No more Rasper's

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kukaw, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kukaw Augur

I just found out while looking up something. The archive is still up thru Samanna (Thank you).

Just wanted to say Good Luck and thanks for the boat loads of info thru the years :)
    Leerah and Kelefane like this.
  2. Dreamrider Elder

3. Drathus Augur

I loved the simple and direct format of the guide. Was already missed.
  4. Leerah Augur

Rasper is a great guy.
  5. iniari-TR Augur

eq resource is the place to go now for the latest info.
    Sinestra, Riou and Voodoman like this.
  6. Talif Augur

He posted last year when he quit. IIRC it was over Two Sides of the Stone raid =x EQResources has done an amazing job of picking up the slack though.
  7. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Who will I go to now when I want information held at ransom until an amount if "donated" to pay for someones expansion and several accounts?
    Rafather, Luft, roguerunner and 3 others like this.
  8. Shang Augur

His guild wasn't good, and he wasn't a good player.

He quit several times for several reasons. Take what you read with grains of salt. Or sugar, if you prefer coffee.
  9. Langya Augur

And yet his website was 100% more useful and informative than yours' Shang. Oh wait you don't have one.....

If you can't say something nice, or at least constructive, say nothing at all.
  10. Shang Augur

Would you like to be the pot or the kettle in this analogy?

Edit: I realize Rasper has a lot of fan boys. Most of them have no clue about his actions. It's too bad, really.
  11. Talif Augur

Never said he was good or bad, just the reason he quit. But, uh, thanks?
    Fenthen likes this.
  12. Langya Augur

Judging Rasper's website and the information it provided by his guild tag or his level of play is just ridiculous. How he conducted his business is also a separate issue removed from the overall positive impact he had on the community. Rasper is still just a person who can make mistakes and those mistakes do not warrant being his EQ legacy when contrasted with all the good he has done.

Going by Shang's standards, Rorce and Riou can only provide the information they do under the condition that they be tagged to the very top most guilds and be the perceived tops in their class. Thankfully, those are not requirements for running a great information/fansite in spite of the fact that they are actually pretty good at the game too. Keep up the good work, fellers.

EDIT: No I am not a fan boy, but if someone goes out of their way to provide something that you did not have the desire or initiative to do yourself but still feel it necessary to flame the guy publicly, well that is just pure garbage. Oh and Shang..some people don't rate anything nice or constructive. You give what you receive....
    Leerah, Mellifleur and Fenthen like this.
  13. Shang Augur

If Rorce and/or Riou complain about the difficulty of a fairly easy raid, I would call them out as well.

If Rorce and/or Riou used their prestige and site to promote their agenda of making said easy raid easier, I would call them out.

They've done neither nor. Your comparison is invalid.

I also have no clue how good/bad of players Rorce and/or Riou are. They don't make idiotic posts about how Rogues need boosts to judge from.
  14. Langya Augur

What good does calling Rasper out now achieve? Look, what is done is done. Rasper's balance sheet still comes out positive. That is all any person should be judged by. Heck you made some public allegations (which you will most certainly deny) about your former and now once again current guild but for some reason they felt inclined to take you back. Must mean you do something halfway well for the rest of it to be ignored. Other people also deserve the same benefit of the doubt.
    Mellifleur and Fenthen like this.
  15. Shang Augur

What good does defending Rasper now achieve?
  16. Langya Augur

/facepalm. Maybe some people are thankful for the guy's efforts and don't see the need to trample on that good aspect? You just don't see past anyone other than yourself and those at your tier of play do you?
  17. Piemastaj Augur

Rasper did also 'force' people to pay him so that his guide would be released on more then one occasion.

That is shady anyway you spin it. 'If you don't pay me, I won't allow you to see my totally finished guide that I created using my Beta connections'.
  18. Shang Augur

Actually, I'm down with the struhggle.
  19. Langya Augur

/shrug. I never paid him one thin dime. There was no written contract saying I had to nor was their any promise of more guides. If he demanded payment or no guides well, then no guides it is. There was ZAM, or just having to use one's head and figure it out. It was not required material to succeed. EQR filled the void well, however. If I was a paying customer, I would expect a higher level of service and conduct from Rasper but hey, you get what you pay for and in the case of Rasper the price was right. Still, while they were available, I was thankful for the efforts and the guy deserves thanks. If he had an axe to grind or some agenda to push, it must have been tuned out since his site got visited for practical means. If you feel that he was trying to extort you or undermine your agenda than that is your cross to bear. Heck, his site is gone and he no longer plays. Guess that means you won, eh?

Honestly, I don't see anyone else publicly lambasting him other than people in RoI or those close to that tier of play. Everyone else is just thankful for the effort or has the common decency to keep their negativity to themselves. That is what is at issue here. People get that you all feel you have the obligation to "protect the game and the community", be it to serve your own needs or some actual desire to do good, but sometimes you all just come off as being just plain arrogant.
  20. Shang Augur

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

I need to go to bed. While I'm gone, I expect three more three more squirms of topic changes on ways to attack me, two more clueless statements, and a partridge in a pear tree.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.