Not coming back to EQ afterall...

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Iryola, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Iryola New Member

After a week, and about 50 emails back and forth with support, they are not willing/able to give me my account back.

My account is 20 years old, 65 druid with PoP gear, twinks with Fungi tunics, few 100k plat, etc... Have so much information pertaining to my account, all my characters races/classes, a few of their names too. Billing address, names that paid for the account(my dad then me), gear, username etc.

But I can't answer the stupid secret question, which I know the answer because of what the question is, but the answer they have on file is incorrect to my life and my family members. Seems the answer was a fake or something and ive been unable to guess it with hints even... nor do I have the original email address, an @msn.com which doesn't even exist anymore and Microsoft deleted any msn account that was inactive for an extended period of time.

I lost sleep dreaming of playing again, toss and turn not able to sleep because it all sounded SO FUN. Power leveling 5 toons up to play with my druid, druid being the healer for a 6 box, also some group joining too of course I do love playing with other people when able. I would wake up from a dream that DBG had responded to my latest email guesses and approved my account recovery, dreams were so real that I believed it had actually happened! But nope... a week later and a ton of emails back and forth they are closing my ticket. Guess they don't want my money I would have thrown at them, even with that said it's more of a loss for me then them, I'm truly deeply saddened by this and I needed to vent.

Hope others have better more lenient service than I did.
    Slayan likes this.
  2. KermittheFroglok Augur

I'm sorry to hear that your experience was that bad. Completely different from mine, I didn't have any trouble getting my account back from about the same era. Given how bad account theft/scams use to be I don't really think it's fair to fault DBG if you literally couldn't get in because of your own account validation settings.

To be honest, most of the gear you're talking about is relatively obsolete and 100k plat isn't a lot anymore, you can make that pretty quick just selling Defiant gear on the bazaar. You could get somewhat comparable Defiant gear and back to level 65 pretty quickly, maybe 12 hours time depending on the race & leveling path you choose and what kind of help you get.

My 2 silver is to just start a new account and maybe one day you'll remember your security question?

Good luck incase you change your mind!
    eepok likes this.
  3. Balloo27 New Member

This really sucks but I would also recommend just starting some new accounts. Basically all the gear and equipment you accrued 20 years ago can be easily replaced today. I know you'll still lose some of that nostalgia value but I would still give it a go.
    eepok likes this.
  4. Ceffener Augur

By today’s standards your account has nothing. If you want to play, play the game.

Yes, it’s not a bank account, but how angry would you be if your bank just lets someone in that can’t answer their security question.
    Beebles likes this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ah yes, I remember those days when the internet was new and people made up trick security questions which would then block them from accessing the account when trouble arose and they couldn't remember what they made up. I handled many irate callers in tech support :D

Does it help to know that msn mail became hot mail?

And that you can still twink your toons and 6 box to levels you never dreamed of much easier than how it used to be.

I think the whole thing is that it is not your account, was your dad's and if DB heard you are not the owner then???????? Cause you can't sell or give your account to anyone, not even your relatives.

If you have all that info then not sure why your not just signing in with a name you remember and the pw?
  6. Iryola New Member

Thanks guys, helping me feel a little better about this. I've considered playing anyways, but if I had my 65 druid I could level up 5 more toons in a fraction of the time of leveling 6 new characters?

The new gear out there easily replacing what I had makes sense, but at least I would be starting over with a leg up compred to just 6 new characters. Enough plat to afford all my spells, twink gear to make leveling that much easier. I

would like to get back into the 60s asap, as I had already experienced EQ pre 65 pretty fully. We'll see, that sunken feeling is a little overwhelming right now.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Oh its tons easier than it used to be. Make sure to go thru the entire tutorial if you make a new character, it will show you how it all works now. Nice armor and good augs drop in any zone your fighting in and plat is plenty easy to get to keep you in spells. You should see 60 faster than it took you to go thru that petition to get the account back!
  8. Ceffener Augur

Getting to 60 with a tank Merc, 0 power leveling, is 1 afternoon and you’ll easily have enough PP to buy your spells.

