No Pickzones for DoN?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Machentoo, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Machentoo Augur

Those tier1/2 quests are going to be loads of fun with 100 people in stillmoon temple and no picks.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Far as I know load balancing was only done for classic->OoW and the last 2 (or 3?) live expansions.
  3. Darchon_Xegony Augur

They really should load balance all zones on TLPs, especially ones with as high of populations as Phinigel.
  4. Ryak Augur

It's really silly that they didn't since I assume it's basically just a flag on the zone. I guess they have to pick an appropriate threshold.
  5. Prathun Developer

Unfortunately, it is not that simple. We can look into setting up load balancing for DoN zones after the launch of the expansion. Thanks!
  6. Machentoo Augur

Not sure there will be much need by that point, at least not for Phinny. Maybe future TLP's will benefit.
  7. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I'd go ahead and take a swing at load balancing DoDh and PoR zones while your under the hood Prathun.
  8. Prathun Developer

Good idea. Darkhollow shouldn't be too much trouble. There may be some complicated problems to solve in PoR.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  9. JustACleric New Member

And loot/kills in instances don't count for solo tasks. :rolleyes:
  10. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I'm in IT and I'm aware that sometimes I sound like I'm being a when pointing things out; that's not my intention so bear with me.

Here is a list of the unlock dates listed for Phinny on the in-game calendar which goes through the end of 2018:

January 31, 2018 - Depths of Darkhollow
    March 28, 2018 - Prophecy of Ro
    May 23, 2018 - The Serpent's Spine
    August 15, 2018 - The Buried Sea
    October 10, 2018 - Secrets of Faydwer

I guess I hope that's sufficient time to get load balancing set up. I'm kind of surprised it wasn't for DoN. Roshen announced yesterday's date almost twelve months ago.

I'm not trying to or complain. I am just asking that staff understand why we are confused that something with 11 months notice wasn't checked/confirmed for a premium server which (we assume) is still a solid revenue stream. Just to make sure my documentation is straight, the official Progression Server Guide does not suggest that load balancing is only a feature on TLP servers up through OoW.

EDIT: Formatting
  11. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Again, I'd rather have a delay to DoDH and PoR to make sure the proper AOC and pickzones are made. I know it's not ideal but so is going into the expansion without those set up. Hopefully I am not in the minority opinion on this.
  12. Hanbax New Member

In IT, but not a developer I’m guessing? From other posts from the devs I gather that the dev team at DB is relatively small, they have to keep live patches rolling, maintain velocity on new expansions, and make tweaks to inherited code that is up to 19 years old in such a way that it only affects certain servers. So they either have multiple copies of a code based to maintain, or it has to be retrofitted to be flexible. Both take time.

Regardless of the difficulty of work that have on, or the amount. If you in fact are a developer, you should know the difference between “that’s an easy one, should only take a couple of days”, and “that’s an easy one, I’ll have it to you in a couple of days”. Just because a task is 1 hour of work, doesn’t mean it takes priority over the other twenty 1 hour tasks in the to do list.