November Producer's Letter

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Phathom, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

If I am remembering my map right I like to set up on the east side. You should have a catapult to your immediate front right, then the pit. To your immediate front left should be the big rock. Take care of the guys at the catapult and the one wanderer. Then using your SK's snare tag a shocktrooper out of the pit and FD towards the center of the platform before the ledge (leading to the cooks area). Rinse and repeat until the snared trooper is all by himself and then pull him to east wall. May take a minute or 50 but it should be doable. Keep the mercs on passive until ready for them.
  2. pauldbuck Journeyman

Well, completed the first segments with just my box combination and LO! a level 100 who was helping his level 92 guild mate complete the quest series ... i tagged along ... that is they let me pretend to help ... but the level 100 killed so fast that I had hardly time to blink ... anyway, third character qualified for J5 ... 21 to go :)

Maybe there are really people out there who will help ... not been my experience ... so, one in a row ... lets see if it works the next time I have one to qualify ...
  3. Caudyr Augur

Hrm...the first two would be possible...but...do Vah Shir have robe models? I think that'd be the biggest reason they wouldn't be able to get the mage and wizard (and other int caster) classes. The thing about the new class/race additions is that I think they're doing it within the scope of things the races allow, so if a race can't use a specific type of armor/graphic...then it's probably a pretty good guess that they won't be able to be a class that those are designed for. That may also be why Vah Shir haven't been opened up as monks (and clerics? heh), too...as monks can use robes, as well.

I agree that they should roll out the leadership stuff ASAP...but it just may not be possible to do it before then, too. Who knows...except them! :p
    No! Gnome beastlord with ~randomly selected model upon summoning~ clockwork pets!! :p
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. eci2000 Lorekeeper

I posted earlier about a Halfling bard as the personality makes sense. I think if you have a druid or ranger, you should have both. Same with necro and SK, shaman and BL as well as cleric and paladin.

That being said, I would put combos missing into 1) No brainer, 2) Makes sense and 3) Plausible:

1) No brainer:
    a) Half Elf Cleric (should have been there day one). The paladin can start in Felwithe, WFPT and Qeynos. So why not cleric?

b) Froglok should be a BL as they can be a shaman.

2) Makes sense:

a) Froglok can be a wizard and a necro so why not mage and enchanter? LG anyone? Also, I think the monk makes a lot of sense as well. Deity would be interesting.

b) Half-Elf being casters just like humans (all 4)

c) Halfling bard (drinking, fun loving, story tells)

d) Dwarf bard (see Halfling)

e) High Elf warrior (blah but I see not issue with it other than limited deity)

f) Erudite warrior (see High Elf above)

g) Dark Elf berserker (their history supports this...and if they can be rogues and SKs then why not)

3) Plausible (but prefer not)

a) Barbarian bard (jovial somewhat but not like the two shorties above. Story tellers for sure).

b) Dark Elf bard (but if so then Erudite and High Elf too).

c) Iksar rogue (never played them so not sure how their deity handles this)

d) Ogre and Troll necro since they can have SK

e) Human berserker (sort of)

Personally, anything else and we it gets really lame. I don't buy the dark elf ranger as an example. Might as well have Halfling SK and Troll paladin and merge into EQII. Also, I don't believe any race should have all 3 healing classes. 2 of 3 is enough.

I definitely can see the first grouping as well as some in group 2 above. Not sure if any would entice me to start an alt and relive the grind.
  5. Koneko Augur

in all honesty they could make any race/class combo they want just restrict them to only being from cresant reach then it doesn't need to mess to much with the lore as is from what I understand much but I could be wrong
  6. beryon Augur

More Barbarians! Bards make sense, & they should come with bagpipes. Barb bsts can worship Mithaniel Marr, so I think barb pallies would work too.

Do frogloks have a leather graphic already? If not, then it shouldn't be an issue for other races either.
  7. Naugrin Augur

I think iksar should be able to be berzerkers.....iksar berzerker club anyone?
  8. Ringkeeper Journeyman

Bards, Rogues, and Enchanters should be out of the running with Master of Disguise AA (Persistent Illusion). It would be repugnant - other than innate racial ability (Slam) or different name to racial armor. (Though, it would be nice to see a fix to the size change when zoning with illusion).

A new Beastlord race would definitely encourage more play time and provide a new tangible feature with new pet model. Since the game is keen on extra-dimensional elements in the storyline, some "Fear Shard/Ethernere Energy" or "Strange Visitor (Ethernaut)" falling upon Rivervale or Guk that reveals Beastlord knowledge (ala Planet of the Apes) and draws Animal spirits (prospective mosquito, bixie, clockwork warders).
  9. Thiefboy777 New Member

How about a Dwarven Magician...

Can only summon earth pets

Instead of direct damage spells, he uses powerful summoned throwing axes (fire damage) and warhammers (physical damage).
  10. Koneko Augur

well this may get me some people who dislike the idea but hey why not make everyone just able to be anything class race wise with a catch it costs to unlock it on the account current class/race combos stay the same free ones we know and love and the same for the froglok/monk and winner of the vote but want to be a gnome monk drop down 1500 sc on the account to unlock it that's in part due to the fact that it would take time to make the new armors for cultural combines and other things heck maybe 2500 sc if it takes to much effort whatever it would be needed sc-wise price to be effective for the time needed but then boom everyone can be happy (well other then the people who will be upset about things no matter what)
  11. Phrett Augur

I always wondered why Iksar wasn't an option for berserkers. They are a fairly large race and after all, many of the key points in the berserker epic take place in Kunark.
  12. Caudyr Augur

Yes, if you have a druid or ranger, you should have both. The same is true for Necros, SKs and Paladins. SKs are essentially 'fallen' paladins. Could have any race that can be SKs be paladins under the pretense that they are 'redeemed' SKs back on the path of 'good' or something.

