to OOC regen to help support your argument? You better go fix those premises.

End of discussion with you.

Reroll a knight, get out of here.
    Aonghas, Damoncord and Dandin like this.
  15. Aonghas Elder

I personally use my fade more as no-drop invis than I do as an actual fade. I find it quite handy used that way, much faster cast than my clicky invis.
  16. Dre. Altoholic

I'd like to propose the name 'Walk it off' for this - which should be a PASSIVE AA.

This is actually getting fixed.
    NTTB is still an awesome ability, probably the best thing we have. If we can't have it in a sustainable duration, we need another ability to fill the gap.
  17. Makavien Augur

If you use flash before they ever hit you , you can get fade off without having it break. The timing is tough though.

The worst is when your in a small dungeon and invis drops and you instantly have npc hitting you (. I died a lot in the revamped Mistmoore while it was out because of this exact reason.
  18. Triconix Augur

For group situations, yes its still good. For raids, not so much. And because it's not sustainable, when I box, I rarely bother with it much. I get maybe 10% of its benefit now because 1) I have to make sure to get good pulls to have the hit counters reach even close to bottom or 2) it's annoying checking if it's up or not when trying to heal/dps on other chars. I can tank just fine without it so now it's used mainly against named mobs.

That's what I use it for now.

As for phalanx, it's about time it gets fixed. And even when you just run around and a mob hits, because phalanx is a defensive proc, it still goes off whether or not you flash. It's kind of silly, but I guess that's why I just keep on running lol.
  19. Makavien Augur

You parry every hit with flash ? I know it works I used it on the Grelleth raid to fade switch tanking and on chelsith.
  20. Triconix Augur

Phalanx lasts longer than flash so if it's already on a mob, you'll still have some aggro upon fade. Phalanx is a 2 tick defensive proc, while flash is only 1 tick. You just won't have all the other aggro you had built up - only the aggro from phalanx, which isn't much. But that's pending on whether or not phalanx is up. Are you looking at all the spells on the NPC at the time of fade?