NTOV Named

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Muji, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Muji Augur

Now that a few guilds seen most every dragon, if you had to rank them from easiest to hardest, how would that list look like? Obviously vulak is last.
  2. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I haven't seen all of them yet but Special K has a spot in my heart.
  3. Trajet D'Or Augur

1. Vulak
    2. Vyemm
    3. Kreizenn
    4. Aaryonar
    The other 9 you should be able to beat if your raid can beat Aary. If your raid can beat Beasts Domain but not Aary (worse turnout than the day you beat Aary or skipping past it) I think you would have a reasonable chance on the other 9.
  4. Hatsee Augur

1. Vyemm
    2. Vulak
    3. Zlexak
    3. Everything else

I'm ranking them in terms of how ignorant they are, difficulty is subjective for each person and nothing about the zone strikes me as hard, just ignorant. Vyemm is going to kill people no matter what. Vulak hits hard enough to one shot defensive tanks and his adds hit as much as a raid boss. Zlexak with his fog of filth is basically a gear check which it should not be but I'm pretty sure it's bugged as you can't dodge the fog of filth thing by losing line of sight, or rather I should say you can't reliably dodge it all the time.

The rest are all pretty simple. Kill crystals, don't step in the pile of poo, say when silenced to get a heal if you wont live through it, etc.
  5. Axxius Augur

1. Vulak
    2. Vyemm
    3. Aaryonar
    4. Zlexak
    5. Cekenar
    6-13. The rest.

Vulak hits the hardest, has the most hp, other mechanics and a couple of really bad design decisions (no reset when adds are up; endless duration aura).

Vyemm and Aaryonar are the other hard hitters.

Zlexak and Cekenar have annoying (and bugged or poorly-designed) spell mechanics.

Everything else is a joke. Kreizenn in top 3? Lol. Just don't stand in the slime.

The easiest ones have to be Koi'Doken, Mirenilla and Sevalak - those can probably be 2-grouped if you don't fall asleep.
  6. Xnao Augur

I would have to agree with hatsee.

Once you figure vulak out, I think that vyemm wipes will be more common. Though, since vulak is T2 and the rest are T1, I do not think I would rank him with the rest.
  7. Axxius Augur

Whoa there... :eek:
    If you can beat Vulak and yet wipe to anything else - you must be doing something wrong. As I understand Hatsee, he means just the ability to kill these dragons without anybody dying. Vyemm makes that really hard even with perfect execution, because of his unavoidable pull where random squishy people can get unlucky with ae rampage. But we aren't talking about actually wiping to him. Whereas wiping to Vulak (or rather, stalling to the point where resetting and trying again is better than continuing the struggle) is a much more real possibility.
  8. Hatsee Augur

That's kind of why I said ignorant, not hard.

I also don't consider a wipe to make an event hard either. Death is such an integral part of this game that to lose to it now and then is expected, but a mob that is just going to murder a bunch of people no matter what you do? That just sucks.
  9. Trajet D'Or Augur

Right, since the guilds having problems with Dragons other than Vyemm probably have boxed healers. Other than Vyemm and Krei you stand your box in one place and spam heals while on Krei this will lead to 85k AEs.

Easy in terms of how few people you could beat the Dragon with then Kreizenn would be lower on the list.
  10. Hatsee Augur

Don't stand in the pit? Or at least I don't believe he spawns slimes out of it.
  11. Xnao Augur

I have only killed vyemm and vulak once each but I feel vyemm is more difficult. Once you figure him out, vulak is lol. With vyemm the RNG plays a huge part.
  12. Siddar Augur

He spawns them at least as far back as the path around the main lava pit. maybe farther but thats only as far as I've seen them personally. There is no real way to fight him out range of blobs.

Keiz difficulty is based on gear amount of boxes and luck.

Focused Fire really should be a emote so person it's cast on can position to not explode the raid.
  13. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

The crystals make it a pain in the for box healers as well.
  14. Talif Augur

Vyemm has never seemed all that hard-there's even a couple spots where you see to avoid a majority of the knockbacks. Zlexak I think the secret is to move before the Eye or Gaze or whatever the name of that one debuff is gets on you-I've always been able to reliably avoid moving up to the next level when I did that.
  15. Hatsee Augur

Vyemm you can avoid things if you want to avoid doing damage as well, healers can avoid it, everyone else can't.

Zlexak the secret should be when you get the gaze you lose line of sight, but sometimes you have the gaze for half a second, sometimes 12 seconds, sometimes you can hide and not get the next level of fog of filth, sometimes you can stay hidden and continually get the next one no matter what. I'm quite sure it's bugged.
  16. Brogett Augur

My gut feeling on Zlexak is that attempting to cure the debuff can cause a disparity between what you see on buff bar and what the game is tracking for you, but I can't really prove it. Certainly when we managed to get peope to stop curing it became easier IMO.

The other thing is the dragon model is quite large, so sometimes it pokes through walls such that hiding doesn't work as expected. It's easier for range dps to manage as they can keep good distance and be very obviously out of los periodically. If you time it you can completely avoid it too, but it's far trickier. Just suck it up and hide on rank 3 IMO. Makes it slow but pretty safe and easy event.
  17. Talif Augur

Yeah, I've noticed the variability in the timer on the gaze effect as well. That's definitely something that could use some improvement. I think Brogett might be right on the curing bit-we've never allowed curing on this event and don't seem to be many of the weird issues others mention.
  18. Muji Augur

Was hoping for more of a discussion on which are easier than others. So far got dagarn dead with 44 and was wondering what others would be easier with 44ish people. Someone mentioned koi mir and sev up above, but not dagarn, would they be considered easier than him?
    Tokal_Battlechaser likes this.
  19. Hatsee Augur

Any but those being discussed I am assuming most people would say are easy.
  20. Talif Augur

This.