Northern Moorwalker?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Finfan, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Finfan Augur

So, I experienced my first death today in Blightfire Moors trying to root rot a Northern Moorwalker. Apparently they are capable of porting themselves to your position while rooted. How unfortunate! I noticed however that corpse runs are no longer a thing in that I still had everything with me when I revived at my bind point. After this experience I looked the beastie up on Magelo and apparently the loot they drop is rather low value so they are not worth the effort unless you're a tank who needs the xp.
  2. moogs Augur

Well, just a quick correction: it doesn't teleport to your position. It summons you to it. A lot of the tougher mobs in the game are capable of summoning. This happens when its HP is below 97%, so it's safest to pull with a no-damage or low-damage spell or ability, such as a debuff or an arrow. You won't be able to safely root rot this one. You'll have to tank it yourself (ouch) or use a tank mercenary (your best option until about level 60 regardless of your class!) to tank it for you while you keep an eye on your own aggro to avoid being summoned.

Welcome to EQ.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=22425
    A_New_Cleric likes this.
  3. High Voltage Augur

It's a quest mob, not a "named". Thus he's more difficult than the average zone population and doesn't have any interesting drops.

Hehe, nowadays grouping with other players isn't even worth mentioning it seems. Also kinda confusing there was no "you have to box" post as of yet.
  4. Aurastrider Augur

There are four of these guys I believe (north, south, east, and west) and as high voltage stated they are quest mobs. Unless you are actually doing the quest related to them its best to avoid them as they probably wont give you anything of value other than xp. It is worth investigating all the quests for TSS (look under achievements tab... hero's journey) if you plan to kill in this expansion. You should come out with some extra xp for just killing things there and some possible gear upgrades. That expansion has a massive amount of questing and it would be worth your time to knock some of it out now in case you ever decide you want to go back and do the hero's journey at some point in time.
  5. Gialana Augur

I agree to avoid it. The one time I tried to kill one of these moorwalkers with a character that was around the same level as the mob, my character just ended up getting chain stunned. If it still chain stuns, you would need a minimum of 2 characters whether they're player characters or one player with a tank or dps mercenary. Both characters need to be capable of doing damage so that the mobs hit points can decrease while one of the characters is stunned.