NoS raid crashes after win

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by NyteShayd, Mar 23, 2023.

1. NyteShayd Elder

Category: Quest [Crash]
    Date/Time: Thu Mar 23 17:42:42 2023

Character: Level 120 Ranger (Main)
    Zone: Paludal Depths 11649

Target NPC: a moldy chest
    Target Location: -1277.00, -1107.00, -178.50, 40.00

Description: NoS raids continue to crash after wins on Bristlebane. Achievements and alt currency are distributed and the chest spawns. Almost immediately, often before the chest is opened, all players report the ping timeout countdown and the zone fails to recover. All loot is lost, and in some instances currency and achievement credit is rolled back, but lockouts are consistently recorded.

Tonight's timestamp is from Insatiable an Appetite instance on Bristlebane, about 2 minutes before timestamp. Caught it in time to get a bug report partially filled out and submitted.

This has happened several times across multiple raids and zones since NoS launch on Live. I've been present for raid instance crashes for Insatiable an Appetite, Pit Fight, Myconid Mutiny, and Dance of the Demiurge.
    Wulfhere, Conq, Raiena and 2 others like this.
  2. Raccoo Augur

This happened to us on Cazic server tonight. Freelance beat Shadows Move in Firefall Pass. Soon after opening the chest ping started timing out and then everyone crashed. Logged right back in however the instance was gone, along with all the chest loot. Still had coins, and achievements from the raid event, however had a lockout so couldn't repeat to get chest loot.

I happened to be streaming during this, so I saved the crash in case it helps.

04/27/23 09:55:03 PM You have completed the Stave Off the Shadows achievement.
    04/27/23 09:55:03 PM You have completed the Unending Midnight achievement.
    04/27/23 09:55:03 PM You have completed the Within the Shadows achievement.

[Cazic] Freelance firefalls pass raid crash - Twitch
    Raiena likes this.
  3. NyteShayd Elder

4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

This happened to us last night.

Date and Time: Tue Dec 19 22:10:33 2023 Eastern Standard Time (USA)
    Place: Shar Vahl, Divided (Night of Shadows) instance of Pit Fight raid
    Character: Fanra
    Server: Bertoxxulous

I have sent an email with the details and my dbg.txt file to everquest@darkpawgames.com.