Not so Enchanterly Enchanter AAs

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Filatal, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Filatal Augur

This is the list of things I'm not sure about, not sure can work, or maybe we are just biting off more than we can chew. I understand the idea of throw a bunch of stuff on the wall and see what sticks. But that wall is an actual person and they can get annoyed when asked for things we know are going to get rejected. It can hurt you to ask for too much.

That said, if you guys want any of this really bad, make your case. I put my reasoning under each to why I didn't move forward with it immediately.

Upgrade to gravity flux
    This is a spell issue
    Giving mana free damage via AA isn't a direction they like going

Eye of Illusion - Enchanter version of eye of zomm
    Another class's ability. We don't like classes infringing, let's not do it
    We have plenty of ways to deal with it without needing an AA

Useful Aura: While active, only items usable by a party member will be dropped by mobs
    1) this seems like a spell
    2) Not really possible, mobs with usable loot spawn with that loot, it doesn't appear when they die
    ( yes, I know there are some quest drops that spawn on death, but in general this would be a change to how the code works )

Disenchant: Removes the NOTRADE flag from the Attunable item on the target's cursor. Requires a reagent
    They are not going to give us AA to compete with Market purchasable items. Unless you want the reagent from the Market and even then it is highly unlikely.

Call of the Hero AA
    see Eye of Illusion

Hatestep AA
    see Eye of Illusion

Merc Illusion & Persistent Merc Illusion: Allows the player to cast Illusion spells on mercs
    This comes really close to competing the marketplace and unique player rewards

Bathroom Break: The Enchanter's charmed pet enters stasis and cannot move, attack, or be attacked or targeted for 5 minutes
    I don't see how this can work with current code

Chaotic Mesmerization, passive: innate chance to proc a twin cast buff for ANY mez cast. Increase counters for a proc using Chaotic mez spell.
    Possibly a little overpowered, real problem is it will interfere with Phantasmal Reflex since you can only have 1 proc per spell

An AA that takes beneficial buffs from our enemies and gave them to us/group
    An AA that takes detrimental effects off of us/group and gives them to the mob
    Neat ideas, but looks like it would need a code change

Passive AA that gives a 8/11/14% chance to put an Augmentation-style buff or rune on the target's target.
    This one I just didn't understand exactly. Did you mean on detrimental spells, nukes, mezzes?
    Target's target type effects should probably not be passive.

A passive AA that allows our passive pet AAs (companion's alacrity/fury/durability/agility) to work on charmed pets
    Largely a code problem. We would probably need a charm that autocasts these buffs on charm pets in order for this to work.
  2. silku Augur

I'm ok with all of those but the last one completely disappearing. I'd like to know more about the specifics of why the code is not avilable/capable to work on the pet AA on charmed pets (not saying it isn't true, but thinking there are some simple work arounds that should work with pointers and data structures to make it work.)
  3. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

First of all, I want to say that I think this is a great way of handling this issue. Kudos.

I do want to disagree with you on Bathroom Break. GMs have had a similar ability forever, and we have Friendly Stasis that seems to me could be adapted to target only pets and last longer.

Even if we don't get Bathroom Break, I feel it's important to call attention to the problem it's meant to solve.