Now that we're 64 bit can we pretty please increase the Bazaar plat cap?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Montag, Jun 13, 2023.

1. Montag Augur

We'd really appreciate it!
    Nennius likes this.
  2. Celephane Augur

These things are not related.
    Graag Baash, Tucoh and Yinla like this.
  3. Cloud the Third Augur

They are related they both have numbers.
  4. Act of Valor The Newest Member

not related at all
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They where using 64 bit variables for things such as NPC health long before the switch to 64 bit. The issue with switching currency to a 64 bit variable are not related to switching the client.
  6. Cloud the Third Augur

That and they at least are using 32 bit numbers because a 16 bit will only go to like 65k unsigned and a 32 bit will go to 4 trillion. Does anyone out there know why they limited the amount you can sell an item for in bazaar? It was obviously done on purpose and isn't something restricted by the size that can be stored.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think you need to check the values again.

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/aix/7.2?topic=types-signed-unsigned-integers

They are using signed integer which goes to 2,147,483,647 but that is in copper which means that it is 2,147,483.647 in platinum which is the true limit in the bazzar but they limit it to 2 million.

If they had used an unsigned integer it would just be doubled at 4 million.
  8. Cloud the Third Augur

Where was I wrong I clearly just rounded so 2.147 trillion combined makes unsigned 4.something trillion?

NM I just noticed I said trillion instead of billion =) just missed the billion category hah.
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

Im all for raising the limit. Then we could reduce the /general spam and go back to chatting about politics and basketball.
    :)
  10. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I would rather they just make a whole new auction system that doesn't tie up your account to use, and doesn't have a significant price limit in the first place.

(I would also make it cross-server for servers in the same era/ruleset)
    Silvena, FYAD and Tucoh like this.
  11. Tucoh Augur

+wouldn't make you get your lunch eaten by bots
    Silvena likes this.
  12. Cloud the Third Augur

See they just need to take the number and divide it by 1000 then just make it so there is nothing smaller than plat in the game! Even just removing copper and divide everything by 10 and leaving silver and gold would at least increase the amount to be able to sell krono in bazaar.
  13. kizant Augur

Yeah it could be addressed for a while without any code change. A wealth tax makes sense to me. Just delete 90% of everyone's plat after the first like 10 million.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That would be horrible for the early game and TLP servers who use copper. It will also likely break quests that require copper to be turned in. Not to mention that inflation will still exceed the new cap which would be 20 million and on some servers that wouldn't take long at all.

At best this would be a temporary fix until inflation caused it to hit the new cap and they should be working raising the cap which will be a permanent fix instead of a temporary one.
    Graag Baash likes this.
  15. Montag Augur

Okay, but can we still raise the bazaar plat cap?
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There has been requests for this for years now and it is just waiting for it to get high enough on the priority list for them.
  17. Keenween Elder

No thanks, dont need it the last 24 years. Only Bots and Korno re/seller would benefit from it!

18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And anyone who would like to sell krono or other high value in the bazaar as it is impossible to do on most servers and get a return that is close to the value they go for. There are plenty of items that can't be sold in the bazaar and you don't need to be a bot or reseller to be impacted by the cap.
  19. Montag Augur

Normally you have to go to reddit for this level of genius.
    Svann2 likes this.
  20. Cloud the Third Augur

Well the problem is without being able to sell krono in bazaar the price widely goes up and down depending on the day and time of day. If people could put a bazaar mule up the price would be alot more stable. It would probably cause the krono price to drop imo but could also have the opposite effect on some servers with it going up.