Now that P99 is legal - Everquest Titanium?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FcsevenXIII, Apr 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FcsevenXIII Augur

Can DBG offer a way for the public to download Everquest Titanium? The scalpers on Ebay are asking outrageous prices and I'll never install a torrent on my computer.

$150.00 on ebay right now.
    Stickietoes likes this.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Just because it is legal doesn't mean Daybreak is going to support it. Then again maybe they will sell Titanium for a quick cash grab but not before they make their money off the new progression server.
  3. FcsevenXIII Augur

I'm pretty sure they don't care about P99 competing with the new progression server. The folks who voted for the new monstrosity and the folks who play P99 see classic in completely different ways. From what I've seen the progression servers are for those who like to race through content while those on p99 like a slower pace.

If they want a quick cash grab they could sell a Titanium download link via Station cash.
    Stickietoes likes this.
  4. Ozni Elder

I think it'd be great if they offered it up for $9.89 like Haynar suggested.
  5. Xara_NC New Member

Making some cash out if it is probably the reason behind the "legalisation" anyhow. But if not, well, they should, I'll play both P1999 and the new prog server.
  6. code-zero Augur

If people are already paying $150 for it there's no reason not to sell it for $98.90 :p
  7. Samatman Augur

They could sell a collectors edition box set for whatever $, and people would buy it. Heck I'd buy one just to collect it. Add in some in-game freebies on Live, put in a [Live/Test/P99] toggle on the patcher, and we're all set. Oh, I need a P99 founder's flag, and a Rogean familiar for my house too. You can sell that via SC. Monetization options for DBG here are certainly on their minds.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  8. Xanadas Augur

I have the titanium install CDs. Is it illegal to give them out? I don't see why, if so. Anyone can download the current client for free. Titanium is just an older version of the client. /boggle.
  9. Khat_Nip Meow

You're asking DBG to make available the client needed to play elsewhere? Yeah, I'm sure they'll get right on top of that.
    Silv, Dibab and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  10. BrandeX Journeyman

Everyone who plays there has bought a special 2nd hand Titanium install disc set to get the game running.

Everyone.
    Guaranteed.
    :rolleyes:
    moogs, Silv, Sancus and 1 other person like this.
  11. Brunlin Augur

^ Yep, thats our story and we are sticking to it. o_O
  12. Silv Augur

WTS original copy of EQ Titanium - still in box mint condition - 999999999$! PST.
    Iila likes this.
  13. Fendy Augur

I bought EQ the old fashioned way. One expansion at a time. Still have all of the original discs. Not interested in P99 tho.
  14. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

In the course of several cross-country moves over the years, I have lost the two Titanium boxes I had bought, back when the live game was at that point. I see no need to pay $150 for it again, nor will I install a torrent. I used to occasionally do a torrent download, for table top RPG stuff. All it took was one virus to get past my security, and I lost everything on my PC and had to do a complete wipe to rid myself of it. That is why I don't play P99, not because of some altruistic or nostalgic reason.
  15. moogs Augur

Check the feedback/comments on a torrent before touching it. Download it in a virtual machine, and if it blows up it's not a huge deal.
  16. svann Augur

Whats the purpose of Titanium? Ive still got mine in a box in my closet but I was really just saving it because I never bothered to throw it out.
  17. Silv Augur

P99 requires the EQ client version that is in the clean install from EQ Titanium.

So, in order to play on P99 you have to have access to those files either through the hard copy, a download, or ISO. I'm sure you could make a nice chunk of change selling off copies to people who don't understand how to use the internet safely. :)
  18. Slasher Augur

If DBG is going to advertise P99 as a legal server they need to allow them a legal way to distribute the client to people.
    moogs likes this.
  19. Fendy Augur

I think it was Washington state that legalized the use and ownership of small amounts of marijuana for personal use, but kept the sale and purchase of it illegal. /boggle. This almost sounds like that.
  20. Brogett Augur

I guess it all depends on risk vs reward, cost benefits, etc.

Pros: it's amazingly cheap to implemented (just stick up a file for download; job done.
    You may get some players reminiscing about EQ and making the leap from playing of P99 to trying out EQ-Live again to see how it changed.

Cons: Some people may be more inclined to download it and play P99, quitting live EQ.

Given the amount of illegal file sharing going on already out there and the fact that playing on the server is no longer considered illegal by DGC, I don't see the con as particularly huge. Then again I guess the pros aren't massive either.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.