Not so Lucky

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Anthe, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Anthe New Member

I hate the stupid luck thing, and the fact that you can get better than raid gear without raiding, it has taken a lot of the joy out of getting a new piece of gear. I have no wish to make the same item over and over just because the devs are too lazy to find uses for old money. Most of the fun has already gone of out this game. I started playing in 2000 and the things I loved about this game are gone.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

3. AcemoneyFV Augur

It's literally not that game breaking. 2 Luck, 3 Luck, 5 Luck, whatever. It makes no difference to me. If you want to have 5 Luck on every slot, that's your choice. You can still do everything without Luck.
  4. tyrantula Elder

Maybe with this crash, servers will roll back so you can try again.
  5. AcemoneyFV Augur

Please no. I just completed those horrible Hills of Shade quests. :(
  6. Aurastrider Augur

It sounds like a break is needed. Stepping away from the game will either make you appreciate it that much more or you will find other real life things to focus on. The breaks I have taken over the last year have resulted in my best RL gains. I still think about EQ on a regular basis and have a ton more appreciation for the game. This truly is an awesome experience but if you feel like it provides nothing for you any more a break might just make you realize how much the game actually does provide for you.
    Cimbaeth and Duder like this.
  7. john5 Lorekeeper

And I hate seeing you stand around PoK with all your fancy raid gear and end-game familiar, mount, and illusion benefits as if you actually earned that on your own. A guild carried you, basically your entire career, while you stood there and spammed the same rotation over and over. Now you have the gall to complain that others can kind-of-sort-of get near your level, without a raid force to do most of the heavy-lifting. My main (A Wizard) will always be a better Wizard than you. I've solved countless problems in unconventional ways (no over-geared tank to carry me) that you've never conceived of, painstakingly completed all group content, maxxed tradeskills and finished collections with no lavish guild bank to pick from, and did all of it by myself, with my own boxes that I PL'd myself.

But yeah, I'm sure it was hard for you to show up 3 times a week and listen to instructions.

TL;DR You're vapid and spoiled. Everyone has complaints. Go complain about luck and GMM to your cat.
  8. Cicelee Augur

I really hope this thread will go another five pages based off of the potential of this post.

Instead, it may be lucky to make it to five replies...
    Mintalie likes this.
  9. Tappin Augur

Just do what most casuals do... ignore it. It doesn't make much of a difference and certainly not worth the time and effort.
    Nennius likes this.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

It has potential. Will it live up to it's potential?
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

I am a casual at 28 luck. Does that make me lucky enough?
  12. Leex Pewpewer

I get that making an item and being unlucky really sucks. I agree with you. That being said, it's part of the game and one of the things that makes it hard. You aren't handed everything on a silver platter, like most games.

I'm not sure what your issue is with evolving items, it's a lot of work to get them in the first place, then getting them available to level is a whole other ordeal. Not to mention, they have a limited amount of slots available that you can upgrade. As a raider, you'll always maintain better stats over a group geared individual.

You sound very new to raiding, such entitlement generally does not make it to the top guilds.
    Duder likes this.
  13. Cadira Augur

So like...was there something you needed or...?

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out if not.
    Duder and feeltheburn like this.
  14. Micker Augur

I think luck if one of the cooler things they have added to the game. It fun to try to get the stat up and seeing the lucky crits etc.. I really think it added a bit of fun to the game. If you create an item with one luck, that sucks, but it's better than ZERO luck, if they didn't have luck in the game at all, isn't it?? I think it gets rid of a lot of the excess items and keeps their value higher. Getting the same piece of gear from a mob used to suck, but now it's good, because you can combine it and increase the luck.
    Duder likes this.
  15. Qbert Gallifreyan

In general I agree with the "fun factor" idea, but it has unfortunately been heavily suppressed by all of the monkeying around they did with filters and messaging. I can't easily see most of the things I used to have filtered to various windows, color-coded, etc., so this message goes largely unnoticed now.
  16. Nightops Augur

Why didn't more people like you support my post last month about a need to create an exchange-type of task for the 4 evolving items? It's not just hard enough to get lucky with the drop you need, it's all the other stuff which consumes your time.

*Still no gloves for my bard.

Just trying to do my part to get this to 5 pages of replys.
  17. p2aa Augur

18. Moldar Augur

I didn't even start farming these before halfway of the expansion was over and between making a few Albiet very loud GINA triggers for TA's to Fight Fire / askign in-game friends to be on the lookout/text me and some farming myself I was able to get all 4 items in a relative time frame of 2-months and I'm at least on stage 3 of all 4 items currently leveling in GMM

Frankly you will not have to worry about luck on the Shoulders or Ring as they will be at 5/5 once fully maxed out and yes you do loose some of the hard worked augments, but the stats on the gear is already better (at T3 I stopped wearing my older raid gear period) and just leave them on full time for all of the EXP I can get.

As far as the augments go; get together with some guildmembers an evening and farm the raid trash of each raid zone for the various luck augments / type 19's slots it is a lot better than fighting 54-people in a raid for 1, you will finish up rather quickly, and your raid will thank you because they have a 1-52 chance (or less) of getting augments in the raid. =win win for everyone!
  19. Duder Augur

What augments do you lose? They allow you to shift out your 4 worst 7/8s with the 18/19s being far superior.
  20. Moldar Augur

The various augments people farm for example Type 7 / 8 (i.e., Flotsam of the Darkened Sea -- not saying it is a bad augment, just using that for an example as that is the most recent to come to mind).

And you're right you're not loosing the augments persay; however you also do not get to immediately jump into the good type 19 augments there is some work you have to put in before you get there so you temporarily loose a handful of augments while your leveling up the pieces is all I meant by "losing" augments.