NToV HtH

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Muji, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Muji Augur

Can we get a hand to hand weapon added to a dragons loot list? Seems every class can get weapon upgrades except monks. Id suggest adding in a new version of Wurmscale Fistwraps and making those HtH. Make it non lore like conch of the tides from VoA so we can have 2. The old fistwraps dropped off cekenar. The baton of flame is worthless for monks. Even the old one was for other classes. Monks are HtH only now with HH proc tied to it.The only other weapons from old ToV for monks were fist of lightning from eashen of the sky and garns rock of smashing from vulak.
  2. boukk_sebilis Augur

3. Axxius Augur

4. Muji Augur

I already know whats there and isnt there. I was more interested in whats not there. A weapon thats equivalent to VoA T4 or RoF T1, that a monk would want to use.
  5. Tanecho Augur

Not enough room on the loot tables after putting in 5 piercing weapons with backstab mods. If you count Vulak who is on a separate tier, there is then 1 h2h weapon to 6 piercers. There are also a multitude of slashes and blunts, including a 2hb with monks excluded that I saw.
  6. boukk_sebilis Augur

Ntov isn't supposed to replace everything that is in T1 rof or VoA T4, you best bet would be raiding those last 2.
  7. Hatsee Augur

Delete a couple of the knight weapons and a few one handers and add in 1-2 hth weapons.

Kind of silly that I get probably 14 options in that zone and a class like monks would get 1-2, with one of them being useless.
  8. savrin Augur

The itemization is ridiculous in ntov. They have about 10 tank weapons and 6 rogue weapons and tons of 2 hand blunts and all this other stuff but one h2h total.

Baton of flame seems severely overpowered for beastlords. Good delay with one hand blunt damage does not make sense to me. Unless the devs were throwing beasts a bone or completely missed how immensely powerful it is for beast and almost useless for monks.

Sure we lose that one proc gelid claws for not using a h2h but the raw damage does make up for it easily.
  9. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

If we're asking for stuff to be added to NToV, how about a pet focus item? something VoA T3/4 raid level would be fine.
  10. Aggememnon Elder

It is ridiculous that the only mnk/bst weapon is a 1hb, unless you beat the end boss, who only the uberest guilds have beaten. What is the thinking behind that? Also, rarity of wepons, not just in NToV, needs to be looked at. Voa t4 onwards we see very few h2h weapons, and the allegedly 'rare' ROG only weapons dropping like candy. Are you phasing out the monk class? If so let us know so we can reroll or move on...
  11. Retrievil Elder

Tov dragons, apart from V drop the same loot they did when it came out. All they did was copy and paste the names, then update the stats and effects. During Velious no monk would ever use hth unless they were on a cr, and beastlords didn't even exist yet. There is bound to be gaps in the itemization considering how different the game was.
    BlankStare_001 likes this.
  12. Tanecho Augur

Monks have pointed out that a h2h did exist, it's just not in the new zone.

Also, berserkers did not exist then but they certainly appear to be able to equip what drops. It looks like they have 4 weapon options, 5 if you include Vulak. I'm not super informed on their weapon choices, but there is a 30 delay 2 hander amongst them, which I believe is optimal. The baton of flame is parsed and proven to be inferior to both of the monk's VoA T3 weapons.

We aren't asking for the world, just 1 weapon that is on the same level as the multitude that others received. NToV night should not be a sad night, but it is for me. Only 1 thing I want in the zone pre-Vulak, and it's a BP that I'll eventually get through coins. I say that still wearing a lot of VoA T2-T3.
  13. Falos Augur

WTB a pet focus ear in ToV PLOX
  14. Aggememnon Elder

3x ROG only piercers, 5x 2 handers for berserkers, and 1 h2h (off the end boss) for monks. WHY?
  15. boukk_sebilis Augur

They kept the itemisation from the old zone to keep the same feel, it's also why knight tanking weapon have offensive proc instead of the usual useful defensive proc, devs said in beta they re not willing to change it.
    H2H drop in T1 / T2 /voA T4, there is still lot of options.
  16. Trajet D'Or Augur

17. Voth Elder

That link shows 9 guilds finishing Vulak. I'd say that's he's pretty mean by those numbers.

Also, I did an itemization report to Chandrok a while ago. He said no to Wurmscale Fistwraps and changing Baton of Flames to H2H.

Monks are SOL. It's been like that for a long time.
  18. Trajet D'Or Augur

Right, it looked even scarier at 8 guilds and only guilds who have beaten all progression raids. If guilds were steering clear because that list of 8 made him seem really mean you might want to try him out. Zalikor is a good comparison, I'd be surprised if a guild who hasn't beaten Zeixshi downs Vulak.

If you're steering clear of him because of the massive "trash clear" that does reward you with 34 T1 items that still makes sense.
  19. boukk_sebilis Augur

On par? right vulak is the hardest event hands down and by far in rof, have you beaten him? doubt it
    The fact you compare it to zalikor which is one of the easiest T2 raid is plain laughable and show how you talk without actually knowing much as per usual.
    It s not the clear that stops people (takes only 3hours top) it s how hard vulak is.
  20. Muji Augur

Monks did use HtH back in velious. I used and still have my fist of lightning and primal wraps. Never did get garns rock but then luclin came and then we had vius/creator/cursed etc. You must be thinking of kunark where we had dual wus stick or dual fighting batons or tstaffs!
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.