NPC lockouts

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lee81, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Lee81 Augur

Instead of instancing, why don't we just have weekly lockouts for raid bosses and mini-bosses for players who already tagged them? Also, the spawn rates should be hourly. It doesn't have to be 1. It can be every 3 hours. Therefore, there is no incentive for anyone to tag them twice on the same character.
    Dojii likes this.
  2. Porygon Augur

Such a good idea, if only it wasn't already thought of years ago............
  3. Lee81 Augur

It's an alternative to raid instancing.
  4. Porygon Augur

It pretty much would be the same amount of work. With out the same outcome
    lockjaws and Ducreux like this.
  5. Elor Elder

with the armies of alts people have it doesn't really solve the problem. good idea though
  6. Lee81 Augur

What if a useful piece of loot is coded to drop for each player who participated? This is actually a solution that was introduced along with weekly raid lockouts. Therefore, you can invite anyone into the raid, but you can only have loot once per week.
  7. Porygon Augur

Dbg is trying to avoid spending time changing mass things in this game. I don't think you'll see anything like that put in. Though it's not a bad idea.
  8. Vaclav Augur

Sounds like Vanguards method - which was nice they called them "phased spawns" or something similar - but seems like a load of work to incorporate to EQ1.

Was a great system though.
  9. lockjaws Augur

DBG are going for the Least Cost Method -- which currently sits at ignoring the forums and suggestions, and will eventually transition into "change nothing"
  10. Elor Elder

Not sure they ignore the forums. I think it has more to do with the fact that +90% of players never even come here to post.

In game polls are probably better at gaging what players want more so than these forums since it hits you with a pop up at game login.
    Agrippa likes this.
  11. Machen New Member

Let's see, in the last three or four months they have listened to the player base and implemented:

A second server
    login queues
    instances for group content
    instances for some raid content
    Plans for a no bot server
    A dozen other minor fixes and improvements TLP players have requested

All this during their buildup to a new expansion release, the busiest time of the year for the dev team.

Not sure why anyone would say they are ignoring forums and suggestions. It just isn't true. This is more than was done for us after launch in the entire history of Fippy/Vulak in my estimation.
    Agrippa likes this.
  12. Hendar2 Augur

Include Combine/Sleeper in that comparison.

I sure hope we get instancing on Lockjaw once the code becomes avail.
    lockjaws likes this.