<Nocturnal Souls> - THE Agnarr Guild

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Grishnor, May 16, 2017.

1. Grishnor New Member

Reposting this with our newly decided upon guild name...Nocturnal Souls. Also updated some of our raid days/times.

We have been around since the dawn of time... or at least the dawn of the MMO. Starting back in original Everquest, we have always maintained the philosophy of "do more with less". We pride ourselves in finding players that are dedicated, loyal, and above all, skilled. We thrive on defeating encounters with strategy, not numbers. While this version of Everquest will not necessarily be as taxing as in days past, we still have no desire to have a "ZERG!" mentality.

What is expected of our members?

1. Maturity - Age is not so much a factor with us. In the past, we have had some very capable members that did not fall in the "21+" range. However, we do require a member to be able to follow instructions, keep the drama out of the guild, and be able to chat in complete sentences.

2. Availability - Back in the old days of Everquest, we scheduled full guild raids 4 nights a week, and had 1-2 more optional raids a week as well. While we fully intend to have plenty for members to do, we are a lot more forgiving of a persons out of game schedule than in the past. That said, we are not looking for members that play once a week. Because we are not interested in having a guild with 100+ members, its vital that our members maintain a higher level of attendance than in a pure "casual" guild. On average, we would like our members to play a minimum of 3-4 nights a week for a few hours a night.

3. Sense of Humor - Many of us have played together for many years, and as such have become very good friends. We tend to joke around with each other quite a bit. Its important that our members understand our verbal sparring is strictly in fun and we never take it seriously. That said, we tend to keep our conversations in a manner that is (mostly) PG-13, so to speak. We are not interested in vulgarity and will not accept any type of chatting that can be found offensive.

4. Team Oriented - We expect our members to contribute to the guild in some way. What that contribution is we leave to the individual members to decide. Grouping with other members for quests, using trade skills to outfit other members, simply entertaining other members with excellent guild chat... the choice is yours. A guild is a team effort and everyone is expected to contribute.

What are the goals of the guild?

1. Having FUN - This is the number one priority of the guild. If our members are not having fun, then we have failed in our chief goal. We plan on doing this by having plenty for our members to do. Group questing, epic hunts, raiding... we plan on doing it all.

2. Progression - Everyone likes to improve his or her character. That can be accomplished through levels, gear, or any number of things. One of our goals is to constantly improve the guild. Naturally, this is done by making our members stronger. We will do this by making sure we utilize available trade skills, saving found gear for members, and of course... grouping in instances. All this will lead to the ultimate goal of being able to master every raid encounter the game has to offer.

What are the raid days/hours, and loot system to be used?

At the start, we will have raid days of Sunday and Monday from 6:30-9:00pm Central time (7:30-10:00 Eastern). We will add a 3rd raid day at some point, picked based on availability of guild members

As for loot, we've used a Suicide Ladder version of DKP with great results in the past. While this is not necessarily set in stone, some form of this will be used.

How do I apply?

Please contact Grishnor, Elfintolerant, or Maker in game, fill out an application or leave a message on the forums at http://ns-agnarr-eq.shivtr.com/ and we will get in touch with you. You can also ask any questions you have on this post.

Thanks for reading!

Grishnor
    Always the healer!
    Nocturnal Souls
    Razzle and Maker like this.
  2. Maker New Member

Reserved for future updates...

Stay tuned.
  3. Maker New Member

We have some exciting stuff happening and momentum is building.

With just a week until launch, if you are looking for a casual raiding guild made up of experienced players and all around good folk, look no further!

I can help answer any questions via forums or inbox me.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

Looking forward to it!
  5. Maker New Member

Awesome! Glad to have you on board :) -- be sure to check out the member section on the website - we've got groups pre-forming and all other sorts of info for the members ;)
  6. Maker New Member

Greetings friends. With less than a week to go, <Nocturnal Souls> is ready for Agnarr. Our recruitment is currently open and we are looking for few more good folk to join us for grand adventures. This is a great group with a drama free/laid back atmosphere and a fair and simple DKP system.

If this is what you're looking for or even if you are just primarily....nocturnal? Fear not! You still have time to sign up ;)

See you on the Guild Forums :) http://ns-agnarr-eq.shivtr.com/

Maker
  7. Vyperhand New Member

Wasn't this guild on Luclin back in the day?
  8. ChaosU New Member

What time zone Will this guild have the most Activity in?
  9. Grishnor New Member

We were on E'ci prior to the server mergers. Hoping to bring back the extremely fun times of old!
  10. Grishnor New Member

Most of us play every weekday evening in the EST/CST time zones. Weekends the activity is all day.

As stated, we don't expect our members to play every night...but are wanting folks that play 3-4 days a week for a few hours when they do. We want to keep membership at a manageable level, so will rely on everyone to be active.
  11. Maker New Member

4 days, 6 hours, 30 minutes until Agnarr launch (as of this post). Things are looking good and we've still got pre-launch groups forming.

If you're in the search for a good guild to call home check us out! We are a group of casual, family friendly and mature players, welcoming more good folk.
  12. ECrack Augur

Mm too bad you're adding a third date. Sunday Monday would work for me. Well sucks for me I guess lol. The search continues.
  13. Maker New Member

You aren't required to have to come on the third one my friend. Just trying to add a variety for what works for people, etc. Even if you can consistently make two raids you'd definitely be contributing :)
  14. Maker New Member

Some of us have been having loads of fun on Lockjaw! Agnarr is fast approaching. If you are looking for a great group of friends to play amongst - check out our website at http://ns-agnarr-eq.shivtr.com/. We are a core of mature players that are family friendly. We look to raid casually 2-3 days a week! Come be apart of the adventure!
  15. Maker New Member

Greetings friends! Three days until launch! We are still openly recruiting. If you're looking for a great group to start Agnarr with we have plenty of players to group along with during the server rush! Come sign up and check out our member section!
  16. IxJxOxHxNx New Member

I put an app in. Looking forward to Agnarr.
  17. Maker New Member

Awesome! Welcome my friend :) -- be sure to check out the member section for some group planning :)
  18. Maker New Member

I am humbled by all the great people signing up for <Nocturnal Souls>. We truly have some good folk joining us. With less than three days before Agnarr, if you're still lookin for a place amongst friends, check us out at http://ns-agnarr-eq.shivtr.com/.

Many have been asking "What class should I play for the guild raid needs." The best answer I have for you is this: Our current recruitment is very balanced, tanks, DPS, clerics/priests. We encourage you to play the class you will have the most fun on and be willing to invest in.

We look forward to seeing you in the member section!
  19. Maker New Member

Greetings friends! Agnarr launches TOMORROW! And I want to thank all of the great folks who have taken the time to look into <Nocturnal Souls> and sign up! We are approaching 40 members! If you haven't signed up and are still looking for a family friendly, casual raid guild be sure to check us out before launch tomorrow! While we will never turn down a good player with an outstanding reputation, our recruitment will be tightening down considerably after the launch.

This is because
    1) We do not seek to Zerg our targets down. We aim to defeat all content with a modest raid size. This is because we want you to be a part of what's going on and not feel like you're just another number. We want what our members do in a raid to have the feeling of "it matters."

2) Our roster is very balanced. We are not desperate to recruit or spam invites to have 100+ members. We will never sacrifice the quality of the player standards we have to put warm bodies on a raid target.

On the contrary, we sincerely invite you to come adventure with us! Recruitment is open until launch. At some time afterwards, again, we will be narrowing our open classes and our recruitment requirements.

Much thanks for your consideration!

Maker
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

I might lose sleep over this...