NPCs don't summon pets anymore

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Mukkul, Nov 13, 2022.

1. Mukkul Augur

Pretty much every NPC I've come across that used to have a pet companion no longer does. I've been doing older content lately, not sure if that's a factor. It's been like this for the past year or two.

Like Severilous, for example, used to have a shaman pet. No longer. NPC necro pets, shaman pets, enchanter pets, none to be seen these days. The poor NPCs are all alone.

What's up with that?
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

I've been doing a lot of old hunter achievements lately, and I've noticed that trash/named mobs only summon their pets when you've engaged them.

Maybe they changed it to try and cut down on server lag? Kinda makes no sense to have extra mobs up wandering zones when nobody is ever in those zones.
    Duder likes this.
  3. Mukkul Augur

I'm not seeing those pets before or after engaging the mob. I've been doing some older hunter achievements like you.
  4. Arial New Member

I only have one datapoint currently as I haven't been paying attention to this specifically, but it matches what Velisaris_MS said. I was in the Grounds yesterday and the bixies would summon their pet when I engaged them. I kinda like it this way - easier to initially target/pull stuff from a big group of trash mobs that summon pets.
  5. minimind The Village Idiot

I remember seeing constant/consistent pets being summoned in GoD zones (Aneuk/snakes, Mastruq). Are those affected as well?
  6. Draggoone Journeyman

In this particular case, the bixies are wizards, and are summoning their battle only pets. Like the cleric hammer pets, these can only be cast at a target, and will unsummon themselves relatively quickly after combat ends.

The OP, from what I gather, is talking about more traditional pets that stay up until killed, like mage elementals or necromancer skeletons.
  7. Hegsheoshed Augur