Not coming back to EQ afterall...

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Iryola, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Corydon Augur

Not sure if it helps but here I go:

I also have a 20 year old account. I recently started playing again. Getting access to my account was not an issue. I had all info needed at hand. I was quite overwhelmed by now 1000's of AAs and the size of the world and all the new stuff I missed since I stopped playing in 2003.

So what did I do? I started playing on one of the TLP servers and man I love it. All new chars. No access to veteran rewards. But it's not a loss to me. I am having a blast!

What I am trying to say is: Enjoy the game. Don't mind your old characters. The game is still in good shape and can be pretty enjoyable!
    Nennius and KermittheFroglok like this.
  2. Moege Augur

If your name is Iryola on FV I will give you a helping hand :D. I play odd times so may be difficult.

It is hardcore heritage for the next month doubt Unrest is part of it but con any mobs first to see their level on zoning in, you may just be surprised at level 105-110 mob in e.g Old Seb. Crushbone is living up to its name by crushing newbies again !
  3. Moege Augur

Oops Im wrong Unrest is hardcore heritage and stay out of Mistmoore at that level a tiny bit of cloth will be all that is left when you encounter those vampires ! (yes also hardcore heritage)
  4. Ninelder Augur

This is pathetic, its like the exact opposite of customer service...

I have a monk buddy who's artisan's aug went buggy midway through working on it last year. So he petitioned, but since his original email account no longer exists, the Bizzaro-CSRs that work for Daybreak refused to help him. I and another dozen guildees then petitioned on his behalf, which is also not allowed by the horrible CSRs.

After dealing with this for six months; he finally gave up and quit the game. Now he was an everyday player, and and a gold subscription, which Daybreak literally pizzed away. Apparently they do not value people who pay to play the game.

Furthermore, even though he was a monk, he was a good enough monk that he tanked almost all the EoK and RoS mobs for me, and was always willing to help others. My guild lost one of our best players, and the server lost an always ready to help player; while Daybreak lost 15 bucks a month.

The point I am trying to make here is: Everyone suffers due to Daybreak's lack of capable CSR's. Why are we even calling them CSRs, if they are so lazy that they refuse to help paying players even at the cost of their own bottom line. It's hard to believe that any exec or management person would be okay with their employees turning away business.
  5. Kinnan New Member

If you posted something like this on literally any other companies forums or facebooks, you would quickly have a response from someone from that company wanting to look into the issue and how they could fix it. It's been over 24 hours and I see no response so I think I can safely assume there never will be. This is the kind of thing that keeps me from playing this game again on retail, so yet another 15 a month that DBG will not get from someone.
    Ninelder likes this.
  6. KermittheFroglok Augur

Are you sure they submitted the tickets correctly or to the actual DBG support portal and not a spoof site, the reason I ask is that the DBG staff never asked me for my email when I submitted support tickets? I don’t recommend spamming support tickets to any business it just makes it harder for someone to track the issue and might get ignored as a prank or bot spam.

I’ve only submitted 3 tickets in the past year or so but I’ve only had good service and pretty quick responses. I’m nice to them and they seem nice to me. That’s probably one of the reasons I’m still playing, they’re actually more responsive then another game I was playing up until a few years ago.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. KermittheFroglok Augur

This forum is for players to support other players. The Devs sometimes pop in and help, but I think they prefer people to submit tickets and to monitor the issue tracker. Glitches tend to take the longest time to resolve (for most games) because they often have to be escalated to the Devs to address in a patch or someone with the skills to fix it. (e.g. the paramedic won’t give you a stint after a heart attack, they need to find a surgeon to do that.)

Either way, I hope your friend’s tickets get resolved!
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

There is a practical lesson in all of this. Make a note of the answer to secret questions somewhere in your dwelling. I have had to create so many accounts in so many places that without notes I am not likely to remember them all. Please note: I do not suggest making it on your system unless you can encrypt it. Mine are in a paper notebook that is well hidden in my house. It also has my passwords and user names as well.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I doubt he submitted anything. You are right they do not ask for your email BUT you do log into your account. If you cannot log into your account because you forgot the account PW then you have to know the email . And it is stated he did not have access to his old email. He could have made a new account to submit the ticket.

As for having friends "vouch" for him - that has as much weight as your cell mate vouching for you does.

Its very simple - keep your account info up to date and be realistic in that there are some things that cannot be fixed in EQ. I have a broken character that they cannot fix. I understand what the issue is with them not being able to fix him so my choice is to delete him, stop playing or make a new guy or continue on. I continue on. Its a game.

I also have never had an issue with CS or tech support - they usually respond - we are all polite to each other although I feel they are laughing and shaking their heads at my latest issue.

I, for one, am glad DBG takes these steps to ensure account security - after all its basic internet stuff - pw etc
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

For clarification my above post is not to op but to Ninelders issue with the monk buddy.
  11. Notch New Member

For my original EQ account, created in July '99, I am in a similar situation as the OP. Difference being that I have access to my original e-mail account. Unfortunately, my secret question is "favorite food;" which, for before I stopped using the account in '04, was probably something I remembered. 15 years later, not so much.

DBG CSRs were helpful, to a point. Specifically, unless I knew the exact credit card info of the last recorded payments on the account, they no longer would help. This, despite me knowing everything else (both in game and out) for the account.

OP, I'm with you on this one. Sure, we can always make new accounts along the way, but there's something about having your original character at the ready.
  12. Ninelder Augur

Not only did he submit multiple petitions, I submitted 3 myself on his behalf, alongside probably a dozen guildees and friends. I also called every Daybreak phone number I could find(most of which are no longer in service.)

We all received the same response.. That being, only the owners petition that is filed on the toons account will receive consideration.

He even tried to get help using his bank statements as proof of ownership. As if some mysterious spendthrift would pay for an account that they didn't own. For Twenty years!!! If only the people working at Daybreak weren't devoid of all common sense he would still be with us.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  13. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

Why would they consider your petition if it has nothing to do with you? If they did that, they'd have mobs of people lining up trying to send fake petitions for free stuff all the time.

Why did the aug quest go as far as ownership of the account? Makes no sense...
  14. andrewb New Member

with so much info given correctly by the original poster - could not the company copy the account info (characters etc) - and make a duplicate set maybe with an X on the end of names - so IF in the future it proved to be a scam by the OP then the original account is still intact?