1a. Yeah. Sure. Why not? :p
    1b. Absolutely. Especially since they're getting the other end of the beastlord hybrid already, monks.

2a. Sure. Makes sense and I'm a bit surprised they didn't have this in from the outset, myself...especially once they put the guktan necromancers in.
    2b. The problem with this is...half elves don't have robe models, do they? I think that's one of the limiting factors on new race/class combos...is that for new int caster classes only races that already have robe models can get them, I think. (at least for now, heh)
    2c. This should be under 'no brainer', imo. :p
    2d. Not a no brainer, but I could see it.
    2e. Could just open up new deities for them. Although...can't wood elf warriors still worship Tunare? If that's the case, then problem's solved already, heh. ^^
    2f. Yeah, sure. They have both paladins and SKs already...and that forehead has to be good for some defensive bonuses! ;)
    2g. Actually, this should be a no brainer, imo. Hate is so close to rage in my eyes that they should be really closely linked to this. I think any race that can be a warrior should also be able to be a berserker...since berserkers are basically warriors that have sacrificed (some of) their defensive abilities to increase their offensive capabilities.

3a. Eh...not sure about this. I could see it, I guess...but...it'd just seem weird to me, lol.
    3b. Dark elf bards could be bards that sing about hate to spread hatred throughout the world...or they could just sing like that bard in Abysmal Sea...because, y'know, he inspires a whole lot of hatred from players (or did in the past), haha. I was so happy when I got to kill him for my rogue 1.5 quest! :D
    3c. Hrm...I'm pretty sure dark elf rogues can worship Innoruuk (though not certain, as I'm a wood elf worshiping Bristlebane). If that's the case, then Iksars could just worship Cazic (could give them Bristlebane I guess, but...yeah). The idea about rogues lorewise, from what I can remember...is that they're (jovial) tricksters and cutthroats at the exact same time. If that's the case, an Iksar rogue worshiping CT could just embody the latter aspect
    3d. The problem is the same as 2b. They don't have robe models set up, and that would take quite a bit of work to set up...so I'd say this is probably going to be a no go forever, heh. Not to mention, they're probably lucky to be able to be SKs...because they're both pretty 'dumb' lorewise these days (especially ogres, heh).
    3e. See 2G above. This should be a no brainer, imo. ^^
  13. Caudyr Augur

Berserkers aren't limited to large races...because dwarves can be them (though it's mostly larger races, heh). That's why I say, based on their background lore of being warriors who sacrifices (some of) their defensive abilities for increased offensive capabilities, any race that can be a warrior should also be able to be a berserker.
  14. Wanuven Lorekeeper

absolutely no lore reason why this should be but: Ogre Ranger

Classic EQ ogres are my favorite model and I only play a ranger.

Unfortunately the two cannot be....yet.
  15. Uxtalzon Augur

You know, I just realized that certain races can't even wear robes (hero's forge excluded) because those races have no caster classes:

Half Elves
    Wood Elves
    Dwarves
    Barbarians
    Ogres
    Trolls
    Vah Shir
    Halflings

Quite a few races there. That means if they ever picked one of those races to be a NEC, ENC, WIZ, or MAG, they'd have to actually make a robe graphic for that race or they'd look pretty dumb with a bare chest and armor on their limbs if they didn't. Or they could just ignore giving any of those races a caster class so they could avoid such "unnecessary" graphic changes. Even the old classic models don't have robes for those races...
  16. Naugrin Augur

The only reason iksar were not able to be berzerkers was they based it on innate strength. Iksar's was too low. I always found that ridiculous lol.
  17. danielh New Member

Look, if you people want EQ to go the way of EQMac, keep hating on heroic characters, maybe EQ is better dead than having heroic characters?
  18. Smokn Augur

Ok as someone who has been playing this game since 2001, I'd like to take a moment to say this....WHERE ARE YALLS HEAD HONESTLY!!!!! You realize you have done what you swore never to do??? Killing group content. Making the game for people to box and have 2 to 3 mercs up in group and now because of these stupid merc aa they don't want to drop them for a real player.... Honestly Sony your killing the game I fell in love with years ago!!!
    Next topic on my rant tonight, since when is it ok to charge full price for a expansion and then only give us a quarter of it??? How bout yall stop planning all this retarted stuff like new race/class combo and you focus on giving us the rest of our expansion that WE ALREADY PAID FOR!!!!!! Every day I sit around bored one month after this release because of yall want to slack on your job. This content is not only stupid easy but also extreamly boring, 4 new zones a handfull of quest and yea your great idea on how to kill group content by adding a reason for people to not want to drop the merc for a live player, great thinking devs really high five. Just so ya know in my guild alone I'm pretty sure your quarter of a expansion release lost you 10 paying customers and just so yall know my guild beta test raids for yall and we are one of the top 5 raiding guilds in the game and as a whole we are not happy n I'm pretty sure I can say the other 4 guilds prob feel the same way. I can't see how they wouldn't being we all beat the 4 raids you gave us in beta and are now forced to farm them for months instead of moving on cause you have not givin us what we ALRRADY PAID FOR!!!!! Rant over now please FIX this and soon!!!!
    Love always,
    Smokn lvl 100 Monk of Triton
    Playing since 2001
    Yinla likes this.
  19. Smokn Augur

Also woodelf can use hero forge robe one of tritons droods is a woodelf and is in a green robe
  20. Smokn Augur

rofl you serious here? how many times honestly have you run threw a zone where people are sayin they are LFG and while in same zone notice more then a few groups around but every group has 2 mercs up or more? And you still wonder why people can't get groups....its not that people are not out there at those lvl's its just they would rather have a merc in group that they wont have to roll against for gear then a live player that might beat them out for a drop they want!