Honestly trying to Pl with your old Druid would be slower. And new defiant gear the drops is better than anything you have ever seen. But tank Merc is so strong you don’t even need gear until 70ish.
  9. KermittheFroglok Augur

For someone just returning, I think that's a little of an exaggeration. An afternoon + evening might be possible for someone on FV with lessons of the devoted. I wouldn't recommend playing on FV to a new/returning player and the OP won't have lessons of the devoted.
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Send me a PM. I'll help you get started on a new crew.
    KermittheFroglok likes this.
  11. KermittheFroglok Augur

This is why our community is awesome!
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If you start a char on AB, give me a shout, I'll give you a hand getting started.
  13. slayerofbats Augur

You could just buy a Heroic character, it starts at level 85 with much better gear than PoP gear and it has 10k plat and a bunch of other stuff. Also you can buy one krono and sell it for about 2 million plat. The only thing you would be lacking from your old account is the nice selection of veteran AAs like an exp boost you can activate once a day and some other useful stuff. If they cared about their customers they would give people like you some of those things as a benefit of the doubt sort of deal.

That said I think this game sucks so I don't think you should bother to return anyway. You will only play alone for 105 levels and then still have to wait to find groups, only to find that the players are horrible and the community is terrible, especially compared to how it was back in the PoP days.
  14. Xsidios New Member

Same experience here. I tried for weeks to convince support my original character was in fact mine. I couldn’t remember all of my info from 20 years ago either. I’m attempting to start over but I’m really disappointed. Support even verified my Templar was still on the server. Sad.
  15. Aurastrider Augur

As stated leveling to 60 on live is a joke. In the time you spent trying to recover your accounts you could have already surpassed those levels. It does suck because those accounts do have vet rewards that you will have to gain again over time. That really is the biggest loss not the actual toons or items.

Do the tutorial and all of the quests and the gear you obtain will be sufficient until around level 60 while you gain plat and some random upgrades along the way. Once you hit 60 it will be easy sailing to farm any plat you need for spells and such that you have not obtained. Just do quests for gear and check the bazaar frequently for upgrades you need now and in the near future. Ask in general chat also if anyone is selling defiant gear. Lots of people just either don't loot it or vendor trash it, or like myself throw it into houses and hand it out when I know people can use it. I hope you decide to give it a try again despite your frustrations. Welcome back in the event that you do return.
  16. phattoni Augur

id just make a new account, you can be in the 60s with better gear than pop stuff in a few days if you do heroes journey or whatever it is. the fungi tunic is worthless now, much better items out there.

couple hundred k is literally worthless now as well. things sell for millions on live servers nowadays.

just sub grab a merc tank j1 and go to town, you will hit 65 before you know it.
  17. Kaley_D'vere Journeyman

I get the whole nostalgia thing, really. But like another said, come back anyway!

Lots of nice features have been added since you played decades ago. No corpse runs, no hell levels (!!!). Mercenaries!! Honestly, super easy to level up. Oh, did I mention no 13-year-old angst in General chat or ooc--usually. Unless it's religion or politics after midnight lol.

I have to disagree a bit on the whole playing alone thing. If you find a good guild, many people enjoy spending a couple hours doing the whole PL gig for another. Even easier if you decide to do a heroic lvl 85 toon ($35.00 in DB store).

Some big guilds such as mine even have "casual" membership available that pretty much guarantees acceptance (but will kick people out at the first whiff of drama--not a bad deal IMO). So come back, guild up, play your heart out. It will take less than a day to get back in the action! You will find most people to be super friendly and helpful!

~Kaley
    Silent Redemption
    Cazic-Thule Mage Team
    erikalee79 and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  18. slayerofbats Augur

Chat is about 1000 times worse now than it was back then. Also he will play for almost the entire first 105 levels no matter what people here say.
  19. Xsidios New Member

It’s not just the nostalgia thing for me. It’s the name.

When I was creating my first EQ DE, I actually took out a dictionary, opened it up randomly, shut my eyes and landed my finger on a word. When I looked at the word, I created my own, unique name derived from that word. I’ve never seen it duplicated except by me for other games. I can’t use it on some of the live servers because my original toon is still there.

I just honestly want the name released. Starting over isn’t that big of a deal for me because I love to play EQ.
  20. Iryola New Member

Alright, bit the bullet and made a few characters. Decided on the FV server because my play time I wont be able to raid all that often, so being able to save up and buy some pieces sounded really attractive. Already up to level 19 on 6 characters ;) but upgrades are expensive as hell! Thanks for getting me back into the game guys, still sad I don't have all my plat and twink items but ill survive. Plus it's been fun, went to Unrest as soon as i could, LOVE that place, Mist Moore is next!