Noticed something strange with ornamentation achievements...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tatanka, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

So, I never bothered with ornaments before, though I did packrat them in a house or three ;)

Anyway, just started messing with them, and noticed something funny. The first set I completed by questing for all 7 pieces, and then using them, and I got the achievement. Next I grabbed a couple for which I didn't have the whole set. I used the two pieces, saw the checkmarks in the achievement window, and then stored them away in a house. When I look at the achievement window now, there are no checkmarks by those two pieces. So, does one have to use all 7 pieces of the set at once in order to get the achievement?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

They come and go it seems. Have also had it happen to a full set of figures from the Figurine Collector's Chest: Denizens.. Now I have to buy more chests to re do it since I got rid of them after I thought I had it completed. I even got the bonus figure for collecting the whole set. Gone also.

Tried zoning after completing and different things other suggested thru the years but there are still some bugs it seems in some achievements. Ah yeah, the cats and dogs you collect around holidays is also bugged. I have collected all the cats but it seldom shows that.
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

You definitely have to put all 7 pieces on at the same time to get the achievement. If you have one on, it has a checkmark. But the achievement is for having all of them on at the same time. So no, not a bug. They don't "come and go". It's just the nature of the achievement.
  4. Morthakia Augur

Agree with Smokezz. It has been this way for a long time.

The one thing that is frustrating for me is that placed items don’t count towards your achievements. So I have a number of items from the various Crates that were sold in the marketplace, such as the teleportation paintings. These are all placed in the guild hall. While placed, I don’t get credit, so I’ll literally need to recall everything back to my inventory and partially dismantle my guild hall just to get the achievement!