Now the AA autogrant is live, what about Rk II & III Spells?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hazimil, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Hazimil Lorekeeper

Now the auto-grant AA facility has gone live, wouldn't it also be useful for the Rank II and III spells, from the old expansions (in-line with the auto-grant AA) to be available to purchase from the Vendors in the PoK library?

Some of us like to complete everything (which I love achievements), and having missing Rank III spells is annoying, as it's not easy to find people willing to do the old raids (as the loot is generally no good).

Just an idea!

Yours
    Haz!
    aka Jonathan
  2. Tarrin Augur

The auto-grant is designed to help people catch up. I don't see this happening because Rk. 2 and Rk. 3 spells aren't needed to catch up.

That being said, I can empathize because I am missing a few that I need to finish off~
    Waring_McMarrin and Sinestra like this.
  3. Tobynn Augur

Auto-grant raid loot? I think not.
    Tornicade_IV likes this.
  4. Numzan Augur

remove no drop items in raid loot.......
  5. Ssixa Augur

I agree, we do not need this, it gives at least a tiny bit of incentive for people to want to do age old content. All those rank 3 spell runes are farmable by a single group (or less) including SoF, SoD, Underfoot, and House of Thule, and you don't need to be exceptionally geared (top group armor should be plenty). That's not to say its all a pushover in raid gear either (some of the events are quite challenging!).

For SoF runes, you can farm Crystallos (all events doable with a single group but you will need someone that can request the instance)
    For SoD runes, you can farm Tower of Discord (all events doable with a single group, anyone can request this instance)
    For Underfoot runes, you can farm specific events like Convorteum #1 (pushover event) Masked Invaders, probably The Unburrowing, possibly Guardians of the Hive.
    For HoT runes, I would recommend the Grounds raid for lower runes, and House of Thule Upper Floors for higher runes.

Happy hunting!
    Treesong and Tornicade_IV like this.
  6. blood & gufts Augur

Why in World should rank 2 + 3 of spells be suddenly sold ?

You can go out and get rank 2 by doing tasks/mobs. Rank 3 is by partisipating in raids, and well, you can do without rank 3 spells.
    Tornicade_IV likes this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

There would be no point in putting all spells upto and including Underfoot in PoK as better rank 1 spells available on vendors already albeit a few levels higher.
    Tornicade_IV likes this.
  8. Edrick Augur

There sure is a whole lot of "I want it, therefore I deserve it" going around these boards lately.
    Melanippe, Orbital101 and Petts like this.
  9. Tornicade_IV Augur

Let me say I was a proponent of Autogrant and I think its beneficial for the game character flagging and alternate ability though are completely separate from spells and gear. Getting rank II and rank one spells are achievements. they can be the reason you want to go into the unlocked zones. you dont have to prep for it by gathering aa and you dont need to quest for the key to enter the zones.. theres a point where you have to draw the line. AA autogrant and giving away spell ranks are two entirely seperate matters and not intertwined or even the same concept.

The idea for getting everyone their spells are indeed the rank 1 versions. nor is acquiring them on the scale of maintiang 4 expansion old aa's that are actual character ability. content isnt tuned to rk 1,2,3 nor is the time spent to acquire them evenr remotely of the same scale.
  10. Hazimil Lorekeeper

As I said:

It started a conversation, which was the point! :)

I just had to do the old raids instead, which should be interesting!

Haz!
  11. Voragath Augur

Lately? It has been going on since EQ created forums.
  12. Orbital101 Augur

You all so easy needy omg... what ever they decide is good for all im good with it but damn its not hard to get at is.

what purpose will those raids have if there is no reason to do them anymore.
  13. Tyranthin Journeyman

Give them an inch...

I wouldn't be opposed to Rank 2 spells (up to 85 only) on the PoK vendors, but Rank 3? Hell no.
  14. wingz-83 Augur

They opened the door with autogrant aa's. It's only natural this would happen.
  15. Langya Augur

It doesn't hurt to actually have the option to go play this game you pay for as opposed to just having it be another welfare state.

Besides, they would not just give something like that away. It would be a new "currency" you can buy with SC or whatever and is redeemable at some special PoK vendor....
  16. junglenights Augur

This idea doesn't work UNLESS it's only LESS than 86 spells and Rank 2 at most. Anything over 85 should start at Rank 1, reflecting the fact you must progress. The whole point of the autogrant was to trim the enormous AA mountain, not to remove it entirely. It's all about balance. You give some and take some. Fundamentally, this is still a progression game.

HOwever, I dont' think Rank 2 spells makes much difference. What're they, 3% better? More than likely they'll just leave it alone, and players will also probably never even try to get the Rank 2 until 85+, since it'd just waste time to do it all.

BUT if they up and decide to add Rank 2 to the POP vendors for less than 86 spells, it's inline with the aa autogranting. For that matter, they may just as well add the epics too, since it's a similar situation; small benefit yet lots of time consumption.

What surprises me is it took them so long to finally trim hte AA mountain. It was pretty clear to me anyway it was a mountain and it was like that for years and years, so why didn't they do something about it sooner, like speed up the curve? I think at some point it'd be so fast the system would start to work against itself and would have to be transformed to a autogranting type. I mentioned about this in my post on the announcement thread for the autogranting, but still they could have done something... I know they made available experience pots in the cash shop, but maybe one of the things that stopped them from acting more swiftly was the plvling swarming mechanism. Maybe at one point they thought the plvling compensated for the mountain. And then at some intersection, they decided the plvling was not advantages and so they nerfed it and added the autogranting.
  17. Karthanon Augur

Like I've already posted in the Newbie Zone, I'd be happy if I could just scribe Rk2 spells, even if their effective usage was still Rk1. Then if I go gold/use a Krono, they can go to Rk2 OR I can buy the SC to make it permanent. Not asking for them to get 'handed' to me - not to get accused of being OCD again! /winks

Then I'm still forced to go kill mobs/get drops or find in bazaar for Rk2, or do the raids to get Rk3.
  18. Nolrog Augur

They addressed this long ago. You can get the rank 1s on a vendor in the library.

If you want the rank 2s or the raid level rank 3s, you can do the camps and raids to get them.
  19. Crystilla Augur

No. Just say no.

There's a reason we still have multiple ranks in game. And as it's stated, rank 1's are already available in one location (up until more recent content). Rank 3's require doing the raids.