NoS quests - Zero XP, Zero Platinum, Zero Anything - Intended?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fanra, Dec 6, 2022.

1. ShadowMan Augur

Silly that you do a mission and no xp, coin or anything other than group currency.

These should have xp and coin for every completion AND offer 1 time bonus xp chunks for 116 and above. On beta they offered that one time chunk of regular xp so not sure why you would change that.
  2. Dharken Elder

I think the issue here is they consider Velious 2 expansions, and Luclin as 2 expansions. Its a sham to call them expansions when each was originally released as 1.

Since they are the same content structure and level range, we should see equal rewards on both sides of it.

But I would grimace on release day, they have lacked the capability to resolve minor issues brought up in beta. They will intentionally remove things to stop people from "Exploiting" (look at the faction grind pieces for NoS) because it hurts their model, but when we come to them and say "HEY! ITS BROKE! Help?! (broken mob hitpoints, mercs/partisans?) They ignore it and push it to a maintenance patch.

Here is another thought.. Maybe they should stop bum rushing beta and release a Finished product, and not have the first couple of days/weeks of release be Beta part 2.
  3. Gr8fuldave Augur

I did Just a Delivery last night on Drinal and got no reward whatsoever. Just a pat on the back.

Even something small like 10 AAs would have been nice.

Also, is surprising that there is no reward for finishing all Merc and Partisan tasks for the expansion. No reward. I mean, I think that's a pretty big feat I'm shocked there's nothing
    KushallaFV and Syylke_EMarr like this.
  4. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

It’s been their business model from the beginning. It’s not going to change. Reduce your expectations for a 6 week “Beta” prior to launch, but consider it a demo launch. A realistic Beta period would start in March end in June, which would give actual time to analyze feedback and implement changes.
  5. Silvena *poke*

CoV, TBL, RoS, EoK = no reward for completing all Merc and Partisan tasks. ToV/ToL gave xp/MercAA.

So it's not like it hasn't happened before. We just like it when it does.

However, no XP/AA reward for the tasks themselves? Or for completing for the zone? Oi. That's no fun.
  6. ShadowMan Augur

Same with no coin, tradeskill drops or collection drops from zone population in mission. Could have been killing wrong mobs for collection drops but no coin or ts dropping is just bad. Please fix this and do better.
    Nennius likes this.
  7. Vumad Cape Wearer

I didn't see this thread and posted another. Whoops.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/why-no-xp-for-quests.287479/

I got 18AA for completing partisan of Firefall pass. I did not get any AA for completing the quests themselves. I just assumed that the merc gave Platinum but I didn't actually pay attention to that.
  8. Silvena *poke*

Ah good. I went back and saw it did throw AA for completing Partisan. So woops on me for missing that bit. That'll teach me. Still stands that getting nothing for the individual quests is not fun.
  9. Sappas Journeyman

Yeah, I made some new toons on a different server just for the fun of it. I completely skipped progression on expansions that didn't give normal exp. That progression technically isn't completely worthless. However, it is a HUGE waste of time if your primary goal is to get to 120 so you can group with others, etc. If I ever go back to do that progression for stat increases, etc, it probably will be way down the road when I'm 125 or 130 and can knock it out in a day. Otherwise not worth the time sink imo. Not unless you find someone else that wants to do it... then it might be worth it for the fun aspect of grouping, etc.
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

18 aa's nice like finishing a collection line.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They are adding goodies to quests in the patch.