No, you didn't fix chat channels

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Ketzerei84, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Ketzerei84 Elder

Yes, this issue is still existent - for me it's chat channels off my own server. I can join a serverwide or other server channel ONCE on a NEW character ONLY(and everything works normally) and after that...
    example:

/join serverwide.sk:sk
    displays the channel information as if connected
    immediately states 'invalid server name or server not found'(this is always amusing when it says I'm on a server with over 30 people for a split second)
    /list shows me NOT connected to the serverwide channel.
    If I create a new character I can join a channel, but immediately upon logging out and logging back in my ability to join any channel besides 'general chat channels' is broken.
    Elyssanda and Celephane like this.
  2. Ketzerei84 Elder

Extensively tested this on several servers. This appears to affect only characters which were created before the fix to chat channels and /who was put in. I've done every debug step on the list, including the nuclear option of uninstalling and reinstalling(deleting all residual files after the uninstall first) and it still is broken.
  3. Malbro Augur

Still an existing issue with me also. Last night had them go down during the defenders of the tomb raid.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  4. Celephane Augur

I find if my channels are idle for a bit I lose them and have to zone. This happens constantly and every single day
  5. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I am experiencing the same problem. I can't join any serverwide channels anymore, even though I could earlier. serverwide:eqresource being the main one. I'm not sure when it changed, or why it changed. But I miss being able to speak to people from other servers in a nice setting.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  6. Malbro Augur

It started doing this 6 months ago with the chat server maintenance.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  7. Ketzerei84 Elder

serverwides and other server channels(I get a message player not found on host server) borked. Sad since I use quite a few chat channels on several servers and serverwides to keep in touch with old friends who very rarely come play. We don't always know what server we'll be on, or what our character names will be, but those chat channels let us keep in touch over the years since our old guild disbanded. We've all done it for... well over a decade.