No need to nerf... Let's balance (Expierenced Warriors, need apply)

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Insaneo, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Ranpha Augur

Did anyone already mention or realize that the Knight version of their defensive disc works like a Vie, meaning even though it is a lesser percentage than Final Stand, it works on the whole hit (DB+DI) while FS only works on the DI portion? That makes it closer to the effectiveness of Final Stand than the percentages seem to indicate, and in fact is better on mobs with high DB.

Mitigate Melee Damage by X%
    is not the same as:
    Increase Melee Mitigation by X%

Now I heard this percentage may get increased further...
  2. Sinzz Augur

funniest part about this was i had actually made a warrior to see for myself if they were as bad as folks say for everything else cause of ole razzak there but now i feel like scrappin him and just staying with sk ./waves to raz
  3. Razzak Elder

Its not that there "bad", its that there broken and not being fixed, all the while our hybrid cousins are getting neat new toys and such....which is great for them, but i want some stuff too and id like to have broken things fixed (ie 2h dps), and definately something needs to be done about survivability when not MT on a raid.

And hey Sinzz..hows it going bro
  4. Razzak Elder

Im being told its an additional 1%....not really worth getting excited about imo
  5. Razzak Elder

When building raid groups, weve often still used SK's in the MT group for epic rot's, and it is still effective. We have a metric ton of SK's and very few warriors (as im sure most guilds do unless there capping the amount of recruits they accept), SK's, in my guild,have taken up a lot of the roles for 3rd or 4th tanks in a line up out of necessity. Ive come to trust there abilities to be a very close second to the big bad warriors.
  6. Enizen Elder

Most guilds actually don't have a large number of SK mains (mine does, and frankly when I applied I almost went elsewhere because we have/had to many SK). SKs do not stack well on raids, yes we are great off tanks, yes we can MT after warriors (no its not ideal ask your clerics). Most guilds I know of limit SK mains to 4 or less, often 3. Warriors seems to be around 5-6ish.
  7. Sinzz Augur

you has kabathi! what more toys would you need? :) missing you guys hope all is well and yeah they need to get you guys back where you used to be fo sure!
  8. Kurayami Augur

Yea, just what every SK really wants, to secretly have a paladin inside them. Just, no.

Tell you what a good utility for SKs would be, a taunt that works.
  9. Daislet Augur

When a Warrior tanks and dies - they have to wait 10mins for their Final Stand to refresh.

Knights with a 3rd defensive disc don't have that downtime anymore. They can rez, hit Rest and have a second (the old 35% one) and third defensive disc (20%) available to them.

Each Knight brings 3 "chances" to tanking. Whereas the warrior brings only 1.
  10. Drathos_BotS Elder

At Fan Faire it was stated unapolegitically that Soe's vision for all the tanks to be equal. Which if they are made equal makes the warrior class obsolete. That question was answered that way by the lead dev at the roundtable q&a.
  11. Enizen Elder

Except that the 2nd and 3rd ones are Vie like abilities, the knight likely has no mana to aggro at this point, or at least very little. I can't speak for Paladins, but for SK (at least me) if something did eat through my mantle/carapace, I was probably tapping to keep my HPs up, if I die I have no mana to tap anymore. It would just be suicidal for me to try to tank again.
  12. Razzak Elder

depends on how "equal" is percieved..if were talking equal mitigation, how then does a warrior become equal to pally or sk's that have mana? Are warriors going to get mana now and spell gems and such? o_O There is no reason to make everyone equal, i think it is best with each being its own master, and for the warrior thats pure tanking ability...its all we do

Not trying to rip on this poster but rather have this sent back to whatever dev may stumble across it in hopes of some sort of explination or what have you
  13. draginn Elder

Here is a helpful thing for all warr and others pallys can cast First spire on you war this aa is stackable by eveything and gives a chance to be healed a lot more. Dont know how many pallies you have but at least 1 or 2 can cast on you while or right before u start tanking a raid mob.
  14. Vezoth Apprentice

By giving us DPS and ADPS I would venture. They've alreadied started it in this beta. I don't find it far fetched. Tho the devs fail to release (I hope that there just ignorant and not spiteful) that if they did go this route we would just basically be switching roles with knights.

Give knights the DPS / ADPS, I sure wouldn't mind a second Defensive.
    Tegila likes this.
  15. Dre. Altoholic

I could really have some fun with this one.

I'll start with equal survivability without incoming heals and follow that up with equal solo ability.
  16. Razzak Elder

FD would be nice...oh and how about a nice HP/AC buff that i can share with my friends too...96 rez..life taps...the ability to yanks mobs to me solo...group heals..lol could do this all day.

I do want to reiterate though that I am not a proponent of suchandsuch class needs to be nerfed because they have this uber thingy they do and its not fair. Just give my class some stuff to that will allow us to compete and have fun. As close as things have gotten with mitigation is it really out of line for me to want more of it. Look at the gap from where we started compared to what it is today, other classes have been consistently closing/narrowing the gap and we have been stagnated. Giving a War more mitigation (something that affects DI and DB would be nice!) doesnt hurt sk's or pallies but it helps to solidify the need for the warriors in game....giving them a way to become self sufficient for short periods of time could increase the desirability of the class and revitilize it...all of the mentioned changes above only makes the class that much better and hurts others none at all (one could even say that it would domino effect those classes too).
  17. Kurayami Augur

While the help would help (extra mitigation) warriors and not hurt anybody for this set of expansions, this would not be true for the next one it would cause issues yet again. This would happen due to SOE's tendency to make raid bosses just barely tankable by warriors assuming last expansion's raid gear at the very start. So it would actually affect everyone come next XP, just not right now.

Everyone already gets a fade now don't they? This doesn't bother me as an SK one bit, their fades can't compare to the FD abilities of a true FD class. Nice that you want all the skills from both classes on top of existing warr ones, that'd work out. I'm pretty sure you are just being sarcastic though, so no need to go into any detail about that :)
  18. Dre. Altoholic

Go with things that are common to both Knights but warriors lack. Long range agro, superior 2h ratios, powerful burning AA's, instacast fast mount, etc.
    Xeladom likes this.
  19. Fyrerock Augur

Mitigation is superior to self heals when you are fighting tough melee mobs, while self heals are superior to mitigation when you are fighting under con mobs, so yes all raid level knights find it easy to tank any mob in the group game. You want to make all three tanking classes equal then they need to remove the warrior superior mitigation and add abilities to give them some type of self-heal. Your arguments about the disadvantage of warriors can not be about raid level tanks vs group level mobs.

Tanking names in Voa for the group equipped knight was not easy, when you did not have a full set of gear from the tier you are fighting in, because self heals did not make a big enough difference compared to the dps the names were putting out.
  20. Razzak Elder

I dont disagree with the overall thought of this post however what im trying to say is that the difference between war mitigation and sk is not what it used to be, it is in fact rather slim and the self heals that you guys get more then makes up for it...and yes that specifically int he group game. However, in the raiding scene it still applies...yes the war is still needed to tank the big nasties on current "new" content raids..but once there on farm sk's can handle the job np.

and yes my post above was totally sarcastic...i dont want those things or i would have rolled the other class.

As for the mitigation effecting boss mobs and the tankability levels...I guess im just of the opinion that if it can be barely tanked it should be the warrior thats tanking it...it is afterall what our calss is solely and specifically designed to do, without the utilities offered to the other tanking classes. I can see how this would negatively affect you though and agree its probably not the best way to go...idk maybe SOE will make bind wound uber at some point...lolololol