no warning before server shut down...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by That One Guy, Jun 20, 2018.

1. That One Guy Augur

We were given a message 30minutes ago and told that the server shut down was aborted and there was no need to log off...

We received no message after that. We just got disconnected at 6:38am with no warning.

2. RandomStrategy Augur

Did you ever think they might have not intended it to go down?
  3. That One Guy Augur

It's patch time, so no, I believe they did mean to bring them down.

But, not sure why we received a message saying that shut down was aborted, 30min before scheduled time, and then we get no warning for 30+ minutes and then we all crash at the same time.
  4. Lyte New Member

Well, isn't this nice of them to Abort it and than shortly there after bring it down....
  5. Yawutokay Lorekeeper

yep patch announced for 630 PST so playing after 630 is at your own peril
  6. Calandar Tinyarrow New Member

I was naive and ignorant to trust that "aborted" server message that said "no need to log off". I made a conflagrant back piece for my warrior Kanthaf on my main toon Calandar, on EMarr, gave it to him, and he equipped it. Then I noted he could not enter GL, when I went to go to GH to change out the aug. I then sensed that things were amiss, just as the server crashed. I hope my back piece it still there this evening, or at least all my components. Normal poor communications. I should have known.
  7. That One Guy Augur

There was a system message at 6am that said shutdown was aborted and there was no need to log off.

No other message was given till everyone got disconnected at 6:38

What part of this are you having a hard time understanding?
  8. Gremin Augur

After all these years you would think people would learn a few rules about patch day....

#1 Always assume there will be a patch even when said patch was aborted. You can't stop the patch....

#2 Never ever schedule anything new on patch day, you will regret it.

#3 See number 1 and 2
  9. That One Guy Augur

They always give warnings before the server comes down for patch. But, the time they specifically tell us the shut down is aborted and not to log off... is when they decide to give no warning messages to log off.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It was posted elsewhere but they are looking into what caused the message that the shutdown was aborted.
  11. jeskola pheerie

Warning McMarrin
  12. Yawutokay Lorekeeper

I mean I understand time. The abort message was at 6, which made sense since the patch was for 6:30. Just because it was aborted didnt mean there was no patch, it was a generic abort message. If you had a gm specifically say OK GUYS NO PATCH TODAY then fine, but that didnt happen. You assumed wrong.
  13. Gromph Elder

The patch notification was on news and announcements the day before specifying a 6 hour patch down time. Server messages should of been irrelevant.
  14. That One Guy Augur

What are you guys even talking about.

If they specifically say the shut down is aborted and to not log off... that tells me they cancelled or changed what time the servers are coming down.

Every single time they at least give warnings. Like 30min 5min 2min 1min etc. This time, when they accidentally tell us the shut down is aborted (no previous message before that for 2+ hours, they also don't even give us a warning before the servers come down.

You're just making excuses for them accidentally sending the wrong message and then never even giving a few minutes warning saying log off. They ALWAYS give you a few minutes warning when the servers are coming down for patch.

But, not the 1 time they specifically say don't log off.

I knew there was a patch. But when they send a message saying the shut down was aborted and not to log off... 30min before scheduled patch. Yes, it seems safe to assume they delayed the patch. I guarantee you that they intended to send out a message saying to log off. But something went wrong.

Don't blame us for assuming their message was correct and then having 0 other message telling us to log off.

You would be right if there was a message at 5:55 telling us to log off and then a message at 6 saying aborted. But no... there wasn't. The aborted message was by itself with nothing before or after it.

Clearly just a mistake on their part.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There was also 0 messages indicating that the patch was not going to happen as planned. It would have been easy enough to check the forums after the abort message was seen to verify what was happening and with nothing posted about it I would assume it was an error.
  16. That One Guy Augur

Yeah 0 messages... besides the only message sent which told everyone not to log off.

Shut down aborted means there will be no shut down. No shut down equals no patch.

I think it's safe to assume that the system messages are correct. Why would we auto assume that this message is wrong...? It makes no sense to assume this.