Nostalgia Server - $39.95/mo - Would you pay?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Destroying Angel, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Mabbu-EQ Elder

I would pay a lot more than $40 a month for a server like this. I'm paying for 6 accounts right now, if I was only paying for 1 that would save me money.
  2. Lifebane Augur

YES, I would pay more than $40 a month for this server.

What made Everquest so special "back in the day" was actually having to interact with a full group of real people to accomplish goals. When people can 6 box a group to get whatever they need, it takes the social aspect out of the game. You no longer "need" to rely on other people, so your reputation no longer matters as much.

Boxing, Kronos, and griefing have changed the entire feel of the game.

The demand for this server is clearly there. {see p99}. People are willing to pay for this service {see the amount of new all-access subs at ragefire launch}. I would imagine a large percentage of the population would be willing to pay an increased price for this server.

We're all much older than we were back in '99. Our wallets have gotten a bit fatter as a result. Allow us to pay more for a better service.
  3. Greg Wilson New Member

I would not spend my money on a game that allows boxing/botting even if there's a server that doesn't allow it. I'm not here to support a game company that allows its player base actually encourages its player base to use Multiple Boxes/Bots to stay competitive.
  4. Dark_Intentions Augur

So what if they don't receive support? P99 has its own coders and GM staff. They got it covered.

And how do you know that the P99 game is monitoring your processes? All you install with it is EQ Titanium, and it never patches. So where does it get the client monitor? The only monitoring they do is server-side.
  5. Freki Augur

so now you have no issues with what i said about the fact that they BROKE the law of software piracy and copyright, and bring up something that is neither here nor there. you obviously are a fan boy of p99 and that is your right to be i won't tell you not to. but they broke the law and just because they are accepted now does not change what they did originally.

as to the monitoring. i don't care i won't use their site or game.... i would support DBG before I support pirates acknowledged or not.
  6. Dark_Intentions Augur

I never said they didn't do something illegal. But that's all been resolved between Daybreak and P99. It makes zero difference now.

I'm not a fan boy of P99. I don't even play it. But you keep going on this tirade about piracy and monitoring your processes, when you cleary have not proven they are monitoring, and the piracy doesn't matter now. Just keep ignoring the point about monitoring.
  7. Freki Augur

fine i will say i do not 100% know that they do not monitor your system, just reports from others about the software that they saw on their system. fine you win my concession on this.

so tell me this: Person X comits a murder with a pistol 10 years ago, the family of the dead forgives him. you buy person x's pistol 10 years later (without knowing the murder was by person x). and the pistol is tracked to you in that crime. should you be held responsible for it? well the family forgave the one that did it... you didn't do anything but buy a nice pistol. you'd tell the cops who sold it and they'd go arrest person X as you honestly had nothing to do with it.

why this? well here it is a person's past (or group's) actions are out there and should ALWAYS be considered in if you are to do business with them or not. in this case their blatent disregard for the law makes me wonder if i should trust them with my personal information. oh sure i COULD lie about the account but it makes no difference as there are other things that will identify me in order to get the account there. and others should KNOW about their past instead of hearing oh they are supported by DBG's (which they are not supported as we have agreed)
  8. Kittany Augur

Eh, the way I look at it is like this. You have a problem with P99 and the software monitoring, yet, you also fail to bring up Blizzard. They have had such a program running for years to help with security on their game. (Google up Warden) and that seems fine with a lot of folks.
  9. Dark_Intentions Augur

Then don't play it? Sheesh. No need for the wall of text.

BTW, P99 is free. You aren't "doing business" with them. They don't run ads. Playing on it gives them zero money, unless you donate. But if even that bothers you, don't play it. Pretty simple.
  10. Freki Augur

I guess that you are not doing business with a public library where you get a library card for free, check out books for free.

What bothers me is not that I do not like what they did, but that they don't even admit they broke the law. they think it's "GOOD" that they have done this. and people will give them their personal information when they started out with Theft. what bothers me is that people like you will try to tell someone like me that is trying to bring up awareness to be quiet and accept it as it is. Give yourself a pat on the back, you have succeeded as i am done here. your acceptance of theft, piracy and copyright violation is what is causing the downfall of a few industries in the US.
  11. Unique_Moop Augur

Man ... P1999 IS ragefire without the boxing. The economy is controlled by a few, everything is so expensive you have no shot at uberloots with a casual playtime, and epics are locked down by farmers. In fact its probably worse because plat is so heavily inflated over there. GLuck farming sea furies long enough to pay some dude 100k for your epic. and raiding? lol.

p99 is a good argument against classic-start progression. The server would have been better off with a trilogy release, expedition hate / vp / tov / kael / sleepers.
  12. Dark_Intentions Augur

I'm the downfall of the US now. Great. Glad I could help!
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  13. Grish Augur

If you had asked this question before RF opened, I would have said hell yes. Now, I have 0 confidence that it could be done right by DBG. So no, I wouldn't. I wouldn't even pay $10/month for what they currently offer. I will however, play for free, using Kronos I can farm.
    Rhiyannon and oldkracow like this.