Nope, Servers went down

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by NeverPayForLag, Aug 21, 2020.

1. NeverPayForLag Augur

gosh.. this is lame

some complain and you delete and censor all the posts.. wasted time to answer to the disappointed players...

now again all servers kicked...
    I give up playing tonight.. gratz for the weekend crashes...

If there is a rollback again then I get a crisis!
  2. Celephane Augur

neat story bro
    Tatanka likes this.
  3. vickster339 New Member

Wonder if I will end up in the old dev box... 3 of my chars crashed while gating to the GL which had just crashed (I didn't know it had or I wouldn't have gated) and my 4th char died to a repop because the gate collapsed while I was frozen on my other crashing characters... What an adventure lol
  4. shroomie Elder

They've never censored criticism that I'm aware of. Maybe if someone is cursing or being abusive they'll delete but not just because it's criticism.
  5. Nadisia Augur

You know, ok it's annoying (and I'm affected too, I do play on Vox and the server is still locked atm after a couple of crashes, rollbacks, and hiccups) but servers are not mean beings who decide to crash on purpose just because it's weekend.

NastyServer004 tells the raid : Ok boyz and gurlz, it's saturday, let crash all together !!!

Once again, yeah, it's irritating, but let them work on the issues.

And well, an EQ patch without crashes and bugs is not a real EQ patch ;)
    /em hides from Dreamweaver
  6. NeverPayForLag Augur

They do.

I tend to answer as proper as possible if a post is very problematic - I need for that mostly a bit more time (with translators and correction). Yesterday I tried to send it (after a couple of hours) but the thread was gone. After searching/checking I discovered that the thread has been deleted. And a poster there complaint about previous deleted posts. And there was not really a reason to delete the thread.

This has happened in the past often enough, I had that a couple of times. It is a bit annoying making a longer post, only realizing that the thread has been gone again.

Typical topics in the past for that behavior:

- DGB/EQ/Darkpaw issues and criticism in comparision with other companies in the same gaming field
    - botting and 3rd party software and critics to botters and/or the company
    - corona sarcasm

As somebody who recognizes this tendency very much the last 6 months in every presslike institution outside EQ, this is something which catches the eye for me very fast. And yesterday there was no real reason to censor the posts of that guy.

I hope they find the bugs and we don't need to live again for months with disappearing items, crashes and worse like in our AB issues years ago. This starts like the problem why I stopped playing for a bit more than a year.Bad timing for new servers and the next beta phase of the next expansion.

This reminds me on something like: "moving to another system would make us more happy...."...
    Since then there are more issues than before.. at least on AB...