Non-Raiding Necromancers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Sep 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nenton Augur

2. LoCkeD FrOm BeRt Apprentice

at the time it was healing something like 16k IF it proc'd. On a normal group that was not exploiting it, it was hardly anywhere near a priest class in healing. For a tank 16k isn't even 1 bub of health, it's more like half a bub. You want to be a tank and HOPE that the aura will proc so you can have that half a bub healing??? I think not

on edit: it DID take input from the player/group. It could only proc if someone casted damage spells on the target otherwise nothing would happen
  3. Tarrin Augur

I would see it regularly proc more often than I ( a druid ) could cast a group heal.
  4. Noobieguy Augur

Only time it could proc for more than 16k is if it was a priest casting a dmg spell that procced it.
  5. Smallpox Augur

The (d)evolution of Death Bloom

[IMG]
    (Original Death Bloom. Nothing quenches a thirst like an original Coke made with sugar)

[IMG]
    (Beta Nerf. Absolutely undrinkable)

[IMG]
    (Live version, just after Beta. Not as bad as the Beta Nerf, but has a horrible aftertaste)

[IMG]
    (Almost as good as the original, but now uses high fructose corn syrup)

----------------------------------

All in all, thank you (SOE) for hearing us. I for one am very happy there was a resolution to the issue.
    Evelyse and Yyin like this.
  6. Xirtket Augur

There was no resolution, if you consider a very small increase in ooc regen speed a resolution, then yes there was a resolution, otherwise, this new death blossom aa is garbage, a way to try and shut people up.
    tatt2ed, Nenton and Iila like this.
  7. shiftie Augur

Unless hybrids were also casting with much faster casting spammable dmg spells and critting for obscene amounts at ridiculous frequency.

And the buff was tgb and even still only needed a maneuver of a raid leader if not. Not to mention it fired off of weapon procs and things like shining armor it was a lulzworthy ability in the original form arguing otherwise is disingenuous.
  8. Noobieguy Augur

Well if a lot of people used it that way, I would agree... We used it strictly on caster DPS groups. I do not recall ever casting it on anything other than a caster DPS group.
  9. Slasher Augur

so the true motives for some of you come out. I guess when I said you guys couldn't care about group necros you just attached yourself to the cause to make noise. This new AA fixes the group necro issue but why do you not like it ? Because all you really cared about was yourself and other raid necros.

Why does this work ? Because you can hit it in the middle of the pull in most groups or FD and wait 30s and hit it when fighting.

Why don't you like it ? Because the timer in raids is 5 minutes and that is all you cared about was raids.
  10. TheOriginalShaard Lorekeeper

Many don't like it because it is STILL a nerf which affects the group necro; 30 seconds out of combat is still 30 seconds out of combat. I know I've had many groups where I've chain pulled for several hours and would seldom be OOC; likewise in many groups there will seldom NOT be a mob in camp and we will continually be on some mob or others hate list...

Still, its a bone....
    Pyemia likes this.
  11. Pyemia Elder

What does it say about everyone that defended the original nerf?

BTW, there are many reasons that I don't like the nerf fix...

1. Because the two are on separate cast timers, a Necro can potentially have more mana than before... It's a little irritating because you have to wait to go into fast regen mode to kick it off...but whatever. The potential is there.
    2. Original nerf still doesn't do anything about mana for Necros in raids. Fix doesn't do anything, either...but we are now in a situation where a nerf was applied to an ability that wasn't causing a problem and the "solution" not only didn't address the problem, but created unintended negative consequences.
    3. There are good ways to "nerf" the Necromancer that make sense. If there is a problem with "burst" mana production by Necromancers on raids (they die, DB and are back in the game too quickly), the Necromancer community offered solutions that would address that... Those suggestions, were, of course, ignored. Instead, we have this ill-conceived "fix".

Is it better than nothing? Yes.
    But does mean that the "fix" is good, or intelligently done? Absolutely not.

Conspiracy theories about raid-Necromancers aside...
  12. Naugrin Augur

I'm just a wizard but let me attempt to refute this...

When necros solo, they only med as a last resort. They keep dots on as many mobs as is feasible. If they have to wait 30 seconds then they might as well just med. The point is to regain mana while being on agro. Ask melee if they want to wait 30 seconds before hitting rest/respite/whatever you sword swingers call it.
    Coen, Marton and Noobieguy like this.
  13. Noobieguy Augur

Because this makes you sit out for 30 seconds to get OOC to be able to use it. It's way better for groupers than the severely nerfed DB for sure though... The way it reads, can't use it unless OOC, not just off agro. Would be like forcing melees / hybrids to use rest only during OOC, not just off agro.
  14. Ranpha Augur

Funny that they want to make it OOC only now. Originally at 85, casting it OOC was a nice way of dying if there were no mobs around.
  15. Pyemia Elder

Funny, "Haha!" or 'funny-sad'?
  16. Evelyse New Member

OOC regen required for the "group" version..... but no ooc regen required for raid version... You are still penalizing the wrong category of players. Its unbelievable. Just admit you have a problem with the AA as a whole but won't remove it all together because you know the impact that would have.

But i know what the rebuttal will be... but now you have two abilities!

Here is mine... Death bloom worked fine before and needed no nerf...
  17. strongbus Augur

why i will agree I death bloom didn't need a nerf. I can see the reason for ooc for the new one. It makes it useless on raid. besides a death or a full wipe how often during a raid are you ooc.
  18. Bardy Elder

I still don't understand how this AA was fine for years, has been stagnated and all of a sudden it's too powerful?? It's weaker now than anytime previous and nothing was broken back then, why would it be too much now?? Put it at 5-6 mins recast and move on.
    Smallpox and Pyemia like this.
  19. Nenton Augur

The fact remains that the OOC requirement is a bandaid fix because Eli is either unwilling or unable to properly prevent the new AA from working in a raid zone. So instead of implementing the new AA right (which potentially requires code change), groupers are just stuck with this bogus OOC requirement.

I'm not suggesting the new AA should wait until it can be done properly but rather the whole nerf should be reversed until such time as they can actually nerf all the raid mana restore abilities to make mana a resource for everyone, not specifically and only necros.

None of that will happen so groupers will continue to be punished by the bandaid OOC requirement until the servers go down.
    Vivamort likes this.
  20. Tarrin Augur

Druids have this issue, too.

Druids have been told for years now " just because every single other mana based class gets an ability, that doesn't mean you should get it, too ".

Just saying, its obvious now from the devs and forum posters ( since forum posters were the ones telling this to druids ) that you need a stronger argument than " only necros have an issue with their active mana regen, not others ".

Not saying I don't completely agree with you, and I am not a fan of whats been done. I am only trying to say that the reasoning you are using ( regardless if I agree with it ) has been used by others for a while now, and they've been told " sorry, that is not a valid excuse ".
    Leerah likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.